Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace (26601 Views)

State Police: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Excited Yet – Fani-kayode / 15 Igbo Billionaires To Fund Bianca Ojukwu’s Election Into Senate - Ohakim / Difference Between Senate And House Of Reps. Nigerians Answer (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by Limitednow: 12:15pm On May 10, 2018
THE Nigeria Police has narrated why thugs overpowered its personnel at the National Assembly, gained entrance into the legislative chamber of the Nigerian Senate in broad day light and stole the chamber’s symbol of authority, the Mace.

Thugs had last month attacked the Senate while plenary was on and carted away the Mace in the presence of lawmakers and security personnel.

The incident raised concerns in some quarters how the thugs were able to gain entrance into the chamber despite all the security personnel attached to the National Assembly.

Narrating how they were overpowered by the thugs, the Sergeant-at-Arms to the National Assembly, Brighton Danwalex, said lack of non-functional security gadgets to enhance operational capacity was why the hoodlums gained entrance into the complex and carted away the Mace.

Danwalex stated this when he appeared before an investigative hearing into the incident by joint ad hoc committee probing the incident on Wednesday.

“There is no functional walkie-talkie; we would have alerted all the exit points.

“The CCTV is not functioning and there is only one operational patrol vehicle and the entrance into the white house requires biometric doors,” he said.

Danwalex said that report from investigation after the incident revealed that a senator, Ali Ndume, instructed the men assigned to protect the mace not to touch it during the invasion.

According to him, it was wrong for them to take orders from Mr Ndume.

“Security men are having challenges with some legislators because they don’t want to follow checks,” Danwalex said.

Narrating his own side of what transpired, the Divisional Police Officer in the National Assembly, Sulu-Gambari Abdul said what happened was an internal conspiracy.

Mr Abdul said what played out at the National Assembly on the said day the incident occurred was a conspiracy between some security agencies and some lawmakers.

“There should be a synergy between security agencies and the lawmakers but in this case the attack came from the roof as the senators are not helping security matters.

“On April 16, there was an earlier hint that a group planned to invade the National Assembly and disrupt activities, which called for a build-up of security with two units of mobile police mobilised to the complex.

“However, on April 18, at about 11 a.m., my attention was drawn to a group protesting at the gate, and while I moved to address the group I was informed that some people were running away with the mace.

“I signalled all the entry points that nobody drives in or out but three men approached me identifying themselves as security operatives and requested to be allowed to go.

“The strain of blood on their clothes made me suspicious and I ordered that they should be arrested.

“In all, six people were arrested same day and handed over to the Force Headquarters alongside charms recovered from them.

“In addition, an unmarked Prado jeep and a Toyota Hilux were impounded and they are with the police.

“It was later that I observed that the protest was a diversionary attention to move me out and that the protesters were same group with those that attacked,” Abdul said.

https://www.headlineng.com/nass-dpo-thugs-gained-entrance-stole-senate-mace/
Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by ebuk4real(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2018
Did I hear them say non-functional gadgets?

Can one tell these jokers that working with non-functional gadgets at the Senate is an indictment on the IGP & the presidency by extension. It then means the act of omission that led to the stolen mace was premeditated. If in doubt, let them find out if the same force in the presidency works with 'non-functional' gadgets...

This country really stinks, especially when politics is in the mix...

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by AAlozie(m): 12:33pm On May 10, 2018
Shameless people. You only know how to extort money from motorists.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by Bossontop(m): 2:27pm On May 10, 2018
undecided
DiS film now na MACE RUNNER ORIGINS
LOL......

23 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by Deivid10(m): 2:27pm On May 10, 2018
This same country where jakenda police station closes by 4:30pm "due to security reasons"

Excuse will not kee u people

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by Limitednow: 2:27pm On May 10, 2018
grin

Abeg, Presidency hand dey this game!

7 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by Bustincole(m): 2:28pm On May 10, 2018
Police have no power wen it come to thugs

but dey gain dare strength wen dey see innocent pple

Bastard police

18 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by cyberpelumy(m): 2:28pm On May 10, 2018
Oh my dear Nigeria!

Assuming im not a Nigerian and i live in another country i may believe news like this to be a *comedy* skit, a whole National Assembly! Chai,the gods are really angry at us lolz...This one weak me pass battery low

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:28pm On May 10, 2018
embarassed
Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by CriticMaestro: 2:29pm On May 10, 2018
Owk so what
Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by chinavs9ja(m): 2:29pm On May 10, 2018
Police still explaining how thugs overpower them in a sane country?

I am a writer check my signature

1 Like

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by chrisbaxtian(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
this people are useless sha! I am sorry to say this, but I am highly disappointed in the police force

4 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by Kneephy(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
No one is ready to take the blame
Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by talk2saintify(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
shocked
Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by addikt(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
I don't even have to read this ....hahahaha, WORD DEY YOUR MOUTH ??...not even militants or boko, ordinary Oshodi thugs grin

3 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by IamHopeful(f): 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
Gibberish!

2 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by brainpower(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
Police officers are trained in physical combat too. Actually, they are supposed to chase the hoodlums to wherever they ran to without any gadgets. There are cars they can get from anyone as long as they shows that they the police and itavan emergency.

They are looking for a way to blame the Senate again for their laxity.

4 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by MistadeRegal(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
grin
Thugs overpower Federal Police and broke into Senate House.
And somebody believed on them for security....

7 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by horia: 2:30pm On May 10, 2018
Even the police have got their problems. wink

4 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by maxiuc(m): 2:31pm On May 10, 2018
grin
Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by princeade86(m): 2:32pm On May 10, 2018
hmmmmmm. speechless. no security in dis country at all.

1 Like

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by Adekdammy: 2:32pm On May 10, 2018
You mean no working security gadgets at the national assembly, yet that is where they share our tax payers money, what is the hope of the common man as regards security matters? only God can save the masses from these polithievians.

8 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by annnikky(f): 2:33pm On May 10, 2018
Naija my con3.

If thugs can overpower all the securities in the senate building to cat away the symbol of authority that means wahala dey for this con3 undecided

3 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by MistadeRegal(m): 2:33pm On May 10, 2018
brainpower:
Police officers are trained in physical combat too. Actually, they are supposed to chase the hoodlums to wherever they ran to without any gadgets. There are cars they can get from anyone as long as they shows that they the police and itavan emergency.

They are looking for a way to blame the Senate again for their laxity.

cheesy
If a policeman asks for your key in Nigeria, wil you give him to chase anyone?
Derby Game.

6 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by Narijoel(m): 2:35pm On May 10, 2018
AAlozie:
Shameless people. You only know how to extort money from motorists.

6 Likes

Re: Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace by oshe11: 2:35pm On May 10, 2018
Is the IGP not suppose to provide these things?

Mumu thought he was "doing" the Sinators not knowing he is doing himself, the presidency and the IGP

Trump shud coman colonise US

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Returns To Abuja With “Special Assignment’’ From World Body / Enugu: Ejikeme Omeje Is Dead! (APC House Of Reps Candidate Dies In Autocrash) / Senate Forced Into Closed Door Meeting Over Ministerial Nominees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.