Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,797 members, 7,810,075 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Is There Reward For Honesty And Scrupulousness? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Reward For Honesty And Scrupulousness? (236 Views)

Nigeria Air Force To Reward Bashir Umar For Returning Lost 37,000 Euros To Owner / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times / Senator Akpabio: Stop Expecting Appointments, Contracts As Reward For Voting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There Reward For Honesty And Scrupulousness? by Midgut(m): 8:23pm On May 05, 2018
When I look around me, I mean this environment called Nigeria, I realize that being scrupulous is the most dangerous trait one can have. Preposterous!

A country where criminals are celebrated because they have fat account balance from ill-gotten means. They are even made the chiefs, oluomos despite the fact that there venal ways in acquisition of their wealth is conspicuous to the blind.

When you refuse to join your friends, colleagues and neighbors in doing immoral and illegal things, you will be called names and ridiculed for doing the right thing. You will be despised because you refuse to take advantage of people like you.

Drug dealers, corrupt politicians, internet fraudsters, thieves, and their likes are the elites, the influential and the powerful. They are the role model to young ones coming up. An average teenager passing out from secondary school will probably wish to be like the aforementioned celebrated folks.

Nigerians should stop worshipping money! let's start celebrating people that deserve being celebrated. Each and everyone of us should start thinking of how to be a good role model. We should let go of our selfish behavior.

We Nigerians should start thinking and have it our minds that the greatest achievement one have is what you sacrifice for the betterment of people around you, not the big cars, big duplex, clothes that we procure from the proceed of illegal means which directly and indirectly cause pain, suffering and even death of our fellow homo sapiens.

I don't know how some people sleep at night knowing that they have defrauded their fellow human.

Benevolentness is the virtue every sane human being should have. It's either you are a moralist or animal!
Re: Is There Reward For Honesty And Scrupulousness? by Cutehector(m): 8:26pm On May 05, 2018
Please, taking from a thief is called what?

(1) (Reply)

Army Commended Over Commitments To End Killings / Assistance Needed / The Accessibility Myth: An Expose On Andy Uba's Exploits In Anambra South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.