Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba (51485 Views)

Alafin's Supernatural Power Over Other Oba's In Yorubaland / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ak47mann(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mrs Dike an Igbo Citizen by Marriage to become the first Female Oba in Yorubaland! Her First Child an Igbo by Birth(Product of Adetutu Adesida & Mr. Dike) would likely become the Next Oba after the reins of the new Regent

She already had male and female children from Mr. Dike and as customs demands the Children, both of them are Prince and princess and the right for the inheritance of the throne is assured cool

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/12/29/new-regent-installed-akure/

11 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Kingtim(m): 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
Booked
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by MayorofLagos(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
ak47mann: Mrs Dike an Igbo Citizen by Marriage to become the first Female Oba in Yorubaland! Her First Child an Igbo by Birth(Product of Adetutu Adesida & Mr. Dike) would likely become the Next Oba after the reins of the new Regent

She already had male and female children from Mr. Dike and as customs demands the Children, both of them are Prince and princess and the right for the inheritance of the throne is assured cool

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/12/29/new-regent-installed-akure/

Who is Mr Dike, does he not have a first name?

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ak47mann(m): 4:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Who is Mr Dike, does he not have a first name?
[b]Princess Adetutu Adesida- Dike, the first daughter of the late traditional ruler of Akureland, Oba Adebiyi Adesida was on Saturday installed as the Regent of the ancient town.

The development came almost a month after the Monarch, who was until his death, the Chairman of the State Council of Obas, passed away in his palace, during a brief illness, at the age of 63.

The traditional installation of the Regent took place at the Palace of the town on late Saturday evening and was carried out by the chiefs.

While speaking with reporters at the palace, the Regent said she would do her best to contribute to the development of the town during the duration of her regency, saying ” I take it up where my father stopped with the help of almighty God”.

On leaving her husband in the United States to take up a traditional position in Nigeria, Adesida-Dike said: “the regency can not disturb my role as a mother and wife and as a career woman, I have also taken leave of absence from my place of work in the United States, my husband knows that I am a Princess before he agreed to marry me and he also knows that anytime my father died as a king, I have to assume this position, so there won’t be any problem.

“I know this is a duty I have to perform, so I have called on my God to help me to succeed in the journey and also that God will help the king makers to choose the right person to be the next king”.

She then called on the state government and the entire people of Akure land to give her their supports in other to succeed in the task.

Adesida-Dike, a United States of America (USA)- based pharmacist will be on the throne until the installation of another Monarch.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ak47mann(m): 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
Her name Mrs Dike a Princess in Akure. Her Children will now become Prince even though they are Igbo. cool

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
great for our unity, though she is full Yoruba by birth.

10 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by nduchucks: 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
This is the way things should be, we already have a Youruba lady representing a Northern state in the senate, now we have a potential Igbo Oba in the SW. We need similar results in the SE as well, a Fulani Eze or Obi would indicate political maturity.

Here's a phoograph of Princess Adetutu Adesida- Dike, the first daughter of the late traditional ruler of Akureland, who was installed as the new regent in Akure. Are women allowed to wear Babanriga in Akure?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1492881_CUsersA949824Desktopoba_jpg4dd1d1788af95f1f54979161af20a50b

18 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
ndu_chucks: This is the way things should be, we already have a Youruba lady representing a Northern state in the senate, now we have a potential Igbo Oba in the SW. We need similar results in the SE as well, a Fulani Eze or Obi would indicate political maturity.

Here's a phoograph of Princess Adetutu Adesida- Dike, the first daughter of the late traditional ruler of Akureland, who was installed as the new regent in Akure. Are women allowed to wear Babanriga in Akure?

Enugu's first mayor was a Fulani, and Azikiwe tried to be One Nigeria with his whole Western Nigeria political campaign.

11 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
ak47mann: Her name Mrs Dike a Princess in Akure. Her Children will now become Prince even though they are Igbo. cool

Even though their father may be Igbo, I believe they may be brought up Yoruba. And I'm not sure if she's the first Oba.
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by masseratti: 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
Do you guys understand what a regent mean?
Na wa ooo
Its a good and beautiful thing when two culture,tribe,ethnic group intermarry,but their children can not be heir to the throne,she is a regent,called Adele in yorubaland,not an Oba.

