Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,108 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? (954 Views)

Why Do Rich People Prefer Helping Outside To Helping Their Relatives? It's Commo / Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor / What People Don't Know: Why We Pray With Alligator Pepper And Kolanut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? by NManonymous(m): 12:13am On May 11, 2018
Why is it that most "rich" people don't help their own sibblings.?? when they know how their siblings are suffering.
Re: Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? by saintvc(m): 12:18am On May 11, 2018
WHO the siblings help

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? by Nobody: 12:42am On May 11, 2018
okay here is the thing, Rich people worked hard to enrich themselves and they expect their siblings to follow suit. They could help when you intend to start up a business or invest more in a business for returns but helping you on the daily for miscellaneous expenses is a No No, more or less like giving you fish when you capable to be taught how to fish.

Another reason is, They secretly got your back since you family but you wouldn't know, they just want you to hustle for yourself like as if they were never rich to notice your struggle and when you fail, They can help you start again but just want you to try on your own first.

Another reason which is rarely talked about is RESPECT, It's a known fact that one with the money commands respect and authority so when you enjoy that privilege in a family whereby your word is final, it's hard to help another member in that family to get on your level so no one shares that authority figure you enjoy.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? by Cutehector(m): 5:54am On May 11, 2018
aaronson:
okay here is the thing, Rich people worked hard to enrich themselves and they expect their siblings to follow suit. They could help when you intend to start up a business or invest more in a business for returns but helping you on the daily for miscellaneous expenses is a No No, more or less like giving you fish when you capable to be taught how to fish.

Another reason is, They secretly got your back since you family but you wouldn't know, they just want you to hustle for yourself like as if they were never rich to notice your struggle and when you fail, They can help you start again but just want you to try on your own first.

Another reason which is rarely talked about is RESPECT, It's a known fact that one with the money commands respect and authority so when you enjoy that privilege in a family whereby your word is final, it's hard to help another member in that family to get on your level so no one shares that authority figure you enjoy.

true, because they know when you get to their own level, you start to rub shoulders with them.
Re: Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 11, 2018
Mostly because in Africa, people have a sense of entitlement. Your siblings will start scolding you for giving them too little pocket money, your parents will start giving you plans of their dream house ... every body else will stop trying to help themselves and wait for their rich brother to take care of everything

I know someone summoned by parents and informed that as a firstborn undecided She was supposed to buy land build a family home back in the village - for her parents, brothers and sisters. I wanted to tell her there is no such African culture. I shut my mouth in awe. But I advised her to ensure the title was in her name cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? by CoolOg: 4:05pm On May 11, 2018
You are just seeing it that way, most of this siblings will not want to try to be on their own by investing whatever was giving to them by thier bro/sis but rather larvish it then return for another cash they naturally believe it his duty.

Another reason is that some of this millionaire were never supported when hustling even though some of their elder bro or sis now requesting for this and that were capable of assisting them one way or the other. Not all millionaire will forget about this bad memories.

And so on jare.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? by ImaIma1(f): 4:46pm On May 11, 2018
Muafrika2:
Mostly because in Africa, people have a sense of entitlement. Your siblings will start scolding you for giving them too little pocket money, your parents will start giving you plans of their dream house ... every body else will stop trying to help themselves and wait for their rich brother to take care of everything

I know someone summoned by parents and informed that as a firstborn undecided She was supposed to buy land build a family home back in the village - for her parents, brothers and sisters. I wanted to tell her there is no such African culture. I shut my mouth in awe. But I advised her to ensure the title was in her name cool

How come the father did not build the house for his children but is using authority to make his child build it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 11, 2018
ImaIma1:

How come the father did not build the house for his children but is using authority to make his child build it.
Exactly my point
Re: Why Is It That Most "Rich" People Don't .?? by Acidosis(m): 4:50pm On May 11, 2018
Reason is because the so called rich relative is also looking for more money. That man or woman is "rich" in your views because you don't have as much as he/she does. That "rich" relative of yours is also looking up to someone, another richer man, so he's striving day and night trying to be "rich".

You have N500k and you're looking up to your rich uncle to help you because he has N5m. You forget that you're also a rich man to someone with just N5k or N50k. Someone is looking at you as a rich man too; some people are somewhere waiting for you to help them.

If you have never helped someone that is looking at you as a rich man, do not castigate that your rich uncle because he's also looking out to be helped by another rich man. Somehow, we are all "rich" and we are expected to help one another. Btw, who is a rich man? Can you define who a rich man is? Anyone that has more money than you do?

You can never be too poor to help someone, and you can never be too rich to be helped. You need help, yes, so does the rich man next door!

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Am A Failure I Wish I Could Donate All My Body Parts Out / Four Reasons Why You Should not Allow Yourself To Become A Baby Mama / Gender Equality, Advantages And Disadvantages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.