Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri (51371 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Enugu For The 49 Convocation Of UNN / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli / Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 8:26pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Ok now u have admitted another lie...we getting somwhere...

So if oba want used by ur kings in 19c why d knew adoption along with thier title like ooni of ife oba ogunwansi akanbi is that not tautology like saying king of ife oba(king) ogunwansi akanbi blablabla... It doesnt rhythm... This simply wanting pple to know the name belongs to u falsefully out of desperation you started putting it as an introductory background for all your king
It simply oba(king) of benin not the former..when all royalty are at a meeting u simply say all ogies are in a meeting not all obas ogie means royalty

Nothing u say can ever convince me ...obalufon is a lie he never existed same with obatanla if they did then obaghodo existed too...

Oba is a benin world a king from benim took it upon itself without contact from his father then you yorubas who were primitive savaged unorginised people come to tell benins who had a well documented history his story's

Am always here when yorubas have issue and they start spilling the truth ijebu has alredy stated that dey came from sudan thats beging of division

If Oba is Edo originally.... why are there no Obas anywhere else in Edoland?

Beside, you dont have Oba....what we placed in your land to rule over you is Omo Oba.

Notice how i persistently separate Edo from Bini in my replies. Im here to demystify your hoax. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 8:50pm On May 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

If Oba is Edo originally.... why are there no Obas anywhere else in Edoland?

Beside, you dont have Oba....what we placed in your land to rule over you is Omo Oba.

Notice how i persistently separate Edo from Bini in my replies. Im here to demystify your hoax. grin

Why would they be oba somwhere else in edo land the world oba is uniquely for him alone they cant be two oba in a place the person who tried in the past was beheaded

Here omo n oba(the king son)
Now to show yorubas dont have oba the alafin don is called aremo not omo alafin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 8:57pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Why would they be oba somwhere else in edo land the world oba is uniquely for him alone they cant be two oba in a place the person who tried in the past was beheaded

Here omo n oba(the king son)
Now to show yorubas dont have oba the alafin don is called aremo not omo alafin

The heir to the throne is Aremo. When we create new dynasty in new land we place an Oba or Omo Oba.

Oba - King
Omo Oba - Prince or Duke

Omo does not exist in Edo lexicon
Your first encounter with Oba is the 2nd dynasty brough to rule you from Yorubaland.

Tell me anywhere else in your antiquity, prior to 2nd dynasty, where Edo people used Oba for a throne. It cannot be found in your history.

Bini is different from Edo. Bini is the Yoruba dynasty and its society. Edo is the Ogieso dynasty and its society.

Bini is foreign, Edo is indigenous. Omo Oba is not indigeneous to Edo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

The heir to the throne is Aremo. When we create new dynasty in new land we place an Oba or Omo Oba.

Oba - King
Omo Oba - Prince or Duke

Omo does not exist in Edo lexicon
Your first encounter with Oba is the 2nd dynasty brough to rule you from Yorubaland.

Tell me anywhere else in your antiquity, prior to 2nd dynasty, where Edo people used Oba for a throne. It cannot be found in your history.

Bini is different from Edo. Bini is the Yoruba dynasty and its society. Edo is the Ogieso dynasty and its society.

Bini is foreign, Edo is indigenous. Omo Oba is not indigeneous to Edo.

If it was rightfully yorubas i bet yoruba would use omo n oba to refer to thier prince instead of thier various names like aremo...

Tell me where yoruba used oba before 19c and i will show benins used in 14c
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Ok now u have admitted another lie...we getting somwhere...

So if oba want used by ur kings in 19c why d knew adoption along with thier title like ooni of ife oba ogunwansi akanbi is that not tautology like saying king of ife oba(king) ogunwansi akanbi blablabla... It doesnt rhythm... This simply wanting pple to know the name belongs to u falsefully out of desperation you started putting it as an introductory background for all your king
It simply oba(king) of benin not the former..when all royalty are at a meeting u simply say all ogies are in a meeting not all obas ogie means royalty

Nothing u say can ever convince me ...obalufon is a lie he never existed same with obatanla if they did then obaghodo existed too...

