Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS (22465 Views)

Cleric Presents Documents To EFCC To Charge Oshiomhole For Looting N42 Billion / Senators Call For President Buhari’s Impeachment Over $496m Tucano Aircraft / Ortom Presents Documents To Indict Presidency, Defence Minister, IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by SBG04: 10:23am On May 05, 2018
See the open display of foolishness on the front page. Nigerian youths are really lazy people! The President listed reasons why the money was paid. Cited sections of the constitution granting the President express rights to make withdrawals from the consolidated revenue fund, he even cited previous scenarios where Ex presidents withdrew from the same fund without recourse to the NA and in tandem with the constitution.
But these stupid and lazy Nigerian youths together with their agbero mentors in the NA are not interested. It's just tragic that Nigerians don't know who their real enemies are in this country. If you think Saraki and Melaye are your friends and they give a hoot about you, you're the dumbest person in te world.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Firefire(m): 10:28am On May 05, 2018
[s]
ogunnoikitaiwo:
..if i may ask u wat animal kingdom u belong to?.kingdom of no commercial value...u no s truth obj use d money he collect for paris club,GEJ for dansuki to share..US av confirmed d money..how could u be so stupid nd idiot..
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by ogunnoikitaiwo(m): 10:29am On May 05, 2018
ipob lazy youth..if i may ask u wat animal kingdom u belong to?.kingdom of no commercial value...u no s truth obj use d money he collect for paris club,GEJ for dansuki to share..US av confirmed d money...trully i dont care who is nigeria president igbo,hausa or yoruba..let say true..u igbo or ipob u re d problem of ds country how could u be so stupid nd idiot..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Nobody: 10:32am On May 05, 2018
Sometimes I sit and wonder how some Nigerians really think that Buhari is the worst thing that happened to Nigeria. Let me tell you, these senators collect millions a month for doing nothing. I'll point our some of the ignorant rants.
1. Northerners are dying and idp camps are receiving less aid that'll before. Yet they failed to call all the AIGs and DIGs to the floor.
2. Over 150,000 of the 350,000 policemen work for vips, yet the IG was not summoned.
.3. Dino was arrested for conspiracy to commit murder amongst other offences, the IG is immediately summoned.
4. The 2018 budget has been with the assembly since last year. Yet, they are worried about stupid issues like reordering of elections.
I'm sure you can think of more.

Left to me, I think the national assembly is a waste of resources. We either remove the senate or the reps. It's too expensive to run.

I know some people cannot understand what is happening to Nigeria under this administration, but I can assure you that, Nigeria's money is not been misappropriated and everthing Buhari is doing is for the good of the country and its people.

People seem to forget that, Jonathan took out 21 bill N dollars to fight biko haram only to use it to pay people to be elected. 2.1 billon dollars my people. Imagine he took 1.5 billion to buy the jets and stole the remaining 600 billion. By now we would already have 36 fighter jets, and with the one buhari is ordering it comes to 48 jets. Tell me, how will book haram hide in sambisa again. We go bomb them to hell fire.

Anyway, I know a lot of you are not satisfied but try to look at things and reason critically whether buhari is really the cause of this nations woes.
Under the last administration, someone had 34 million dollars in his apartment. And another had 11million dollars in kaduna. the presidents wife had 5million dollars, which she claimed to be medical expenses.

Please, let us give buhari another 4 years and send this pdp thieves into oblivion and irrelevance and also make sure their children never get a political appointment again.

After buhari, we would hand over to the youths.

5 Likes

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by asawanathegreat(m): 10:35am On May 05, 2018
Is beta late than never
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Ballmer: 10:50am On May 05, 2018
Godjone:
IT IS GLARINGLY CLEAR MR PRESIDENT HAS BREACHED THE CONSTITUTION AND THOSE IN CHARGE SHOULD WASTE NO FURTHER TIME IN BEGINNING HIS IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS

Will that be happening in Nigeria or Biafra ?
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Greatwonders(m): 10:51am On May 05, 2018
These people must just blame others for their errors
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Nobody: 10:52am On May 05, 2018
Godjone:
IT IS GLARINGLY CLEAR MR PRESIDENT HAS BREACHED THE CONSTITUTION AND THOSE IN CHARGE SHOULD WASTE NO FURTHER TIME IN BEGINNING HIS IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS
Did u even read the post at all b4 making ur comment.
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Nobody: 10:55am On May 05, 2018
Greatwonders:
These people must just blame others for their errors
U read but u didn't understand, they made no errors, the govt can withdraw money from ECA without informing the Senate, it's a normal thing that has been done by past govt. They are only making the issue clear for all to understand, there was no error here.

1 Like

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by aribisala0(m): 11:02am On May 05, 2018
authority2006:

Just the same way you jailed Obj, Yaradua and Jonathan for the same offence, right? Why do we like to play into the gallery in this country? Oh, it is Buhari/APC and everyone just realised that the constitution has been breached! Hence, the need to make scapegoat out of him.

