Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest (15712 Views)

Woman Sets Self, Rented Apartment On Fire Over Inability To Repay N70k Lapo’s De / CBN Recovers N60bn From Banks As Illegal Charges / Access Bank, GTB Fined N96 Million For Illegal Charges, Other Violations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by ositadima1(m): 8:15pm On May 08, 2018
GURUGRAPHICS:
welcome development grin cheesy

meanwhile guys, are you bored and in need of some entertainment?
then add me on skype at isabel okoh... wink for a video chat session...

...serious buyers only!!!!

How market?
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by Temysteve(m): 8:21pm On May 08, 2018
Balet:
Welcome idea. In fact,they hv a lot of money to refund me. They hv long been over charging me. They charge me for ATM card maintenance every month.

Meanwhile, I got FTC this evening. This is decated to any presidential aspirant that can take Nigeria out of the mess the country has found herself. Things are not like that here in Europe.
hmmmm, thisd your own lie pas Mr Lie muhammed oo.
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by dandollar1: 8:21pm On May 08, 2018
Ah was this the reason diamond bank refunded 91k into my account? I didn't even know when the collected it. Thank God for free money . Still thinking of what to do with it. cool
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by mercyway: 8:27pm On May 08, 2018
Empress2014:
Uba is worst
You Are Right

1 Like

Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by christobobby: 8:33pm On May 08, 2018
GTB �
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by asawanathegreat(m): 8:41pm On May 08, 2018
Eko bank don almost finish my money ooo am crying seriously
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by richybanky(m): 8:47pm On May 08, 2018
grin grin no more charges since I deactivated sms alert from GTB and Stanbic IBTC but before both banks wan kill me with deductions grin grin

I only monitor my accounts through mobile banking, to hell wit all banks in Nigeria including CBN cheesy
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by OlujobaSamuel: 8:54pm On May 08, 2018
this man no get sense, why not tell us the interest due to us on every illegal charge, why just tell us that we should request for our money back,you are all criminals.
Why is it that most atm now dispense 10000, i even saw one that was 5000, i nearly cried because I needed about 50000 that day.
The ugly part is, if you try withdraw and the atm fails to dispense but you were debited, the #65 wont be reversed, you get only your withdrawal sum.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by Jeffme: 8:58pm On May 08, 2018
When using my mobile app, Diamond bank charges N55-65 on Funds and airtime transfers, even if it wasn't successful ,they still charge me and ruin my current available balance .
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by bejeria101(m): 9:18pm On May 08, 2018
What country and on what planet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by nobilie: 9:34pm On May 08, 2018
I wish I can sue GTbank

1 Like

Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by RALPHOW(m): 9:40pm On May 08, 2018
ON SEVERAL OCCASSION I BOUGHT AIRTEL CREDIT ONLINE THROUGH MY ACCESS BANK ACCOUNT BUT I NEVER RECEIVE CREDIT FOR ONCE.
CRIMINALS
HOW DO I RECLAIM MY MONEY BACK.
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by Talknochip(m): 10:17pm On May 08, 2018
Zenith bank, repent!
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by friyina1(f): 10:38pm On May 08, 2018
CBN God bless you, GTBank number 1, plenty deductions without explanations.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by Nobody: 1:19am On May 09, 2018
diamond must refund me with interest!

#GOOD RIDDANCE TO A STUPID NONSENSE!
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by pbells006: 1:19am On May 09, 2018
My Ordeal with Fidelity Bank eehh.

shocked shocked
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by donqx: 2:08am On May 09, 2018
hmmm
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by shevon: 3:11am On May 09, 2018
allanphash7:
Access bank in Trouble
Those ones are just robbers. Sometime last month, I went to fix my phone and forgot my GTB card at home, so I transferred money from my GTB to Access Bank account on the 10th. I also tried to buy N100 airtime to make a quick call that day and it failed, complained about it and the debit was reversed on the 13th.
Could you believe Access Bank charged me N50 for stamp duty for the transaction that occurred on the 13th? When I called, email and called them out on Tweeter to complain that I was charged for getting a refund for a failed transaction, their thieving service reps said it was not for the transaction stated in the narration but for the inflow into my account on the 10th. The simple question I asked was: Are you sure you know the CBN rule concerning stamp duties? They all said they do; I had to go and pull CBN circular showing transactions that were exempted (intra or inter bank self to self transfer, deposits less than N1,000.00 and payments into a savings account). Even the eleribu that I spoke to on the phone was still arguing and asking me if I were a banker. Do I need to be a banker to know my rights?
Last last, I had to start mentioning CBN in my tweets before they reversed the stamp duty. They assumed they were dealing with a Nigerian that will swallow anything they threw at; dem for surprise wetin I for do if dem no reverse my N50 7 days after I reported it. Awon ole jati-jati.
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by allanphash7(m): 5:02am On May 09, 2018
You really did well bro

Access bank is nothing but a scam
shevon:

Those ones are just robbers. Sometime last month, I went to fix my phone and forgot my GTB card at home, so I transferred money from my GTB to Access Bank account on the 10th. I also tried to buy N100 airtime to make a quick call that day and it failed, complained about it and the debit was reversed on the 13th.
Could you believe Access Bank charged me N50 for stamp duty for the transaction that occurred on the 13th? When I called, email and called them out on Tweeter to complain that I was charged for getting a refund for a failed transaction, their thieving service reps said it was not for the transaction stated in the narration but for the inflow into my account on the 10th. The simple question I asked was: Are you sure you know the CBN rule concerning stamp duties? They all said they do; I had to go and pull CBN circular showing transactions that were exempted (intra or inter bank self to self transfer, deposits less than N1,000.00 and payments into a savings account). Even the eleribu that I spoke to on the phone was still arguing and asking me if I were a banker. Do I need to be a banker to know my rights?
Last last, I had to start mentioning CBN in my tweets before they reversed the stamp duty. They assumed they were dealing with a Nigerian that will swallow anything they threw at; dem for surprise wetin I for do if dem no reverse my N50 7 days after I reported it. Awon ole jati-jati.
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by Somebodydaddy01: 6:20am On May 09, 2018
Wema na barahoo ..
I was left with 5 thousand plus hoping I’m still rich ...for my eyes like this I buy data for then thief hand ...send me alert and I see 2 k as balance ...my heart shake like say the world don end ...I carry bike enter the bank ...them say ba because I Dey use *945# I was crying in the bank them no even look my face ...I don talk am say if them try am with me again ...I will burn the branch wey Dey my street
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by Marcofranz(m): 8:44am On May 09, 2018
First bank comes to mind. How can a bank deduct 368 naira just for sms alert charge for a month.
Re: CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest by blossomdove(f): 10:00am On May 09, 2018
Access bank is in trouble ...... they will never give they are ready to debit all ur money in ur account

(1) (2) (Reply)

Detailed Guide: How To Register As An Uber Driver in Lagos / Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) / You’re Killing Local Manufacturers –MAN Alerts CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.