Oba is a benin world a king from benim took it upon itself without contact from his father then you yorubas who were primitive savaged unorginised people come to tell benins who had a well documented history his story's

Am always here when yorubas have issue and they start spilling the truth ijebu has alredy stated that dey came from sudan thats beging of division
my guy it’s seems like u are really daft and am just about getting tired of ur bullshit. U said and I quote “no Yoruba use oba as a title before 19c” to which I reply no Yoruba still use oba as a title and I told u to mention just one Yoruba king who change his title to oba in the 19c and abandon the title he was using before and u are saying am admitting to a lie what lie. How many time will I tell u that a title of the king is different from the particular word oba which just means king seperate from any title. Now me lecture u there is nothing called Ooni of Ife it’s a modern word as u can see the of is English. It’s ooni ife or Ewi ado. Titles like Ewi and soun for example but there is a history on why they chose that title. All this thousands of title doesn’t mean king unless u are daft to believe Yoruba have thousands of word for king. For example if am to call the ijebu king now I will say awujale ijebu oba sikiru not awujale ijebu awujale sikiru or called the Ewi ado Ewi adelana it will oba adelana. Ur skull is thick but i will drill this into ur head title word for king both seperate. What issue nairaland issue if there is disunity among Yoruba they will always fight dirty and if u want to use that as a refer point I will also point ogiamen family saying ur king is a tenant that’s Benin issue

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 9:56pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

If it was rightfully yorubas i bet yoruba would use omo n oba to refer to thier prince instead of thier various names like aremo...

this guy why are u like this u know u are not doing urself any favor. Google the meaning of aremo and u will see it basically means heir to their throne it’s aremo oba. Omo Oba is prince in Yoruba. The guy has told u but prefer to be stupid and not read

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 10:17pm On May 14, 2018
Well am done on this thread coz arguing the etymology of the word oba when Benin and Yoruba will always disagree is futile and a waste of my time. Well adios
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 11:20pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

I dont need to yell you. The history of Ife and Yoruba generally is an open book.

Obatala, Obasanjo, Obafemi, Obakoso....

These are antiquities in Yoruba civilization. The use of prefix, suffix for names.

We even use Oba in worship to divinities.

Your use of Oba is constrained to the Bini monarchy and its Chiefs...like Obanikoro.

No Edo king or Chief is ever ever named Oba, whether as a prefix or suffix

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 11:55pm On May 14, 2018
Moneywomen17:
my guy it’s seems like u are really daft and am just about getting tired of ur bullshit. U said and I quote “no Yoruba use oba as a title before 19c” to which I reply no Yoruba still use oba as a title and I told u to mention just one Yoruba king who change his title to oba in the 19c and abandon the title he was using before and u are saying am admitting to a lie what lie. How many time will I tell u that a title of the king is different from the particular word oba which just means king seperate from any title. Now me lecture u there is nothing called Ooni of Ife it’s a modern word as u can see the of is English. It’s ooni ife or Ewi ado. Titles like Ewi and soun for example but there is a history on why they chose that title. All this thousands of title doesn’t mean king unless u are daft to believe Yoruba have thousands of word for king. For example if am to call the ijebu king now I will say awujale ijebu oba sikiru not awujale ijebu awujale sikiru or called the Ewi ado Ewi adelana it will oba adelana. Ur skull is thick but i will drill this into ur head title word for king both seperate. What issue nairaland issue if there is disunity among Yoruba they will always fight dirty and if u want to use that as a refer point I will also point ogiamen family saying ur king is a tenant that’s Benin issue

Lol..am tiyad of quoting three people
And exposing thier ass

Question
Who was obatanla or obalufe
2) were they kings or citizen
3.) Why was thier name picked the represent king
4).give me a reasonable prove obatanta nd obalufe they aunt just made up lies
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by MetaPhysical: 4:11am On May 15, 2018
gregyboy:

Hmmmmm....You raised a valid question. I will give you the answer in full details.

First, there are only two kingdoms with undisputable Benin dynasties in the Yoruba Commonwealth and neither of them was conquered -
1 - Olu of Warri
2 - Olu of Eko (Olu Eko, or Eleko) of Lagos.

