Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) (58791 Views)

‘I Am A Dismissed Soldier’: Man Who Beat Up Policewoman Confesses / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) / Police Officers And Victims Killed In The Offa Bank Robbery (Graphics Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) by DonroxyII: 6:17am On May 09, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
Those robbers were unnecessarily bloodthirsty.

Why couldn't they have rounded up the cops in a room and kept them under guard while robbing ?

Why did they have to kill any one when they obviously had super firepower.

There's a naval base in Offa which is a small town. Why did they just stay put ? Someone in charge could have at least given them orders to engage
It is a naval medical school and not a combatant school per se .... Like a barrack !!

Terms of engagement will differ!
Re: One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) by BlackPantherxXx: 6:45am On May 09, 2018
DonroxyII:
It is a naval medical school and not a combatant school per se .... Like a barrack !!

Terms of engagement will differ!

Yes its a school of Health Science, my questions to you are:

1. Do they have guns ?

2. Do they know how to use it ? Do they have firearms training ? Even Cooks and Chaplains must be taught how to shoot

3. In war, will the Medical Corps in the military say "no ....we are medics and so we can't shoot when shot at"

If the answer to these queries = YES, then you have no point.

Even my relative who's a Medical Doctor & an officer in the Nigerian Navy couldn't defend them when I brought up the subject. All he muttered weakly was ..."they probably didn't get orders to engage"

1 Like

Re: One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) by DonroxyII: 10:53am On May 09, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Yes its a school of Health Science, my questions to you are:

1. Do they have guns ?

2. Do they know how to use it ? Do they have firearms training ? Even Cooks and Chaplains must be taught how to shoot

3. In war, will the Medical Corps in the military say "no ....we are medics and so we can't shoot when shot at"

If the answer to these queries = YES, then you have no point.

Even my relative who's a Medical Doctor & an officer in the Nigerian Navy couldn't defend them when I brought up the subject. All he muttered weakly was ..."they probably didn't get orders to engage"
I understand your assertions but I don't think they are set up to intervened in offa communal issues ....
I also aligned with your uncle and that was why I said "Terms of engagement would differ" !!!

If they have their order to intervene in such issues , why won't they

Even while Offa and Erinle were having communal clash, Nigerian Army were deployed from Zobi Barrack in Ilorin not the Navy in Offa ...... I think it shows Offa naval school is strictly a health school ......

All armed (Navy) forces are trained on guns but remember , they are more trained Offensive/Defensive than one another ..... You won't compare the navy in Niger Delta bases with that of Offa and terms of engagement of that of Niger Delta region differs from the one in Offa

I think the issue of armed robbery is a Nigerian Police Force (NPF) issue as well as DSS and not Navy .....

Thus, the fact that navy medical school is in Offa ain't enough to intervene in the community conflict ..... Even if they have Intel regarding the issue, they would only share with Kwara State Police Force HQ.

Unless, Offa Navy Medical School is re-jig to intervene in such a scenario , I don't think they will !!!

Now, What about the DSS, do you know they also have a base in Offa too ?? ..... These guys were on rampage for hours, a slow moving vehicle will get to Offa from Ilorin in an hour while a police riot vehicle with its speed will get there in 30mins maximum 1hr .....

What were they all doing ....... Our NPF is always reactionary !!!
Re: One Of The Offa Banks Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Officer (Photo) by gidgiddy: 4:29pm On May 09, 2018
The same fools who like to shout 'one Nigeria' but can even differentiate an Igbo name.

Adikwu means nothing in Igbo and isn't an Igbo name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Dresses As A Woman And Has Sex With Men Arrested In Benue State (Photo) / 3 African Mothers Who Had Sexual Relations With Their Biological Sons / Agomuo Jennifer, IMSU Student Commits Suicide After Stabbing Boyfriend (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.