Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,920 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" (44531 Views)

Gloria Bamiloye Celebrates Her 55th Birthday (Photos) / Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary In Grand Style / "Mountain Of Fire Allows Wearing Of Trousers In UK & US" - Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by Nascimento(m): 9:38pm On May 04, 2018
Let's look at it this way. In Bible times, men and women wear skirts or gowns. There was no male trousers nor female trousers. But male and female skirts were different in appearance.
No times have changed. Man where trousers. Women too wear trousers. But there is a clear difference between a male trouser and female trouser, just like in Bible time.
It's not wrong or a sin for a woman to wear trousers. But it's important to know what to wear for every occasion.
Just my opinion though.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 04, 2018
she is a crooked pastor's wife.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by Reference(m): 9:59pm On May 04, 2018
brodalokie:

When it comes to the commandments of God, my dear, your logic can not just explain it away... It is stated clear and near that a woman should not put on that which pertains to a man.
It doesn't matter whether it's a popular thing for women nowadays, it is wrong.
I would advice any woman who can't have it to convert into paganism to escape the law of christianity...

And who made the trouser the exclusive apparel of men. Did Jesus or Moses or Adam or Abraham wear trousers. In ancient times from pictures we see of Persians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and later arabs and Jews, none wore what we know as trosers today. They wore robes, tunics, saris and what we know today as skirts both long and short. So your reference to that passage cannot simply be the objects themselves but the intent. What the scriptures mean can be likened to what the military does in Nigeria todat when they forbid civilians from putting on the uniform. In that it is not the uniform in itself but the authority it projects that can be misconstrued. It can be used to make mischief. Once again, the sin is in the intent not in the apparel.

I challenge you once again what sin can you attribute to a woman who wears fatigues as a soldier into battle or coveralls in a factory floor. May wisdom guide you and boost your understanding. Christianity is not religion and Christ did not set us free to once more be held captive by the rules of men. Remember, cultures come and go, so the needs of men but the scriptures remain forever.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by AdeProgrammer(m): 10:08pm On May 04, 2018
happney65:

Abi ohh..Help me ask her..Awon weere..
Mind the kind of word you use please.

1 Like

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by AdeProgrammer(m): 10:13pm On May 04, 2018
Reference:

And who made the trouser the exclusive apparel of men. Did Jesus or Moses or Adam or Abraham wear trousers. In ancient times from pictures we see of Persians, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and later arabs and Jews, none wore what we know as trosers today. They wore robes, tunics, saris and what we know today as skirts both long and short. So your reference to that passage cannot simply be the objects themselves but the intent. What the scriptures mean can be likened to what the military does in Nigeria todat when they forbid civilians from putting on the uniform. In that it is not the uniform in itself but the authority it projects that can be misconstrued. It can be used to make mischief. Once again, the sin is in the intent not in the apparel.

I challenge you once again what sin can you attribute to a woman who wears fatigues as a soldier into battle or coveralls in a factory floor. May wisdom guide you and boost your understanding. Christianity is not religion and Christ did not set us free to once more be held captive by the rules of men. Remember, cultures come and go, so the needs of men but the scriptures remain forever.
I want to believe you didn't read the whole article. Read and digest, she justify herself.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by brodalokie: 10:17pm On May 04, 2018
Reference:

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by dealslip(f): 10:18pm On May 04, 2018
Myself2:

Calm down my darling, the woman DID NOT EVEN SAY IT'S BAD, read her comment again, it's the OP or the MOD that is high on Oshogbo cheap weed that twisted the story
No mind me jare. The trash coming out these days in the name of God and religion is so disappointing.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by adorable29(f): 10:20pm On May 04, 2018
I see! Its okay for the Westerners to wear trousers but if we in Nigeria do, we will go to hell. Well-done ma! Guess even heaven favours our white masters.

But before now, your people in the developed climes whom you say can have a pass didn't wear trousers. Change is the only constant thing. They used to wear very big dresses. While we used to wear only a tiny piece of wrapper on our breast (or even leave it open sef) and a very very very short wrapper.

Are you madam saying we should STICK to this phase we presently are? We should freeze in this era, abi?

Trousers most times COVERS more than skirts and gowns. Allow trousers be. All ye holier than thou. So typical of Africans. My Christianity is better than your own mentality. I better pass my neighbor generator mindset.