Let me point to you that if either of these two were to spun a new independent dynasty elsewhere the title for that new dynasty will not be Olu...rather will be something else. There is no Yoruba tier-dynasty whose name is duplicitous in the next tier-kingdom. Never!

Oba is a covenant of sovereignty symbolized by the palm fronds and Akoko leaves. We have not found anywhere else in Africa that the monarchy is coronated using Akoko leaves. It is uniquely Yoruba. Oba derives from BA. You mention the people of BA in a circle of historians and archeologists and they will tell you it's Yoruba, not Edo.

Every crown head in Yorubaland was taken through the rites of the covenant and thus officially becomes Oba. The throne he sits on defines the title he bears. Let me repeat, the CROWN is the OBA, the THRONE IS THE TITLE. Thus Oba Adeyemi, Alaafin of Oyo will mean the Crown King Adeyemi of the Throne of Oyo.

So when Oranmiyan left Ife for Edo it was purposeful. The purpose was to start a new kingdom in Edo, based on the request tabled to the Kingmakers of Ife. So he was equipped before leaving Ife, with Priests and other Chiefs to proceed to Edo and investiture a new dynasty. Your Kings in Benin don't wear Ife or any Yoruba crowns, even though the origin of your dynasty is Ife. This might have been by design, but you are a foreign people and foreignland, you cannot be equated with the divine Obas in Yorubaland....this should explain why you were given Omo N'Oba N'Edo.

On the issue of conquests, it beats me why no scholar has taken up the challenge to dispute that Benin waged war and conquered Lagos. Who were the warriors that Benin fought in Lagos? grin The Aworis? grin grin grin grin (quadruple laugh)

The Aworis are Yorubas. There is no Yoruba kingdom that does not have a BALOGUN or BASHORUN, sometimes both! Aworis in Lagos have never had, and till today still do not have a Balogun title. Why? Because they have never fought a war. So who did the Benins fight to conquer Lagos?

The only Balogun in Lagos today is Balogun Tapa of Lagos. How did this come about? In the war of Agidingbi in 1851, in which Kosoko fought the British and Oshodi Tapa was the war General. King Kosoko had Abagbon Chiefs (The Bini war Chiefs) there at his disposal but they were not useful. The war was commanded by Kosoko himself with Oshodi as the General and Ipossu as the deputy. Oshodi's gallantry earned him Balogun of Lagos after the war and peace treaty that brought them back from Epe and resettled in Lagos.

So who did Benin fight to conquer Lagos, if the Aworis did not fight a war with you? Bini history is pregnant with a lot of fables and make-believe stories. It is time historians begin to peel through each of your stories to reconstruct the truth.

Yoruba could not have given you the Oba title, the same way you did not give Itsekiri or Lagos Omo N'Oba title.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 5:41am On May 15, 2018
Metaphysical i think this should be on the Oba of Bini visits Ile Ife thread. I go move am there. So those guys can answer your questions and learn also
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Nobody: 8:12am On May 15, 2018
Yoruba low self esteem as usual, rewriting o history is yoruba national sports.
It is very weird that the same yoruba who says a lot of things without proof also goes on to say that Edo need to prove their claims.
Can any of you yoruba-centric foools prove that Omo n'Oba n'Edo originates from ife ?
An other irony is that the fellow accusing Edo people of having a "story pregnant with fables" is the same who brings up a mythical figure "Oranmiyan" into a serious conversation.

Let me repete this to you yoruba lots. You are highly misguided and your efforts to deny your history is pushing you into madness !
Nobody originates from ife. Ife is just one small village/kingdom which had a shrine and that is all. Don't take my word for it, look at the precolonial maps. Also stop talking about "Edo-story". The documents I keep bringing are historical documents (made in the same period as the events they describe). We Edo are being objective and proving each of our points. Yet you yoruba madmen are still tcalling this Edo-opinion while you keep telling stories with no proof and confusing fairytales with actual history.

