Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,598 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo (550 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Father Endorses Ganduje’s 2nd Term Bid / Oby Ezekwesili: I Don't Support Gay, Homosexuality As A Christian / We Are Behind Ambode’s Second Term Bid – Councilors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:06am On May 03, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has dissociated himself from a claim that he has changed his position against the second term bid of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Obasanjo also said he did not meet with leaders of the organized labour on Tuesday as was alleged.

Obasanjo reiterated in a statement yesterday that he stood by his statement earlier issued in January that Buhari’s regime had disappointed those who voted him as president.

Obasanjo said emphatically in the statement signed by his media aid, Kehinde Akinyemi, that he had not and could not endorse failure.

The statement said, “It has come to the attention of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo that some elements in the Muhammadu Buhari camp and or support group are desperate to secure a second term, fair or foul. In this desperation, everything is fair, including telling libelous lies against persons and institutions, instead of addressing the fundamental issues of statecraft and economic management.

“In the last 24 hours the internet has been bombarded with deliberate falsehoods aimed at hoodwinking the unsuspecting Nigerians to believe that Obasanjo has now supported Buhari for his second term because of some perceived Buhari’s ‘superlative’ performance in his encounter with Trump during his visit to the White House in Washington D. C.”

The statement said the part of the allegation that Obasanjo met with some Nigeria Labour Congress leaders in his house in Abuja on Workers’ Day was a pathetic fallacy as Obasanjo in the first place had no house in Abuja and he did not go to Abuja on the said date.

“Nigerians know that Chief Obasanjo has only spoken the truth about widening poverty, alienation and social disunity and near disintegration of the country through Buhari’s incompetence,” the statement asserted.

On Buhari’s meeting with President Donald Trump of the United States, Obasanjo said the US would continue to reduce purchase of crude oil from Nigeria and there was nothing Nigeria under Buhari could do about it.

He added that the US would export agricultural products to Nigeria and Buhari’s government would encourage it, and that all the killings taking place in Nigeria by herders “are being done by expatriates trained by Gadaffi and no Nigerian is to blame and Buhari cannot do anything to stop it.”

Obasanjo said Trump had ordered Buhari to go back home and stop the killings going on in Nigeria and he hoped that Buhari would do that.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-still-don-t-support-buhari-for-2nd-term-obasanjo.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:11am On May 03, 2018
Who your support help?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by PassingShot(m): 5:17am On May 03, 2018
OBJ that couldn't win his local government on three elections!

Na that one be politician?

Just a rabble rouser!

1 Like

Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by Shalomc(f): 5:19am On May 03, 2018

“From the Buhari/Trump meeting, Chief Obasanjo only saw through three points: One, the US will continue to reduce purchase of crude oil from Nigeria and there is nothing Nigeria under Buhari can do about; two, the US will export agricultural products to Nigeria and Buhari’s government will encourage that; and three – all the killings taking place in Nigeria by herdsmen are being done by expatriates trained by Gadaffi and no Nigerian is to blame and Buhari cannot do anything to stop it.

Nigeria must be restructured.

Cc
Lzaa Imhotep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by madridguy(m): 5:19am On May 03, 2018
With Tinubu, Sai Baba is good to go.
Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by Evablizin(f): 5:20am On May 03, 2018
Buhari is not competent to be the president of Nigeria simple.

Let him go and rule fulanis and their cows because that's his area of specialization.
Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by Fuckyoumod: 5:23am On May 03, 2018
Who associates with a failure? A President that only knows how to do cow business....
Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by Fuckyoumod: 5:29am On May 03, 2018
madridguy:
With Tinubu, Sai Baba is good to go.
guy I dey shame for you!
Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by Evablizin(f): 5:36am On May 03, 2018
PassingShot:
OBJ that couldn't win his local government on three elections!

Na that one be politician?

Just a rabble rouser!
Is that all?

Everyone cannot support sai barbar. To be a zombie is optional.

Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:37am On May 03, 2018
The 3 key observations about buhari's speech at the White House with Trump says it all! We have a failed president and if we don't accept it then we journey to the land of No easy return!! My opinion.
Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by PassingShot(m): 5:38am On May 03, 2018
Evablizin:
Is that all?

Everyone cannot support sai barbar. To be a zombie is optional.
And to be a frustrated wailing zombie is your constitutional right.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by Evablizin(f): 5:44am On May 03, 2018
PassingShot:

And to be a frustrated wailing zombie is your constitutional right.

grin grin grin grin grin
gringringringringrin,no way,the only Zombies we know on Nairaland are Buhari supporters. If you know,you know. Bye.

Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by HtwoOw: 6:49am On May 03, 2018
chop your support
Re: I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo by Mynd44: 6:58am On May 03, 2018

(1)

The Osinbajo Example: Bridging The Gap As A Pastor And Politician / Official: 10 Most Corrupt African Countries / School Feeding In Ondo Toend After Osinbajo's Visit, Parents Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.