Thank God man no be God.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by dealslip(f): 10:27pm On May 04, 2018
Joefirst:

what is this if not a message of love.. when the father chastens the child, he sees it as hatred.. but the father loves the child,and wants the child to change.

the word of warning has come, it is either you see the truth, or see it as hatred. by the way the message is not for everyone, it's for saved people.

answer this within your heart, "ARE YOU BORN AGAIN? "
Putting on apparels has nothing to do with salvation. Our first parents according to the Bible were naked. The problem these days is total lack of understanding of the scripture. The book of James say if you err in one of the laws, you have erred in all. If I have to continue to obey the laws of Moses in respect of the kind of apparels I put on, then I must continue to stone adulterers, bring sacrifice of goats and rams, I must start paying all the ceremonial sacrifices and offerings demanded under the law of Moses. Are this sacrifices acceptable now? No! So why pick up one aspect and start controlling people with it.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 04, 2018
I understand her very well, she's right from her own perspective.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by dealslip(f): 10:35pm On May 04, 2018
NairaMaster1:

I think you spoke well but religion is still good.

Howbeit, most Christian leaders don't really understand the Bible.

A woman trouser is different from a mans trouser. So, it's wrong for them to even talk about that.

While are they not talking about shirt? Women should be going on wrapper only since men wear shirts too.

A woman trousers are unique, different from what obtains by men.

My sister, I follow the Bible and not the Pastor's view because we all have the anointing.

Tie your hair, do this do that
Truth is most of these people don't even understand the Bible. In Colossians 2:16, the Bible says So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths these are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
The laws of Moses stopped applying to believers of Christ immediately after the final sacrifice which is Christ. People won't put on earrings or trousers but they are wicked ehn!!
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by asawanathegreat(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2018
Samuelokie69:
@asawanathegreat

People and 21st century, you will soon that hearing that JESUS ISN'T COMING SOON again. I don't Just get it. lipsrsealed

@ Gloria Bamiloye. Great write up. READ n stop all this condemnation.
Bros I didn't condemn anybody try and read and understand b4 u quote

1 Like

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by mekszee(m): 10:50pm On May 04, 2018
Please lets take time to read all she has said before droping comments,the topic may be old/stale but she has made very salient points[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

1 Like

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by brodalokie: 10:50pm On May 04, 2018
I have said it here before and I will say it again. The church of Jesus Christ has no business with the state. It is not by force to be a Christian, and God is not going to bend because of you.
Both the law and the testimony advised that unisex is forbidden... If you don't like it then you're free to renounce and join something else otherwise you might become an entry point of iniquity in the house of God, thereby making the gospel of the kingdom worthless. You don't want to attract the wrath of the Holy Ghost, do you?

I know that some preachers are mindful of their members and so doing water down the original word. Shame on you

1 Like

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by bahaushe1: 11:16pm On May 04, 2018
She is right. That what Moses (AS) taught his people. That was the teaching of Jesus (AS) and that what people of Muhammad (SAW) are practising.

Religion of Allaah has always been one and will remain so till the end of time. The general principles of His laws are also the same for all nations.

There is no compulsion in religion; but once you accepts it you MUST submit yourself TOTALLY to the WILL of God.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by Ashley86400: 12:27am On May 05, 2018
Fucckk Africa. .
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by riddo2(m): 12:32am On May 05, 2018
yeyerolling:
the greatest book of confusion has to be the bible. any one can quote anywhere to validate his/her position. mtcheeew
you are on the verge of insanity.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by Maximus85(m): 12:34am On May 05, 2018
mrkunlex:
The wife of Mount Zion President and co-founder of Mount Zion Faith Ministries, Gloria Bamiloye, has given her opinion on one of the most controversial topics in Christendom ā€“ The issue on whether Christain women should wear trousers or not.
According to the Evangelist Gloria Bamiloye, wearing of trousers cannot actually be considered wrong, but as a believer, it might not be portraying the woman in the right way to unbelievers.
Gloria Bamiloye writes:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=844791235729262&id=100005951793546&refid=17

http://kunlexwap.ga/gloria-bamiloye-reveals-why-christian-women-should-not-wear-trousers.html

Jesus wore gown. Back then there was nothing like trousers. In Scotland, the men wears skirts. In Nigeria, some men tie wrapper. God made the same gown for Adam and Eve.

Are you saying it's morally OK when our women want to climb bikes and others see their underwear? Or when they want to cross high culverts?

If you want to talk about the kinds of trousers, then I can agree that women wearing skin tight trousers that reveals their shape are to make adjustments.

Madam Pastor, do you know that even stupid men are abusing trousers? They wear extreme tight trousers which is not only annoying to see but It also kills their sperm cells. You can imagine a full grown man putting his tight trousers below his waist, the caller it sagging. Sagging at what age.... You see them wearing torn trousers, both male and female.

Bottomline, everything should be done in moderation. Whatever we do must bring honor to God.