Reality check:

Benin Kingdom:

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b77595185.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b7759521n.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp8flCwvoAU
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Olu317(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2018

Tell me where yoruba used oba before 19c and i will show benins used in 14c[/quote]If we say you don't know Yorubas, you will engage us? Omo oba is general term for princes and princesses. While, Aremo was only used and use by Oyo . Aremo naturally was the first male son of any reigning Oyo king and few other Yoruba Kings. Being an Aremo in ancient Oyo has a lot attached to it. This just showed, you work on yourself to learn more about Yorubas. I just educated you on it

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Olu317(m): 9:16am On May 15, 2018
gregyboy:

Dont twist history am an historian its spelt baale not ba ile
And again ogie means royalty go on goggle search it out ogiso( royal from sky)
U havnt still told me how d word oba originated or the meaning ...hmm? And how come most yoruba revered oduduwa than rulers who ruled before him?

This were it connect oromiyan came as a representative of his father he came couldnt speak d language couldnt fight his uncle ogiemen
Left with anger leaving his son behind to understand the language and d pple so he could rule ...d boy grew up fought ogiemen and suceeded he got to the throne ...it was a new era of change he took a title cunned from the word ó ba meaning (shinning or white) the benins call white clothing ba(white) so oba means its whitnen or shinning.... The oba became his title and represented him as a king and ogie remained royalty
As he conqured territories the word oba spreaded to yoruba nations and they adopted it for the word royalty and the thier various title along.
So you can simply say as collectively all yoruba obas are in a meeting but the ooni of ife is not among.
And u can say all ogies are having meeting but the oba of benin is not around ...so one is a title the other collective noun..according to the report in the early 90s no yorubas monarch use the word oba nor even had a crown on thier head or beeds on thier neck except the oba of benin

Now you see benin own both the izoduwa and the word oba if you still doubt these then other tribe who reads this will definately see the truth in it

You make me hysterically reading this because being an historian could either be you have love for it or no alternative . But truthfully, if you are an historian,then you have blundered because you can't claim authority on a language cant speak the dialectic one but central one , that is if you are able to do. Do you not know every language on planet Earth has her lexicon? What about the etymology? To study history is a piece out of it all as it regard human history. I will advice not thread on what you have no knowledge on. Can you even place accent on each word in yoruba to accurately get the pronounciation? For your information; Bâ(father),Bàalè/Bà'lè(husband), Bàalé/Bà'lé(Duke).

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 8:05pm On May 15, 2018
MetaPhysical:

Hmmmmm....You raised a valid question. I will give you the answer in full details.

First, there are only two kingdoms with undisputable Benin dynasties in the Yoruba Commonwealth and neither of them was conquered -
1 - Olu of Warri
2 - Olu of Eko (Olu Eko, or Eleko) of Lagos.

Let me point to you that if either of these two were to spun a new independent dynasty elsewhere the title for that new dynasty will not be Olu...rather will be something else. There is no Yoruba tier-dynasty whose name is duplicitous in the next tier-kingdom. Never!

Oba is a covenant of sovereignty symbolized by the palm fronds and Akoko leaves. We have not found anywhere else in Africa that the monarchy is coronated using Akoko leaves. It is uniquely Yoruba. Oba derives from BA. You mention the people of BA in a circle of historians and archeologists and they will tell you it's Yoruba, not Edo.

Every crown head in Yorubaland was taken through the rites of the covenant and thus officially becomes Oba. The throne he sits on defines the title he bears. Let me repeat, the CROWN is the OBA, the THRONE IS THE TITLE. Thus Oba Adeyemi, Alaafin of Oyo will mean the Crown King Adeyemi of the Throne of Oyo.

So when Oranmiyan left Ife for Edo it was purposeful. The purpose was to start a new kingdom in Edo, based on the request tabled to the Kingmakers of Ife. So he was equipped before leaving Ife, with Priests and other Chiefs to proceed to Edo and investiture a new dynasty. Your Kings in Benin don't wear Ife or any Yoruba crowns, even though the origin of your dynasty is Ife. This might have been by design, but you are a foreign people and foreignland, you cannot be equated with the divine Obas in Yorubaland....this should explain why you were given Omo N'Oba N'Edo.