What the heck is an Igbo citizen?is Igbo a country,nation or a state?

Do they teach you guys how to spin stories or what ?

45 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by nduchucks: 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
ezeagu:

Enugu's first mayor was a Fulani, and Azikiwe tried to be One Nigeria with his whole Western Nigeria political campaign.

That was over 50 years ago. I am talking about modern day Nigeria here. We need to see this kind of gesture in the SE of today, start by giving us an Obi or real Eze of the fulani extraction. Be bold and make it happen today.

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
ndu_chucks:

That was over 50 years ago. I am talking about modern day Nigeria here. We need to see this kind of gesture in the SE of today, start by giving us an Obi or real Eze of the fulani extraction. Be bold and make it happen today.

Well the fact that he was the first mayor is significant because it shows that the people in south eastern Nigeria are generally willing to share government. You cannot show me an equivalent of that of any time and anywhere else in Nigeria, is the point. During the war many of the more established non-Igbo communities fled and dissolved and never came back which is why there aren't many viable non-Igbo candidates (unless you can show me people who ran) in the overwhelming Igbo states.

4 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by DerideGull(m): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
ndu_chucks: This is the way things should be, we already have a Youruba lady representing a Northern state in the senate, now we have a potential Igbo Oba in the SW. We need similar results in the SE as well, a Fulani Eze or Obi would indicate political maturity.

Mr. Chuck,

I can not mange to place my finger on the pause of your recent show of idiocy. It is apparently not being exposed to education but skewed intellect. Before the likes of Ahmadu Bello and SL Akintola started spewing crap about Igbo dominance in northern western regions, the eastern region has already embraced the people from other tribes and regions. In 1956, Enugu elected the first mayor and he was a Fulani from Sokoto named Mallam Umaru Altine. Mrs Adetutu Adesida-Dike is a Yoruba and her ascendancy to the local village Yoruba throne is very inconsequential in nature.

7 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by MayorofLagos(m): 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2013
ak47mann: Her name Mrs Dike a Princess in Akure. Her Children will now become Prince even though they are Igbo. cool

You did not answer question.

What is Mr Dike's first name?

If a Yoruba woman answers Bola Fagbemi-Buhari, does it mean she is married to Hausa?

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
ndu_chucks:

If it happened over 50 years ago when there was little education and civilisation,it sure can happen again now..Enugu is detribalised.Go to Owerri road Asata,richard street behind ogui rd,oba street in ogui..Hausas and fulanis have been living there for more than 40years and there are all happy.

4 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by nduchucks: 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
DerideGull:

Mr. Chuck,

I can not mange to place my finger on the pause of your recent show of idiocy. It is apparently not being exposed to education but skewed intellect. Before the likes of Ahmadu Bello and SL Akintola started spewing crap about Igbo dominance in northern western regions, the eastern region has already embraced the people from other tribes and regions. In 1956, Enugu elected the first mayor and he was a Fulani from Sokoto named Mallam Umaru Altine. Mrs Adetutu Adesida-Dike is a Yoruba and her ascendancy to the local village Yoruba throne is very inconsequential in nature.

This is the very reason why my heart breaks when the tribalists, secessionists, and separatists among you people start exhibiting gross, senseless bigotry on NL. You people were not like this until you tried to fight your misguided war. Unfortunately, many of you have been so damaged by the said war that you remain unable to see value in the unity of this great country - to your detriment, I might add.

16 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by alaoeri: 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
The woman is just a regent until a new oba obviously from another royal family is install since her own family reign is over, oba in yoruba land is turn by turn & guess its the turn of another royal family.

7 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by DerideGull(m): 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
ndu_chucks:

There shall be no such thing again in Igbo land. Azikiwe appointed a Yoruba the first Secretary to the Government of eastern region. Since the good overture by the Ndigbo, most dumbass Nigerians have reciprocated with evils deeds and deaths.

9 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by MayorofLagos(m): 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2013

Yoruba women do not wear Babanriga.

Yoruba culture is cognizant of the male/female attributes and duality present in the cosmos and therefore there is no gender discrimination in a woman suited in Agbada if her office calls for it. She is at moment transcendental of her feminine gender.