My wife will wear it, in fact I will buy her load of bumshorts for her to scatter my brain for me inside my house.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by samfrancis1(m): 12:39am On May 05, 2018
people and there talks sha! where in the Bible was it cleared that trousers were meant for guys. or was there any passage of the Bible where they talks about the modern day cloths? the only wears I see and read
in the Bible was robe and may be garment. so why does Africa like giving themselves problem
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by Nobody: 12:43am On May 05, 2018
The woman didn't even say it's sinful, most people didn't read her post properly. Women wearing trousers is not bad on its own but a child of God should yield to the holy spirit in all things and put the love of self at the back. This may imply not wearing the trousers sometimes when the faith of another person may be threatened because of seduction, or even wearing loose fitted ones instead.

3 Likes

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by TOSIN116: 12:45am On May 05, 2018
Jabioro:
Very invalid post,let her go to Russia or any cold Europe countries to preach that nonsense.
ARE YOU SURE YOU READ HER POST BEFORE RUSHING TO COMMENT?
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by cashful(m): 1:04am On May 05, 2018
Many don't read a post before commenting..
Also the headline doesn't portray her points.
Good write up

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by Mimmie2301(f): 1:40am On May 05, 2018
miracle956:
if dangote wife wear trouser to ur church u will chase her away
understand hw she replied to d question asked nd ha perspectives,she didnt xay wearing trousers is bad, it nw depends on d type u wear nd hw u wear it
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by adegeye38(m): 1:44am On May 05, 2018
the bible verse she quoted was one of the numerous thousands of laws God gave the israelites, thats has been voided under the new covenant, there was a law on how to eat, how to do build your house and a lots more, they were so, so many
so its not an answer

dressing is cultural, and culture changes and evolve with time, and right, trousers for women has become normal

but trousers shouldnt be the issue

the issue is dress decently simple

this has absolutely nothing to do with salvation as Gloria bamiloye pointed, but on decency, but she is wrong.

she should have emphasized on decent dressing instead
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by Riversides2003(m): 2:44am On May 05, 2018
Alejoc:
angry

Even in Canada cold?

When you are working in -45c, you will understand the importance of wearing trousers.
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by EmekaBlue(m): 3:27am On May 05, 2018
Women too like trousers so this topic go dey pain dem
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by zinizta: 3:56am On May 05, 2018
greatface:
grin

I think this is too big an epistle to read.

Different Occasion calls for different Dress Code.

grin

at least you are honest in your admission on not reading .. others pass comments without even reading
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by colby92(m): 5:42am On May 05, 2018
Story

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by omoelerin1: 6:26am On May 05, 2018
ofalu047:
And l com like this woman oooo. Why did she have to delve into such a controversial topic without the obvious reasoning that we live in the 21st century, where there is what we call Globalization. Imagine a child born in the US to a Nigerian parents, who now came home for xmas, would you tell her to go burn all her clothes just so she cud remain "Righteous" in the eyes of Nigerians, then the moment she leaves, she can go and stock them trousers again. What manner of hypocrisy is that. This is what religion has turned into. They want to control every aspect of your lives by instilling unfounded fear into you. This is 21st century conditioning and manipulation
carnally minded Christians cannot understand and like what she is saying.
Only a Spirit filled and heavenly minded believer will understand.

1 Like

Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by EmmyDJourno: 7:11am On May 05, 2018
hollah123:
christianity has gone beyond wears? so it's normal to wear a decent trouser to church? all these new generation churches are just causing problems everyday because they no longer care if people come naked to church as long as the pay there tithe. bro, read what she said up there again. is it backed up with appropriate Bible verses? is it d truth? forget civilisation n honor God. don't b carried away by civilisation

Make she go look bush, there are bigger problems in today's Christianity and wearing trousers is not one of them

In as much as the clothe is decent, go ahead and wear it, God looks at the heart, don't come and start forming over righteous for us, if you now check her personal life closely you would see she is just like everyone else out there
Re: Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" by waldigit: 7:25am On May 05, 2018
mrkunlex:
The wife of Mount Zion President and co-founder of Mount Zion Faith Ministries, Gloria Bamiloye, has given her opinion on one of the most controversial topics in Christendom ā€“ The issue on whether Christain women should wear trousers or not.
According to the Evangelist Gloria Bamiloye, wearing of trousers cannot actually be considered wrong, but as a believer, it might not be portraying the woman in the right way to unbelievers.
Gloria Bamiloye writes:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=844791235729262&id=100005951793546&refid=17

http://kunlexwap.ga/gloria-bamiloye-reveals-why-christian-women-should-not-wear-trousers.html

The whole hue and cry about trouser for women has to do with cultural perception, orientation and exposure of holder of view. Many Africans don't bother to do detailed research on whatever view they hold. Many may be shock to know that trousers is originally female dress. Google is your friend but I doubt if it true for us in Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Pastor Abel Damina? / Freeze Reacts To Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Private Jet Grounded At The Airport / Nobody Can Kill Me, Because Iā€™m Already Dead ā€“ Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.