On the issue of conquests, it beats me why no scholar has taken up the challenge to dispute that Benin waged war and conquered Lagos. Who were the warriors that Benin fought in Lagos? grin The Aworis? grin grin grin grin (quadruple laugh)

The Aworis are Yorubas. There is no Yoruba kingdom that does not have a BALOGUN or BASHORUN, sometimes both! Aworis in Lagos have never had, and till today still do not have a Balogun title. Why? Because they have never fought a war. So who did the Benins fight to conquer Lagos?

The only Balogun in Lagos today is Balogun Tapa of Lagos. How did this come about? In the war of Agidingbi in 1851, in which Kosoko fought the British and Oshodi Tapa was the war General. King Kosoko had Abagbon Chiefs (The Bini war Chiefs) there at his disposal but they were not useful. The war was commanded by Kosoko himself with Oshodi as the General and Ipossu as the deputy. Oshodi's gallantry earned him Balogun of Lagos after the war and peace treaty that brought them back from Epe and resettled in Lagos.

So who did Benin fight to conquer Lagos, if the Aworis did not fight a war with you? Bini history is pregnant with a lot of fables and make-believe stories. It is time historians begin to peel through each of your stories to reconstruct the truth.

Yoruba could not have given you the Oba title, the same way you did not give Itsekiri or Lagos Omo N'Oba title.

Am smiling ...because it seem you just could speak English dont mean youre educated
Must they be a balogun i bet most yorubas particularly Oyo had no idea of the aworis till the late 18c ...must they be a balogun if there was no balogun as you said it was probably as a result of little or no knowledge of the awori people ...
And if i decide to come to ur town and claim myself the ruler of your town by force wont you attack me or would you just let me rule...you will definately attack. the only way you wont attack is when you probably have weighed my military strength and is way higher than the chance you have on me.... Leaving lagos out of it. we also ruled akure,owo,ondo,ekiti and part of ibadan we would have exceeded to oyo and osun if not the british invasion....
When you wanna argued solidified history dont go close to the benis aint joke at all oyo or ile ife is a village kingdom compare to a city empire like Benin with great walls like that of china and great moat which are among the wonders of the world
Great works of art that changed the 19c believe system of the white on Africans...
And lastly the spatial organization of benin that made the Portuguese call it a city that is the spatial concept the british took over to Britain and created same pattern in thier queen square in lodon..you see the Queen square in lodon is just the same design with ring road or kingsquare in Benin

And i know you will start quoting with pop pretty soon you forget that russia was a continent before america spilited them into various country..thats dsame would happen to yorubas if understimate a small pop we have survived what the yoruba race never survived a war which took thousands of benin indigenes and made us a minority i bet if yoruba take have of america rut they will go into extinction
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Olu317(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2018
gregyboy:

Am smiling ...because it seem you just could speak English dont mean youre educated
Must they be a balogun i bet most yorubas particularly Oyo had no idea of the aworis till the late 18c ...must they be a balogun if there was no balogun as you said it was probably as a result of little or no knowledge of the awori people ...
And if i decide to come to ur town and claim myself the ruler of your town by force wont you attack me or would you just let me rule...you will definately attack. the only way you wont attack is when you probably have weighed my military strength and is way higher than the chance you have on me.... Leaving lagos out of it. we also ruled akure,owo,ondo,ekiti and part of ibadan we would have exceeded to oyo and osun if not the british invasion....
When you wanna argued solidified history dont go close to the benis aint joke at all oyo or ile ife is a village kingdom compare to a city empire like Benin with great walls like that of china and great moat which are among the wonders of the world
Great works of art that changed the 19c believe system of the white on Africans...
And lastly the spatial organization of benin that made the Portuguese call it a city that is the spatial concept the british took over to Britain and created same pattern in thier queen square in lodon..you see the Queen square in lodon is just the same design with ring road or kingsquare in Benin