Since we will not be jailing anyone if another peson has committed the same offence and not been jailed why play to the gallery with Dasuki and Patience Jonathan when the grasscutter remains untouched??

Is that Daura logic??

Why bother prosecuting Saraki? Is he the only ex governor in Nigeria?

That is a specious argument.

The truth is this many of us are non partisan we do not care about Buhari Jonathan or any other personality. Pleae do not try the deceit that Buuhari is different .

He is EXACTLY THE SAME as the others. He cannot even manage the health budget of Aso Rock.

All the hypocrites talking about the cost of senators are correct but they did not ask the cost of Buhari the cost of Osinbajo , the cost of Aisha , even the cost of Yusuf or how Yusuf got money to pay for his bike.

What about the Ministers. What is the monthly running cost of a Minister like Fas hola , I have no doubt this will run into tens if not hundreds of millions just like we saw for Adebayo Shittu

Till date the graasscutter is free,the $43 millionscandal is buried and no one

Please do NOT tell me BUHARI is different. He is EXACTLY THE SAME as Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan in terms of corruption. He is also a hypocrite and a bigot
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by positivethought: 11:02am On May 05, 2018
Buhari is just forming holiness to defraud Nigeria n Nigerians,what stop him from presenting the sesame documents to the National Assembly immediately they were received while soliciting for their cooperation n prompt action,buhari in his delusions feel he alone is righteous,he alone has the interest of the nation at heart but in reality like a chameleon he is only cunningly fighting for the interest of the Islamic core north n nothing else,i pity those who are not seen through him n blindly urging him on despite all his glaring flaws as if the institutions of the country not longer matters,they are only supporting the dangerous setting of very bad precedence.
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by ogunsj: 11:12am On May 05, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
And of course just like dat it is swept under the rug
no it's on top of the carpet, go and sleep on it.
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Nobody: 11:59am On May 05, 2018
Meeeeen...this tucano craft is very costly
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Ovamboland(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2018
Firefire:

I wonder where his promised CHANGE is...

The dullard keep referring to the past stupidity of the condemned 16 years of PDP to justify his angelic government.

What a set of morons.

So it was cool when PDP did it and want to come back to continue it. But a high crime when APC did it even with the explanation and emergency nature of the deal. The confirmation of the sale by the USA government of the deal showing no middle men or diversion of funds cannot placate the enemies of Nigeria.

APC should now know which of it's members are moles of the opposition for even entertaining this rascality. They should now know who and who should no longer be entrusted with the party tickets in the next elections.

If they were truly patriotic and it's not mere politics, the legislature could have launched an investigation into the payments and make it's findings public. If it shows the transaction is far from national interest, then you can talk of reprimand or impeachment.

1 Like

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Ovamboland(m): 12:21pm On May 05, 2018
BedLam:
The question is that why are these expensive?

Check the specifications my boy. It makes a lot of difference. Afghan price is even higher than some other specs, the six would have cost $60 million for a lower base type without add-on but they are paying $174 million for 6 pieces. That same specs will cost $348 million for 12.
So do you know the specifications for the the Nigerian order, is it more or less than the Afghan spec?

2 Likes

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:28pm On May 05, 2018
I prefer PMB to GEJ or OBJ or both of them combined.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Ovamboland(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2018
aribisala0:

I will tell you why we don't just move on.

We need to settle the constitutional position so that there is no ambiguity in the future. If he can appropriate $500 million why not $10 billion ??

The president has acted unconstitutionally and that must be acknowledged . He spent money unlawfully and unless we are saying this should continue that must be established.

Even if he is not impeached then when he leaves office he can be jailed .He too can get a taste of what he is doing to Dasuki and Patience Jonathan

I would be happy if the National Assembly move on by Not touching the matter at all.

When he leaves office he will still face the music. Immunity lasts while you are in office and when you leave you can still be held accountable
The fact is there is no excuse fo not consultiing the National Assembly other than that he decided he was going to act regardless.
If there was a deadline so what? Why not consult them? No more phone? No more dinner? All those dinners he was organizing for them was for what?

Are the senators less aware than the public? Were we not all here when the $1billion was approved by the council of states or so for security purposes from the ECA? What steps did the legislature take to engage the council or the executive since the news became public since last year?

The need to purchase super tucano fighter planes had been public discussion since last year all over social and regular media, did the entire legislature miss the discussion?

It's obvious they were only waiting for the payments to be made in order to raise and galvanise their opposition to the style of this government which is strange to them. Their regular ways of milking the system has been blocked and they are very uneasy.

They want to ride on the pain of the unfortunate recession and use blackmail to return Nigeria back to days of earning without working for the select few.

