Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother (890 Views)

My Mother-In-Law And My Wife Undermine Me / What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by SUMCIOUZ(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2018
Has this ever happened to you? You are at a fork in the road. One path leads to your dream life and a fulfilling career and the other path is what is tried and true and what is expected by your parents. The pull of both is equally strong and for this reason, but you’re afraid to move forward for fear of disappointing your parents.
i have been living with my mother almost my whole life, we are just two, i and my sister, our mother has been there for us , she paid our school fees till we graduated from the university, fed and clothed us, she is everything i have but i have always been scared to disappoint her by choices i make in my life.
i have been unemployed for two years after nysc, though before i got admission into the university ,i have been working as a dj at weddings and other partys, the job was fun for me because i got some money from it and a name but i did not know in time my mother was not happy about the job.
After my Nysc i started going out more searching for jobs, meeting and talking to people i met at weddings i performed at, for s secured job, at that time i was working for another dj a church member, i have been working for with him "7 years"before he got married, he changed after he got married, i worked more than the money he was giving me so early this year i told him i cant take the money he was giving me , i handled the job most times even though he owned the equipments, even tho i was the one that brought in the Gig he would still pay Me less , so i decided to let him know how i felt , Since then we have not talked to each other.
This year i took a Radio broadcast professional course to add to my certificate,My mother payed the fees, then i decided to ask her why she doesn't want to support me in my dj career even tho she knows i am good at it, she told me she doesn't want me to do go ahead with it because she doesn't want her friends to say after sending her son to the university , he turns out to be a dj, that if i had studied medicine or pharmacy i wont be jobless.
Last night we talked about it again ,i told her about my plans and how i could get money from it and still pursue a secured job, she promised to get me the money to buy some of the equipments but i am still scared if things dont turn out the way i planned them, Have i not disappointed her??

Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by Brunicekid(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2018
The Mother is a very important element in the home.
Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by Brunicekid(m): 9:21pm On May 08, 2018
The Mother is a very important element in the home.
#Of A Truth, it is...
Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by edoman2016: 9:40pm On May 08, 2018
Live your life to its full potential and forget about disappointing your mother in the future. Tomorrow will sort itself out.
Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 08, 2018
You didn't disappoint her, she knows it is not your fault that you are jobless. Don't be too hard on yourself, your story will change for better one day.

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 08, 2018
You didn't disappoint her, she knows it is not your fault that you are jobless. Don't be too hard on yourself, your story will change for better one day.

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by budaatum: 9:43pm On May 08, 2018
You have an ability to do something and you are letting people put doubt in your mind. It's like God gave you a talent but for fear of others, you want to let it die inside you!

You went to school and have a foundation. If you could earn a living 7 years ago, why not now that you are much wiser, will you not be much more wiser in the future and earn a better living, or has your mother told you dj money cannot buy what doctor money can buy?

I beg, kick silly aside and fulfil your dream. Your mother will one day proudly lift up her head and announce to the whole world, "Look at my son, the dj".
Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by SUMCIOUZ(m): 11:50pm On May 08, 2018
chivera018:
You didn't disappoint her, she knows it is not your fault that you are jobless.
Don't be too hard on yourself, your story will change for better one day.
thanks
Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by SUMCIOUZ(m): 11:53pm On May 08, 2018
budaatum:
You have an ability to do something and you are letting people put doubt in your mind. It's like God gave you a talent but for fear of others, you want to let it die inside you!

You went to school and have a foundation. If you could earn a living 7 years ago, why not now that you are much wiser, will you not be much more wiser in the future and earn a better living, or has your mother told you dj money cannot buy what doctor money can buy?

I beg, kick silly aside and fulfil your dream. Your mother will one day proudly lift up her head and announce to the whole world, "Look at my son, the dj".

i come from a polygamous family soo it's like a competition , i don't blame mother she wants the best for us

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by budaatum: 12:07am On May 09, 2018
SUMCIOUZ:

i come from a polygamous family soo it's like a competition , i don't blame mother she wants the best for us
Yes she does want the best for you. But can you begin to imagine how many dj like talents you will sacrifice in trying to please her? A history of unfulfilled dreams!

Parents can sometimes not see very well into the future their children need to live in and yours don't seem to think djing is worthy like doctor. If you know anything about music though, I'm sure you know to doctor with it. Abi doctor money de spend past dj money?

Run your own race. Stop fearing imaginary things! You will succeed.
Re: Fear Of Dissapointing My Mother by Triniti(m): 10:05am On May 09, 2018
Come on dude, you can do better than this. Don’t let the fear of the unknown inhibit you from pursuing you passion which is dj, you said yourself that you are good at this, what makes you think you can’t make it big from this....you can hook up big time gig tomorrow and your story will change for good

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Your Advice: Where In Lagos Can One Start A Family Comfortably? / . / Child Born Out Of Wedlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.