And i know you will start quoting with pop pretty soon you forget that russia was a continent before america spilited them into various country..thats dsame would happen to yorubas if understimate a small pop we have survived what the yoruba race never survived a war which took thousands of benin indigenes and made us a minority i bet if yoruba take have of america rut they will go into extinction
What is even wrong with you that you lacked etiquette at manner you use words wrongfully at people? It seems you are pained . Little do you know that Balogun existed before 18th century. You hardly give references but instead you use vulgar words on people ,simply because of facts that you are not able to contest...Go study harder to know Edos are under Yoruba Race.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 9:59pm On May 15, 2018
Olu317:
What is even wrong with you that you lacked etiquette at manner you use words wrongfully at people? It seems you are pained . Little do you know that Balogun existed before 18th century. You hardly give references but instead you use vulgar words on people ,simply because of facts that you are not able to contest...Go study harder to know Edos are under Yoruba Race.

Never disputed the fact that weren't baloguns

Why would edo be under Yoruba territory when iy is documeted by the british that yorubas were under the benin empire
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by povicky1(m): 10:04pm On May 15, 2018
Olu317:
[left][/left]
Edos. Are under Yorubas. Mr, are you alright...?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 10:06pm On May 15, 2018
gregyboy:

Where is your fugitive ancestor Ekaladheran? sad
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 6:35am On May 16, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Where is your fugitive ancestor Ekaladheran? sad

Is a king that birthed your generation run and come and payhomage to ogiso dynasty
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by samuk: 8:02am On May 16, 2018
Moneywomen17:
my guy answer this question why was it that before u had any contact with ife u use ogiso(sky king) but the moment an ife prince came to ur town coincidentally u started using oba. Out of all edoid language etsako people use Ogie as king uhrobo use Ovie even itsekiri that has a Benin ruler also use ogiame which apparently means king of the water so why does edo use oba to refer to king

It's actually the other way round. The last of the Ogiso(Sky King) suddenly appears in Ife after being banished from Benin, and told the people he met that he was the son of the "Sky God"(which literally means Ogiso in Benin) and they interpreted it as he fell from the Sky hence the claim that the Ooni came from the Sky. Unfortunately for you latter day revisionists, Benin as a civilisation and culture is too well documented not just in arts but by early European who kept a long archive, so no amount of revisionist can alter it, keep trying and wasting your time.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 11:01am On May 16, 2018
samuk:

It's actually the other way round. The last of the Ogiso(Sky King) suddenly appears in Ife after being banished from Benin, and told the people he met that he was the son of the "Sky God"(which literally means Ogiso in Benin) and they interpreted it as he fell from the Sky hence the claim that the Ooni came from the Sky. Unfortunately for you latter day revisionists, Benin as a civilisation and culture is too well documented not just in arts but by early European who kept a long archive, so no amount of revisionist can alter it, keep trying and wasting your time.

Ahhh..look! grin. A true Edo man. Thank you jare my brother.

Why was the Ogiso banished, what was his crime, and how did he get to Ife?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 6:44pm On May 16, 2018
samuk:

good so Ogie does mean king in ur language instead of that fraud gregyboy trying to lie. My question how did Ogie change to oba the word U now call ur king. Two Yoruba mythology never said oduduwa fell from the sky he said he came from the sky it seems u have been hearing too much of ur edo boys propaganda on nairaland. He was sent by god to earth note this is myth of Yoruba on oduduwa just there are several myth of king like sango and others who were also deify after their death. U might be an illiterate so this is what deify means. Hundreds of Yoruba ancestor king and others who were impressive during their life time was deify it has nothing to do with Benin. U can check all the Yoruba gods as refrence. If ofuduwa was from Benin there is no way it will not be noted in ife history and someone coming from the sky is an over use myth in African group.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Olu317(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2018
povicky1:

[left][/left]
Edos. Are under Yorubas. Mr, are you alright...?
Are you new on here? You must be from One Edo village to write like this..... Even your Oba came to ILE IFE to acknowledged the throne of Oranmiyan,great grand son of Odua .I know you are a ‘PUMA' like others.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2018
Moneywomen17:
good so Ogie does mean king in ur language instead of that fraud gregyboy trying to lie. My question how did Ogie change to oba the word U now call ur king. Two Yoruba mythology never said oduduwa fell from the sky he said he came from the sky it seems u have been hearing too much of ur edo boys propaganda on nairaland. He was sent by god to earth note this is myth of Yoruba on oduduwa just there are several myth of king like sango and others who were also deify after their death. U might be an illiterate so this is what deify means. Hundreds of Yoruba ancestor king and others who were impressive during their life time was deify it has nothing to do with Benin. U can check all the Yoruba gods as refrence. If ofuduwa was from Benin there is no way it will not be noted in ife history and someone coming from the sky is an over use myth in African group.

