Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP (21580 Views)

Senate Resolution: What Abiola & Kingibe, Families Will Enjoy / Benue Killings: APC Reacts To Buhari’s Statement On IGP / Dino Melaye Wore Academic Gown To Senate Plenary Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by allstarfestus: 2:09pm On May 10, 2018
IGP you want to court and court said they have the right to summon you, yet you didn't go, ,are you not there to protect law and other..., the same law that gave you that post... Now you only protect Fulani buhari and apc governor ... iGP don't kill our democracy
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by RonJeremy: 2:12pm On May 10, 2018
Good to know that the NPF is now officially an armed wing of Buhari’s APC......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Akiika: 2:16pm On May 10, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Show me your friend and I will tell u who u are....
Buhari is a slowpoke
The Senate are morons
The igp is a slowpoke
Even osibanjo has joined the bands of morons

And you are an ignorant blockhead!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Akiika: 2:18pm On May 10, 2018
fineboynl:
Is this not the same police that accused and arrested dino melaye for disobeying a police invitation? The same IGP have been disobeying the senate for quite a number of time now.

Are we really there yet? I never knew we are almost there not to talk of we are already there. Literarily what this means is that the country has already crossed the line of being a fade state. "And becoming in relevant" former US Ambassador Princeton Lyman.
I think your brain works in the reverse. You read A B C from Z to A. Did you understand anything from the police response?
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Akiika: 2:20pm On May 10, 2018
slimfit1:
Senate should call for citizens arrest of the IGP with a reward to follow it. He should attend and refuse to answer individual cases in court and explain why thousands are killed every day.
Seriously! you both ignorant & illiterate. You are not even making any sense.
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by 86bee(f): 2:21pm On May 10, 2018
they surmoned the IGP because of the security crisis in benue,yobe, adamawa e.t.c. senator Dino Melaye's case was just an adendum n not d main reason y dey surmoned d IGP. But Police will always be Police. They r all liers.
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by bigerboy200: 2:23pm On May 10, 2018
hmmm
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by princeade86(m): 2:24pm On May 10, 2018
what dis people don't know is that they are playing with d life of citizenship with this their altitudes. if Senate call any officer to brief them on what is happening in d country, u need to ans them and say ur mind. let all of u dialogue and know what next to do. why running away from senate. will they tie u down? no. no matter how d senate may bad, consider the lives of human being u are wasting daily basis. is not a matter of Senate vs IG, but about human being lives

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Felixv: 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
the reason why these senators feel confident is because Nigerians did not react aggressively towards them when it was discovered that they were milking the country dry ---13m naira running cost.

if these senators were in another country they would probably be lynched by now.

I personally don't care much for the police but am enjoying this show of bravado --I recommend that the IG should redraw all the mopos attached to these useless slimballs.

The last time I saw one of these useless senators he had about 15 fully armed mopo guys surrounding him.
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Jones4190(m): 2:31pm On May 10, 2018
DINO MELAYE
...Now let me bring you up to date of his arrest��‍♂��‍♂

1. Criminals were arrested in Kogi state with AK47 assault riffles.

2. The arrested criminals named DINO as their sponsor

3. Police wrote a letter to Dino for explanation, Dino ignored the letter.

4. A week later, the Police wrote to the Senate, asking for DINO, Senate ignored the letter.

5. A week after again, another invitation to DINO from the SARS headquarters was again extended to DINO, yet, he refused.

6. Police declared him wanted

7. The arrested criminals escaped from their cells, and Dino gave the police 24 hours to produce the criminals.

8. The criminals were all rearrested two days later. Dino was invited again and he for the 5th time refused.

9. At Offa in Kwara State, he was prevented from been arrested by Saraki and the Vigilantes.

10. He was stopped at the Airport by the immigration, and he snatched back his passport from the immigration, and bolted away, before the Police could get there.

11. The police traced him to his house, and laid seige there, when he refused to submit himself for arrest.

12. 24 hours later, Dino submitted himself for arrest.

13. He was taken to SARS headquarters for processing, and then was been taken to Lokoja for an identification parade.

14. In a commando style attack, two white hilux truck slammed into the front end of the security vehicle Dino was in, and in the confusion, Dino bolted into the near by bush.

