Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It (49003 Views)

Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway / The Stairs Used To Climb Out Of Arik Airplane (Photo) / This Man Invented This Canoe To Cross Rivers Flooded Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by SAMBARRY: 4:27pm On May 03, 2018
See how Americans encourage their own.if na naija them for Don dey use abuse discourage them saying useless boys,jobless boys,go find work do.but for america we go still dey ride horse or donkeys
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by orieoda(m): 4:28pm On May 03, 2018
Buhari invented many things too
e.g, wives belong to the other room, Nigerian youths are lazy, etc grin
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Olatara(f): 4:29pm On May 03, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
I believe the Montgolfiers brothers were the first to invent a plane.

1 Like

Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 03, 2018
I watched the documentary on discovery channel about ten years ago
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by killuminati(m): 4:32pm On May 03, 2018
Awesome
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Donwyz(m): 4:37pm On May 03, 2018
In Nigeria u must pass jamb and have first class before you are being made to believe that you can do something like this
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:37pm On May 03, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
They will forever be remembered. but bini people are the real inventors
grin Lol. You won't kill person with laugh
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by okerekeikpo: 4:39pm On May 03, 2018
Trash Trash Trash
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Cmyname(m): 4:40pm On May 03, 2018
Good invention wonderful brothers!

Something that our African people have been flying probably before then. It's just that it is designed and programmed to only fly in the night, plus cause havoc to people.
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Supreme01: 4:41pm On May 03, 2018
I have a dream that one day i'll improve on this mens work.
Thank you,without u my vision to be an airspace Engr may not have possible.
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by 3kay945(m): 4:43pm On May 03, 2018
Their society cultivate and nurtured their ideas. Someone cannot say that about ours.
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by ajabani4allah(m): 4:50pm On May 03, 2018
This is one of the very few news on Nairaland that is making sense-educative and historical. This is the kind of news we want
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by CodeTemplar: 4:50pm On May 03, 2018
If this was done by Nigerian or black with even less resource than what was available to these brothers, we will mock it for not being polished.
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by IMASTEX: 4:53pm On May 03, 2018
chrisxxx:
1903 and we are still trying to build one here in Nigeria.
You mean pencil at bolded

1 Like

Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Ijaya123: 4:56pm On May 03, 2018
KendrickAyomide:

moscobabs:
Benin people have been flying on air before then. cheesy cheesy

jbreezy:
burrh nigerian witches av bin flying bfor den now...

Euouae:
Benin people have been flying transatlantic before then

And what has the rest of the world benefited from the Benin invention?
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Crossguy: 4:59pm On May 03, 2018
Benin people right now
KendrickAyomide:

Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Emycord: 5:08pm On May 03, 2018
AND Around That ,Time, Somewhere In Africa Someone Was Trying To Assemble A zoo. With 250 Animals With Three legs. Now Over Hundred Years Later The Zoo Has Not Stood And Yet The Plane Are Still Flying

1 Like

Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by bionixs: 5:10pm On May 03, 2018
ruffhandu:
Nigeria has been inventing new ways to steal from one another.

Even if you have any good idea, a financier will ask "where is he from?".
Even a good spirited financier comes forward and makes a proposal, the inventor will say "he wants to come and reap off my idea".

Some other people are by the corner wishing the inventor failure. Others who have more balls will go to [I]oganigwe[/I] to collect [I]small thing[/I] that will make him fail.
Last last, one Chinese will peep in and see the invention. The next month, an Igbo man will import it into the country, with improved features than the original inventor conceived.
Let us continue.
yes o,let us break it down. while you are trying to invent something, Yoruba man would be like,olori buru-ku ,it will never work o. the ibo man would quickly take the sample to China and comes back with modified version and would leave you wondering if you are sure you invented it. Hausa man would be busy trying to take charge of the profits
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by GoodMuyis(m): 5:10pm On May 03, 2018
Skepticus:
cool
And to think their Pastor Dad asked them never to attempt such, saying it's impossible.
The brothers showed the power of belief and possibilities.
ALL IS POSSIBLE

Well, never blame their dad, he was not a Physicists.Yourself will never believe in some impossibilities
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Emycord: 5:11pm On May 03, 2018
myettiallah:
and dey did all these with only 3 years of high scholl education...GENIUS
BIAFRA DID MORE THAN THIS
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by chrisxxx(m): 5:13pm On May 03, 2018
IMASTEX:

You mean pencil at bolded
Bros u bad. hahahhahahahaha
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by asawanathegreat(m): 5:38pm On May 03, 2018
Come to Edo state u will see the person that invented air force one (1)
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by dragon2(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2018
They are actually bicycle repair men.We cant really call them aeronautical engineers because such did not exist before their aeroplane.Their airplane was what opened the vista of aeronautical engineering.That doesnt mean for ages people havent dreamt of flying.
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by manikspears: 6:02pm On May 03, 2018
Donald3d:
grin

You people should sha not give use nightmares with this your picture
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by thunderbabs: 6:06pm On May 03, 2018
My Edo ppipu

I hail grin
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by joshrare(m): 6:24pm On May 03, 2018
moscobabs:
Benin people have been flying on air before then. cheesy cheesy
Bini people, is it true
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by sirgalahad26(m): 6:24pm On May 03, 2018
i think the african witches association(AWC) deserves more accolades than these guys! cheesycheesy
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:49pm On May 03, 2018
CSTR1003:
Made in America

#Americanoxygen

that song by rihanna has been an eye opener to me..an inspiration to be the best at what I do..

"we sweat for a nickel and a dime,turn it into an empire"...

I can't forget those lines.. it's the patriotism and positivism that made Americans who they are. we CAN do it spirit. Africa still has a long way to go..
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by shortgun(m): 12:06am On May 04, 2018
So you mean they were already aviation Engineers before they invented the first airplane?
Very interesting
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 04, 2018
Skepticus:
cool

And to think their Pastor Dad asked them never to attempt such, saying it's impossible.

The brothers showed the power of belief and possibilities.

ALL IS POSSIBLE
You lied! Definitely you don't know their story. The aircraft was first the Creativity of their Dad. The children innovate it.
Re: The First Airplane And The Wright Brothers – Wilbur And Orville That Invented It by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 04, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Well, never blame their dad, he was not a Physicists.Yourself will never believe in some impossibilities
Their Dad was the first person that predicted that one day, men would begin to fly like birds. He was the first to dream the dream.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Passenger Bus Falls Into Sinkhole As Calabar/Ikom Highway Divides Into Two. PICS / Adeleke Caught With Illegal Crocodile Meat At Calgary International Airport / Bus Collides With A Lorry In Enugu, All Passengers Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.