Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? (1588 Views)

What I Got As Cutlery In A Lagos Eatery / The Best Way To Eat Swallow And Still Lose Weight / Slay Mama Struggling To Eat Burger With Cutlery In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by daewoorazer(m): 3:42am On May 06, 2018
It never ceases to amaze me why a Nigerian bred individual will resort to cutting hot Amala or akpu with fork and knife. It is funny to me and makes me feel people who indulge such act are trying too hard to appear ‘civilized’. Maybe I am wrong but I’m sure you don’t wanna try it while sitting with elders grin...

So, do you use your hand or cutlery and why?
Let’s be logical please...

Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by MichaelBukamzy(m): 5:39am On May 06, 2018
Which kind cutlery. Who cutlery help.
Na hand sure pass.
Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by Asquare84(m): 6:24am On May 06, 2018
I use cutlary because I enjoyed the food most
Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by mysyto(m): 6:39am On May 06, 2018
I use cutlery too...
Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by Cutehector(m): 6:54am On May 06, 2018
First of all, there are some things caterers do that I don't like and it pisses me off.

Why would you serve swallow in a meeting or public function and you just assume everyone would eat swallow with cutlery? That's just bullsheeet.
Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by SpyAC(m): 7:01am On May 06, 2018
Yes I eat with a fork because of The nature of my work nah,
Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by hisgrace090: 7:06am On May 06, 2018
I use hand and will keep on using my hand to swallow.

Even in eateries after eating my rice I must use my hand to enjoy my chicken meat by washing my hand at the washhand bassine.
Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by jerflakes(m): 7:06am On May 06, 2018
I eat with both, it Depends on my mood to wash or not to wash my hands

3 Likes

Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by Ezionye(f): 11:01pm On May 06, 2018
Swallow was designed to be eaten with hand. In fact, eating with hand adds more taste to the food. Don't ask me how

However, location or event may necessitate eating with cutlery.

For me, I don't take swallow outside if it will be inconvenient for me to use hand

1 Like

Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by meobizy(f): 12:31am On May 09, 2018
I will quote one of my old friends:

I do. I will in some minutes time.
Eating swallow with my hands leaves food residue under my nails which coat and harden overtime. I don't know why, but it happens consistently. Eating with a fork and knife also conserves water since I don't need to wash hands wink. I also noticed from a short visit to the whiteman's land that Nigerians learn with time to eat their swallow with cutlery because it’s an unspoken rule there.

I wonder why similar threads get posted repeatedly on this forum. A google search has shown me five variations of this same question with differing dates.
Re: Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why? by Josh64(m): 11:01am On May 10, 2018
This is Nigeria and as long as swallow is on the menu, using cutleries is so fake and pisses me off. I tried it once and the food had no taste.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Get Taller / 12 Cartons Of Lambrusco Peculiar Italian Wine For Sale N6k Per Carton / Who Else Doesn't Like The Chicken Head?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.