15. A hot chase by the police got DINO caught, and rearrested.

16. An ambulance from no where appeared, in response to the Police call for an ambulance. The police thinking it was in response to their call, allowed DINO to be conveyed in the ambulance.

17. On discovering that the ambulance belongs to the National Assembly and was DINO getaway Plan B, they chased the Ambulance and caught up with it at Zanklin Hospital, where the driver of the ambulance, Dino and the hospital Director were arrested, and Dino taken custody of, by the Police.

Now you know!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by limanmohammed6: 2:33pm On May 10, 2018
Nothing good will come from our N/ass. They will only react when they touch their member. So, let's vote them out by year 201....
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Emytea(m): 2:47pm On May 10, 2018
DONT NO Y I FUCKING HATE ALL DIS NIGERIAN POLICE MOST ESPECIALY THAT THING CALL SARS .................. Bleep THEM ALL BCAS DEY ARE DISGRACE
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Shome36(m): 2:48pm On May 10, 2018
We're sincerely enjoying this.....I pray it won't stop soon

the bottom line is that they're all not doing it for the masses
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by lowaist101: 2:49pm On May 10, 2018
I Read This Response From The Police And I Want To Make An Allusion. Section 215 Talks About Appointment Of The IGP And Section 216 Talks About Delegation Of Powers From The Police Council To The IGP. So, Is The Senate Wrong Or Right On Insisting On The IGP Appearing Personally Or In Tagging The IGP An Enemy Of Democracy? And Perhaps Stereotype Is At Work Here!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by pyx: 2:50pm On May 10, 2018
We have senators from various political parties that have metamorphosed into pressure group and united for their personal gains. They are rude and expect respect in return, they take nigerians for granted and play on our intelligence. What is the senate members interest in a member who was alleged of conspiracy with criminals? I remembered when these hoodlums escaped from detention, the senators accused the igp of intention to malign the person of dino, now is time for dino to confront his hired associate but he choose to be above the law. What is the difference between dino and evans?
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Ikegagwuha: 2:57pm On May 10, 2018
This is a rape to democracy happening under the leadership of Buhari and his APC government. Imagine IGP disobeying the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by tallceejay(m): 3:47pm On May 10, 2018
but lets face it, if u think Dino is guilty click Yes, not guilty, Share
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 10, 2018
Well if he is persona non grata and the memo is sent to all embassies, the IG cannot be given a visa out of Nigeria anymore. very good development. No one is abopve the country
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 10, 2018
i have never heard of such a thing happening in any country, Hameed Ali set a bad precedence and Buhari gondoened this act of lawlessness and impunity. the world is watching
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Catastrophe1: 4:42pm On May 10, 2018
Buhari be beating the drum the IG is dancing to.
Fvck Nigeria police. They expect you to honor their invitation but wouldn't honor several invitation by the national assembly .
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by ymaruf01: 5:01pm On May 10, 2018
our senator no sabi law dt is y day are just after fat salary as usual instead of dem to Sumon minster of interior or Accountant general of federation dy busy witch hunt IGP just bcs of one Senator just imagine! dy shld plz as former president of Egypt
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by felaismyhero(m): 5:13pm On May 10, 2018
[/quote]u are saying rubbish sir,first of all,the senate has the right to summon anyone as far as he is a nigerian.they can summon on any issue.secondly,u are rite saying he can be represented by his deputies,but very wrong to accuse d senate of arrogance-it was d third time for Bleep's sake.thirdly,his temerity comes out of d fact dat he is part of d cabal,and members of any successful cabal are above the law.hameed ali is another example.the only thing that justifies him to some extent is d fact that he claims to be summoned for official not personal reasons.
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by felaismyhero(m): 5:27pm On May 10, 2018
Felixv:
the reason why these senators feel confident is because Nigerians did not react aggressively towards them when it was discovered that they were milking the country dry ---13m naira running cost.

if these senators were in another country they would probably be lynched by now.

