Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea (30976 Views)

10 Reasons Nigerian Immigrants Would Enjoy Canada / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / The Difference Between North Korea And South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by olaniyanibukun0: 3:11am On May 12, 2018
kizyalex10:
are u in south korea?which side.am currently in south korea now.bosan
Bro... I dey Daegu..
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by Nobody: 7:14am On May 12, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

How long will Nigerians continue to make sentences using "reason why" in it?

Even i that went to night school dont use "reason why" in my everyay talk....the quality of education has reduced abysmally!!

Just say "10 reasons you should consider studying in South Korea"
Nothing wrong with it. It's no different from, say, "the person who" or, "the place where".

Read more here: http://www.arrantpedantry.com/2013/05/08/the-reason-why-this-is-correct/
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by saipn: 8:11am On May 12, 2018
Fashblonder:
Lol I don't bt I'm a big fan of koreans generally
And you eey talk as if you dey live there lol OK
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by AngelicBeing: 8:13am On May 12, 2018
anibirelawal:
@ OP, North Korea nko grin
Hian shocked

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by jideflows(m): 9:35am On May 12, 2018
Krusty:

Do you study there? If so, what is the tuition like. Is it easy for students to find work while they are studying? How long can someone stay back after their they have graduated? Are there readily available jobs for graduates? How do you cope with the language?
I didn't go there for study.. Just went for a 3 months training but I have some ghanian friends I could ask
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by orlahtohbadt(m): 10:21am On May 12, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Nothing wrong with it. It's no different from, say, "the person who" or, "the place where".

Read more here: http://www.arrantpedantry.com/2013/05/08/the-reason-why-this-is-correct/
Thank you sir... I said so earlier, because people find something redundant doesn't mean it can't be used... Even English Men, the original speakers of the language use those two words together
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by HeWrites(m): 10:34am On May 12, 2018
olaniyanibukun0:
Bro... I dey Daegu..
Check your mail please
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by benebaby77: 12:03pm On May 12, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

How long will Nigerians continue to make sentences using "reason why" in it?

Even i that went to night school dont use "reason why" in my everyay talk....the quality of education has reduced abysmally!!

Just say "10 reasons you should consider studying in South Korea"

Reason why is very correct phrase.... I can give you instances where Oxford and Longman dictionaries use the 'phrase'...
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 12:04pm On May 12, 2018
benebaby77:

Reason why is very correct phrase.... I can give you instances where Oxford and Longman dictionaries use the 'phrase'...

pls do so
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by benebaby77: 12:25pm On May 12, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:

pls do so

See example of such usage from Oxford dictionary....

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by NONNYG: 12:34pm On May 12, 2018
benebaby77:

see customized finger nailgrin
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by orlahtohbadt(m): 1:25pm On May 12, 2018
benebaby77:

It's because of its redundancy that's why people usually think its wrong... I wonder if those whites that can speak Yoruba ever argue if a sentence in Yoruba is wrong as they speak it... If English Men themselves use reason why, how much more we the borrowers of the language.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by benebaby77: 3:50pm On May 12, 2018
NONNYG:
see customized finger nailgrin

Mind me not... Just like them for nothing....
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by olmoRoc: 4:01pm On May 12, 2018

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by benebaby77: 4:05pm On May 12, 2018
orlahtohbadt:
It's because of its redundancy that's why people usually think its wrong... I wonder if those whites that can speak Yoruba ever argue if a sentence in Yoruba is wrong as they speak it... If English Men themselves use reason why, how much more we the borrowers of the language.

You are so point....

Some people reckon it as redundancy and some see the phrase as tautological.

I had read some few English texts authored by Nigerians that opined some phrases to be wrong whereas they were not.

Let us look at the phrase structure

Reason - noun

Why - adverb

The phrase is mostly used in 'question-word' that intends to provide answers or sometimes opinions, and the phrase has never considered wrong by the English language constituent authority . But we second language learners we always want to exhibit 'I too know' disposition.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studyin In South Korea by wink2015(m): 8:07am On Dec 13, 2022
Nice share !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother And Son Die In Road Crash In Taraba (Photos) / Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman / Man Gets Trapped With His Bike In A Gutter After A Horrible Truck Accident. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.