Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari (1670 Views)

Kassim Afegbua Declares Support For APC, Ize-Iyamu In Edo / APC NWC Makes U-turn, Declares Adekunle Akinlade Ogun Governorship Candidate / Omisore Declares Support For APC In Osun Rerun (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari by abumaryam012(m): 10:34am On May 02, 2018
WORKERS' DAY: OBASANJO MAKES U-TURN, DECLARES SUPPORT FOR BUHARI

New-Nigeria Reporters 01/05/2018

Former Nigerian President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, today veered from his earlier stand that President Muhammadu Buhari has ran out of idea on how to lead the nation and should be voted out of office in the forthcoming 2019 general elections in which Buhari is seeking reelection for a second term in office.

Chief Obasanjo made the declaration today while addressing the Comrade Ayuba Wabba-led leadership of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) who paid him a courtesy call at his Abuja residence as part of activities marking this year's 'Workers' Day'

Obasanjo told the NLC leadership that he watches with great admiration the superlative performances of President Muhammadu Buhari during the interactive session with US President, Donald Trump at the Oval Office in Washington DC where Buhari is currently administering a three day working visit to the United States of America.

Chief Obasanjo who said President Buhari has done his best for the Nigerian workers in terms of prompt payment of salaries and other wages, regretted his earlier stand against Buhari's reelection bid, blaming the President's media handlers for their refusal to make public Buhari's massive achievements especially in the areas of infrastructure, fighting corruption and curbing insecurity in the country

According to Nnrnews.com, Chief Obasanjo told his guests that President Buhari could perform better than any other Nigerian in the exalted office in the next four years, noting however that age is the only limiting factor against the President's performance in the forthcoming general elections.

"I can say I was misled by some quarter of the media to believing that President Muhammadu Buhari was performing below average. I learnt a lot after making public my stand against Buhari ahead of the forthcoming general election. That was when his media handlers deemed it fit to avail me some documents containing his achievements within the three years he came to power. I blame them for misleading me and other Nigerians. By this his performance in Washington DC, I believe he (Buhari) is still high in spirit and can perform better than any other Nigerian in the next four years." Obasanjo stated

He thanked the leadership of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) for their relentless efforts in always fighting for the Nigerian workers through legitimate means, adding that the time has come for the Federal Government to review the country's minimum wage to better the lot of the Nigerian workforce.
Re: Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari by PassingShot(m): 10:35am On May 02, 2018
PMB doesn't need his support to win in 2019. He didn't need it in 2015 as well.

The fact remains that most of those past looters who later accepted PMB's candidacy in 2015 saw the handwriting on the wall and quickly joined the train. They never wanted him.

The long list included some governors and lawmakers. Many of them would have lost without PMB brand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari by SalamRushdie: 10:36am On May 02, 2018
Lies from the pits of hell ...

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari by KanwuliaExtra: 10:38am On May 02, 2018
What a LOW-LIFE! embarassed
Re: Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari by CodeTemplar: 10:39am On May 02, 2018
Sauce-less Indomie.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari by PassingShot(m): 10:40am On May 02, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Lies from the pits of hell ...
OBJ has no electoral value.

PMB doesn't need him. Only politically naive people will believe otherwise.

How can a man who regularly loses his ward and local government be an electoral asset to an Hurricane Buhari?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari by tayebest(m): 10:45am On May 02, 2018
shocked
Re: Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari by SalamRushdie: 10:45am On May 02, 2018
PassingShot:

OBJ has no electoral value.

PMB doesn't need him. Only politically naive people will believe otherwise.

How can a man who regularly loses his ward and local government be an electoral asset to an Hurricane Buhari?

So Buhari so lost elections 3 times in the past is now considered a hurricane? grin for your information it was the support millions of Nigerian like myself gave the Dullard that got him there in 2015 and today I can assure you we have totally withdrawn that support in Heaven and on Earth for the evil man ...Do have my highest assurances in God's Name that this is Buharis last tenure as president .

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Makes U-turn, Declares Support For Buhari by Mynd44: 10:47am On May 02, 2018
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland

2 Likes

(1)

Ben Bruce Disappears From Twitter After Being Asked To Account For N40M / #ekitidecides2018 : Live Updates, Pictures And News From The Ongoing Election / Viral Bbc Video That Confirms People Of Ekiti Being Paid To Vote For Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.