I personally don't care much for the police but am enjoying this show of bravado --I recommend that the IG should redraw all the mopos attached to these useless slimballs.

The last time I saw one of these useless senators he had about 15 fully armed mopo guys surrounding him.
u are right my brother,thats y i can never support the senate or the house in any issue.they are the very definition of our problems as a country: greed,insensitivity,hypocrisy.but buhari is a failure,he and his co-cabalists running this country.i hope he(buhari) would relinquish power if he loses in the election(tho i see him winning),cause he and his cabal seem to have a long term plan of wrecking this nation.
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by CtsomVarsity(m): 5:32pm On May 10, 2018
How can one make his ways prosperous if both are not law abiding citizens
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by 2016v2017: 5:48pm On May 10, 2018
Annie939:
buhari and his appointees are above the law
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Masculity(m): 6:29pm On May 10, 2018
midolian:

Abeegi, leave story!

There is an adage that says "If you dont know where you are going, any road will take you there"..I am sure you didnt read the epistle up there, hence your 'melayeous' comment.

And here is the part you need most: In accordance with the extant laws in Nigeria, the functions, duties and responsibilities of the Inspector General of Police as stated in Section 215(1a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended, and the Police Act and Regulations Section 309(1) can also be carried out as mentioned in sections 7(1),312(1), 313(2) of the Police Act and Regulationsby a senior officer of the Force of the Rank of Deputy Inspector General of Police or an Assistant Inspector Generalof Police who if permitted by the Inspector General of Police to act on his behalf or represent him in an official capacity at any official function, event orprogramme within and outside Nigeria can do so in consonant with the provisions of the Police Act and Regulations.

Anyone other than the enemies of Nigeria supporting the Senate on this should have his head checked. The part of the constitution emboldened above clearly allows for a representation which makes the IG free from any blame. He even dignified the Senate by sending a representative despite knowing he was being invited cos of the case of Dino at hand. "Herdsmen" killing and violence have been on for many months now and he was never invited until Dino had a case with the police. Same thing happened when Saraki was standing trial at the CCT...

For how long will we continue like this? The Senate will hardly invite anyone for questioning If they have nothing to gain from it. The Senate will abandon its legislative duties just to pay a visit to a member facing criminal charges.. The same Senate President that refused to confim Magu cos he claimed Magu has corruption cases declared yesterday that the Senate is with him in the fight against corruption (how ridiculous!)...Does this look right in your eyes?

you are the kind of person that make nairaland a better place.. Thanks keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by GistFullGround: 6:41pm On May 10, 2018
Why can't the Senate impeach the IGP or is there no law in Nigeria mandating them to do this?
Also, after the Senate, which is the representatives of the Nigerian people impeach him, and he refuses to leave, no money should be allocated to the Nigerian Police in the Budget. By the time hardship hit the Police, they would be forced to remove this disgrace of an IGP.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by franka19: 9:41pm On May 10, 2018
Our Senators dose not know their job. Have they not seen where the President will send his vise to represent him. What of teh Senate President, will he say that he has not sent his any of his subordinates to represent him in an event?

IG should stay in his office and let those guys at the senate looting our resources do their worst. look at the number of cars Dino Malaye displays. Even Dangote with his legitimate resources has never displayed what Dino is doing. Let Dino be probed to tell the world how he came about his resources.
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by slimfit1(m): 12:52am On May 11, 2018
Akiika:

Seriously! you both ignorant & illiterate. You are not even making any sense.

I'm surprised that you are not an illiterate yet replied me like one is.
If I'm an illiterate what is the meaning of citizens arrest professor? Dont goggle it oh. I'm ignorant because you have never had that word in a democratic settings before.
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Oxalic(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2018
But the IGP's Constitutional responsibility of protecting life and property does not include Benue State, right?

So much hypocrisy and dishonesty.

So sad.
Re: Nigeria Police Responds To Senate Resolution On IGP by Bluezy13(m): 11:17pm On Jul 07, 2018
Don't be scared, don't you worry...Oyindidi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi / Dapo Abiodun Rolls Out Palliative Measures In Ogun State / Onnoghen's Absence Sparks Heated Argument At CCT (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.