I will say it again ogie mean royal or royalty ogiso mean heavnly royalty ,enogie( a sent royal) oba means king ...dont ulter my language with no knowledge of it people confused ogie has doesnt mean is king if wanna say am from a royal blood in benin i would simple ogie ehi kin meaning am a royal blood but if i wanna say am a king i simple say oba ehi mwen khin meaning am a king...

Yoruba has so many myth about oduduwa pls clarify me on the recent one where did oduduwa come from
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2018
All yoruba pls gather here we want to know the real origination of oduduwa where did really come from
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 7:10pm On May 16, 2018
gregyboy:

I will say it again ogie mean royal or royalty ogiso mean heavnly royalty ,enogie( a sent royal) oba means king ...dont ulter my language with no knowledge of it people confused ogie has doesnt mean is king if wanna say am from a royal blood in benin i would simple ogie ehi kin meaning am a royal blood but if i wanna say am a king i simple say oba ehi mwen khin meaning am a king...

Yoruba has so many myth about oduduwa pls clarify me on the recent one where did oduduwa come from
u dey mad my guy every Benin except u revisionist says ogiso means sky king none ever said it means royalty except u. Where has any Yoruba told u oduduwa comes from according to the Yoruba myth note I said “myth” not recent claim or anything just myth.

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 7:16pm On May 16, 2018
gregyboy:
All yoruba pls gather here we want to know the real origination of oduduwa where did really come from

I dont want to hear from you.

Bring that guy samuk here to talk. Thats the only sensible Edoman here. He already said Ogiso Ekaladheran was banished. He needs to finish the story.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 7:20pm On May 16, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

I dont want to hear from you.

Bring that guy samuk here to talk. Thats the only sensible Edoman here. He already said Ogiso Ekaladheran was banished. He needs to finish the story.

Tell me am a listener...i want to learn because i believe the guy who fell from sky is a myth
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 7:25pm On May 16, 2018
gregyboy:

Tell me am a listener...i want to learn because i believe the guy who fell from sky is a myth
my guy nobody except u is denying that oduduwa coming from the sky not fall is not a myth. That is why it’s always told in Yoruba mythology. Do u still want me to find the definition of myth for u
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 7:32pm On May 16, 2018
Moneywomen17:
u dey mad my guy every Benin except u revisionist says ogiso means sky king none ever said it means royalty except u. Where has any Yoruba told u oduduwa comes from according to the Yoruba myth note I said “myth” not recent claim or anything just myth.

Get the difference even most edos dont know this i wanna say

Sky king where the people who came from sky
Seperating the word
Ogie (royal )
Iso(sky)
Example just like saying head-phone they two different word which people use to describe the general word for earpice .now the head mean your head phone(ur mobile phone) literally what it
Means it earpiece just like ogie iso literally mean king but when seoerated it means two different word and when interpreted is royal and sky but when the meaning it refers to as king
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 7:35pm On May 16, 2018
gregyboy:

Get the difference even most edos dont know this i wanna say

Sky king where the people who came from sky
Seperating the word
Ogie (royal )
Iso(sky)
Example just like saying head-phone they two different word which people use to describe the general word for earpice .now the head mean your head phone(ur mobile phone) literally what it
Means it earpiece just like ogie iso literally mean king but when seoerated it means two different word and when interpreted is royal and sky but when the meaning it refers to as king
so ogiso literally means king according to u so why are u using oba now hmm coincidentally after a people who also use the word oba to refer to king sent a prince to Benin. Oba means king in Yoruba why ogiso according to u means king in Edo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People / Ooni Of Ife Begins Plan To Take Another Wife, 24 Hours After Marrying New Wife / Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.