5 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Olastep(m): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
Clap 4 me
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ChristyG(f): 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
U people dont understand what a regent means,she is just going to be there until a new oba is selected in which she will leave and go back to her normal day life,her tittle is called adele.her children are not in any way positioned to become any oba.she is a yoruba woman born into a royal family,married to an ibo man does not remove her identify before u start twisting things

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by DerideGull(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
alaoeri: The woman is just a regent until a new oba obviously from another royal family is install since her own family reign is over, oba in yoruba land is turn by turn & guess its the turn of another royal family.

How many royal families do you have in Yoruba land or does it mean every family in Yoruba land is royal family?
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by Ngwakwe: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
The Igbos easily integrate with other ethnicities and civilisation without prejudice but the same can't easily be said for average Yoruba or Hausa born and bred.

In the East, it takes one out of four to ten to see an Igbo person fluent in Yoruba, Hausa or even Ibibio.

Everything is possible to him that will integrate out of will and desire to belong.

Moreover, don't forget the Imo State House of Assembly majority leader is a Yoruba woman married in Imo State.

The bill was sponsored by the Imo State House of Assembly Majority Leader and member representing Ahiazu Mbaise state constituency, Mrs. Adekunle Ihuoma, and is cited as the �Imo State of Nigeria, Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Law Number 12 of 2012.

www.ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=9420

8 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by HowFar: 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
I think the Ibos should do what the hausa/fulanis did in Ilorin. She should keep the title because the yorubas enjoy being dominated. If the hausas can do it why not the ibos? I'll be in the sw soon to collect my title as well, fukk it.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by padeolu: 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
By birth, she's fully yoruba and as such entitled to be a regent. None of her "Dike" children is entitled to the throne though.

10 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
gbosaa:

If it happened over 50 years ago when there was little education and civilisation,it sure can happen again now..Enugu is detribalised.Go to Owerri road Asata,richard street behind ogui rd,oba street in ogui..Hausas and fulanis have been living there for more than 40years and there are all happy.

Yes, most people didn't have Western education, (most people today in Nigeria don't have proper Western education), but in no way were they uncivilised.

1 Like

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by frodobee: 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
ezeagu:

On point.
You are a good historian.
Point is, an attitude of hate, antagonism has been formed by some people here on things or words 'Igbo'. No matter how hard you try or how good you are, you will always be viewed in line with a pre-determined way. Nothing can change it, except a Madiba who will teach and re-orientate the minds to love instead of hating on each other.

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ak47mann(m): 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

You did not answer question.

What is Mr Dike's first name?

If a Yoruba woman answers Bola Fagbemi-Buhari, does it mean she is married to Hausa?

Dike i her surname "DIKE" is a core igbo name you cannot deny that,she live with her husband in USA his name is still withheld at the moment cool
Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
padeolu: By birth, she's fully yoruba and as such entitled to be a regent. None of her "Dike" children is entitled to the throne though.

Don't be silly.

3 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by MayorofLagos(m): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Christy G: U people dont understand what a regent means,she is just going to be there until a new oba is selected in which she will leave and go back to her normal day life,her tittle is called adele.her children are not in any way positioned to become any oba.she is a yoruba woman born into a royal family,married to an ibo man does not remove her identify before u start twisting things

We dont yet know she is married to Iboman. It is assumed to be so by the op who thinks only Ibo have the Dike name anywhere in the world.

If it is ultimately revealed that she is married to Ibo and Dike is an Iboman then the op will be correct and indeed I will say congratulations to Ibo people for politically and culturally scoring one over the Yorubas.

Kings give off their daughters to strenghten alliance with other Kings and cultures. In this case Adesida was looking for an alliance with Ibos. For Ibos looking for homes and lands in SW to settle, Akure will be your surrogate home since a future crown head of that domain carry the Ibo gene. When eventually he becomes King Dike, Deji of Akure, you have a political windfall in Yorubaland. THIS IS ONLY ON ASSUMPTION THAT THIS DIKE IS IBO. grin

2 Likes

Re: Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba by ak47mann(m): 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
ezeagu:

Even though their father may be Igbo, I believe they may be brought up Yoruba. And I'm not sure if she's the first Oba.
Yhe children can be brought up yoruba in some extent but their father will make sure that igbo culture sink inside them.... cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident / Oba Ewuare Rides In His Rolls Royce For Thanksgiving. PICS / Anambra Masquerade Burnt to Death During Cultural Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.