Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

What Does It Mean To Be Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Be Born Again? (384 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Be Born Again? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2018
www.livingwaters.com

Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again'" (John 3:5-7).

The Christian Church is built on the person of Jesus and on His teachings, and He said that each of us must be born again to enter Heaven. If we don't experience the new birth we will end up in a terrible place called "Hell," so it's vital that we understand what it means to be born again.

Perhaps the best way to explain it is to say what it's not.

It's not infant baptism. It's not adult baptism. It's not being a member of the Presbyterian, Methodist, Catholic, Anglican or any other church. It’s not to be a member of the Salvation Army or any religion or denomination or cult. It doesn’t mean to believe in God as the Creator or in Jesus as an historical figure.

The first time we were born, it was radical. We didn't exist, and then life was sparked and suddenly we existed. The new birth is just as radical.

We need to be born again if we are black or white, rich or poor, tall or short, Jew or Gentile, Moslem, or Hindu, or an adulterer, a homosexual, a transvestite, a fornicator, a thief, or a liar. It makes no difference if you are a president, a pope, a priest, a pastor, a paparazzi or a prayerful protestant--you must be born again…or you will not enter Heaven—you have Jesus’ promise on that.

If your heart is beating, you must be born of the Spirit…according to Jesus. If this makes you angry, your issue is with Him and not with me. I'm simply telling you what He said. Am I your enemy because I tell you the truth?

When someone is born of the Spirit they don't "believe" in God, they come to "know" Him. Do you know God or do you just know "about" Him? Have you obeyed the gospel and been born again? Don't fool yourself because you can't afford to be wrong about this. It's your eternal salvation that's at stake here.

The Bible says the time will come when "the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed" (2 Thessalonians 1:8-10).

So before you pass into eternity, do what the Bible says to do—"Make your calling and election sure." If you are not sure, please make sure right now by doing this short test. It will show you why you must be born again: www.needGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 8 May 2014 at 05:00 ·
Re: What Does It Mean To Be Born Again? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On May 09, 2018
What is Repentance?

Re: What Does It Mean To Be Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On May 17, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
What is Repentance?
Wrong! It does not involve a turning away from sin, but rather it is an abandoning of the Old way(and Law of Moses), to adopt instead/be reborn in the New Way and Covenant in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ. The reason Jesus Christ referred to it as being born of Water has to do with the fact that it involves abandoning the former fountain of Living Water(God's Old Law and Covenant of Moses), to instead be born anew/drink from God's New Fountain of Living Water(Jesus Christ). undecided

(1) (Reply)

“I Ended My Relationship With Jesus Christ Because He Is Jealous” – South Africa / The Buts In The Lives Of Men / Dear Singles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.