Their eyes are fixed on burgeoning foreign reserve and higher crude oil price of the recent few weeks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by BetaThings: 12:40pm On May 05, 2018
Godjone:

Your real grouse

Godjone:
i learnt that he was standing while exchanging pleasantries with mr president. I rily lov this president (Jonathan)! What a caring father! He was with yakowas family last 2wks during the burial. He visited suntai while he was stil in Abuja national hospital. Yesterday again he paid a fatherly visit to one of his son (WADA). May God blex u sir.

3 Likes

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by BetaThings: 12:42pm On May 05, 2018
Ovamboland:
It's obvious they were only waiting for the payments to be made in order to raise and galvanise their opposition to the style of this government which is strange to them. Their regular ways of milking the system has been blocked and they are very uneasy.

They want to ride on the pain of the unfortunate recession and use blackmail to return Nigeria back to days of earning without working for the select few.

Their eyes are fixed on burgeoning foreign reserve and higher crude oil price of the recent few weeks

Hahaha
And they have not passed the 2018 budget because people have not come to see them

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Ovamboland(m): 12:47pm On May 05, 2018
CSTR1003:

There has to be a balance of trade.

And besides, you can't compare US fitted systems to its Brazilian alternative.

The difference in sophistication is high.

My problem is not with buying from America. I have issues with the jets bought.
We can get much better jets even from America.

I just hope those shiny American helicopter gunships are part of the negotiation.

One major advantage of the Tucano is the extremely cheap running cost. It cost about $500 per hour to keep it operational. While it cost thousands of dollars for regular jets per hour. Remember when the Chief of air staff said they spent 400million plus for fueling the Jets.
And do you know intial cost is just 15% of the total lifecycle cost of most fixed machine while 85% is running and maintenance cost. For flying machines the intial cost might be less than 10%.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Ovamboland(m): 1:00pm On May 05, 2018
BetaThings:

Hahaha
And they have not passed the 2018 budget because people have not come to see them

They don't have money to run the next elections as they didn't make enough to repay the debt incurred to win the last one of 2015.
Now you know why they are very cross with the president.
No palm greasing no passing of budget. Haba buget submitted since November last year, six whole months

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by abd4jhd: 1:02pm On May 05, 2018
ofeco:
PMB always criticised obj, Musa and GEJ administrations for being undemocratic and corrupt but he keeps using their policies and actions as precedent. that means is not different from them.
Has any president seek NA approval since ECA was opened by Obj?

5 Likes

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by 2016v2017: 1:11pm On May 05, 2018
ofeco:
PMB always criticised obj, Musa and GEJ administrations for being undemocratic and corrupt but he keeps using their policies and actions as precedent. that means is not different from them.
he is a slowpoke,certificateless tyrant terrorist
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by 2016v2017: 1:13pm On May 05, 2018
Firefire:

I wonder where his promised CHANGE is...

The dullard keep referring to the past stupidity of the condemned 16 years of PDP to justify his angelic government.

What a set of morons.
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by aribisala0(m): 1:14pm On May 05, 2018
Ovamboland:

Are the senators less aware than the public? Were we not all here when the $1billion was approved by the council of states or so for security purposes from the ECA? What steps did the legislature take to engage the council or the executive since the news became public since last year?

The need to purchase super tucano fighter planes had been public discussion since last year all over social and regular media, did the entire legislature miss the discussion?

You make plenty of sense...........

to yourself
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by aribisala0(m): 1:26pm On May 05, 2018
abd4jhd:

Has any president seek NA approval since ECA was opened by Obj?
Has Buhari himself sought NA before spending from ECA ? Yes or no?
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by mfm04622: 1:42pm On May 05, 2018
princeade86:
they Shud tell me that bubu don't gain dime in dis deal.

Government to government. No intermediary. No 3rd party. Where money to share wan come from?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by cyberguy72(m): 1:45pm On May 05, 2018
360degreess:
Buhari is a strait forward person,unlike that corrupt drunkard(GEJ)..
carry go baba

PMB till 2023..
he would soon be impeached
Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by nametalkam: 1:46pm On May 05, 2018
GavelSlam:

For 12 would be 349 million.

Different deal could include add-ons.

Exactly...weaponry, extra fuel tank, special paint based on Naija weather, etc. including special transportation cost if we dont already have the capability to go get them.

2 Likes

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by nametalkam: 1:48pm On May 05, 2018
mfm04622:

Government to government. No intermediary. No 3rd party. Where money to share wan come from?

Especially with US Govt involved. Accountability has to be there so this is not a good deal to chop big money from

3 Likes

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by brightleave(m): 2:24pm On May 05, 2018
cutefergiee:
Make Dem settle dia Mata jawe.. U no go even Knw who Dey tall true.. Everything Na padi padi
rip english

1 Like

Re: Row Over $496m Jets: Buhari Presents Documents, US Letter To NASS by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 05, 2018
ofeco:

Pls GEJ is quite different from Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Claiming Port-harcourt Terminal Project, PDP Tells Buhari / Aba: Generating Billions, Groaning Under Infrastructural Decay / Sanwo-Olu Flags Off Construction Of Regional Road In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.