Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors (15583 Views)

Magu, Going The Way Of His Predecessors? / Seven Governors, Predecessors At War Over N872b ‘debts’ (names) / Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by PMBNG(m): 8:23am On May 11, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari is still better his predecessors, former governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole, has said.

Mr Oshiomhole stated this when he officially made his aspiration to become the National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), known in Abuja on Thursday.

He is expected to be the main challenger to the incumbent chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun, if the latter decides to seek re-election.

Both men are from Edo State and are former governors of the state.

A meeting by APC state chairpersons and leaders in the South-south ended in acrimony due to the ambition of both men.

Mr Oshiomhole, however, enjoys the support of President Muhammadu Buhari. He is also believed to enjoy the support of a leader of the APC, Bola Tinubu; thus putting him in good stead to emerge the national chairman.

The former labour leader opined that President Buhari is not a ‘thief’ and this alone makes him much better than his predecessors.

“I want to assure Nigerians that I believe with a new leadership of the APC and with our president, whom I believe is ever determined, no matter what anybody wants to say, there will be time to engage in all of those contestations as we approach 2019 electioneering campaign and those who wish to contest on various party platforms come to the open, we will know the players, we will know their coach, we will be able to engage.

“Until then, so that I don’t change headlines, there is only one thing I want to say here and now, that the worst critic of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, will agree that the president is not a thief. President Buhari is not a thief. That, for me, is the starting point and we will challenge others,” said Oshiomhole.

Earlier, he said the reason for his intention is to reposition, re-organise and make the All Progressives Congress (APC) a “digital party.”

“I believe that with the zeal to work with the executive and legislative arms of government, we will engender renewed public confidence and support for our party and government at all levels,” he said.

Oshiomhole assured that the principle of separation of powers will be upheld under his watch as chairman but warned that he will not be a toy, at the disposal of anybody, and stressed that there will no longer be graveyard silence on issues concerning the party.

“As I present myself for the position of the national chairman of our great party, it is pertinent to reflect on what constitutes the APC. The APC is a progressive party which represents the collective will of all the members of the party in all the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

“It is my hope that if, and when elected as national chairman of the party, we will reposition and re-organise the party based on its philosophy of social democracy, which basically means people-oriented, membership driven and mass-based political organisation. To be able to translate these into concrete action that is visible and verifiable.

“Under our leadership, we will naturally have to do a couple of things differently, in the day to day management of the party, while interfacing with all those elected on the platform of the party at all levels.”

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/oshiomhole-buhari-still-better-predecessors/

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by fergie001: 8:25am On May 11, 2018
He is better than his predecessors because he is not a 'thief'

Who is a thief?
"a person who steals another person's property, especially by stealth and without using force or threat of violence."

He welcomed Maina,Sylva,Kanu,Obanikoro,Amaechi,Fayemi,and Magu(who was indicted by Waziri),and so many others and yet not a thief....
So going to London as if you are trekking from Alakija to 3rd gate on our money isn't stealth or "thievery"?
You are competent,yet appoint people who are below you in capacity and A1 in embezzlement?

Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm...

Buhari is as corrupt and as much as a thief as his predecessors,
the only difference is his predecessors invest in academics, farming,chairing election observer monitoring teams ,schooling, even go to get PhD....but no economic sense to develop anything for himself....

The days are gone where Oshiomhole will swerve and thrill us with his labour and boisterous stance,hunger has put our brains in perspective....except you sniff COW DUNG,you will not support someone who has bathed with blood to become President.
Someone who has bathed the dogs and the baboons..a tyrant,a dictator,a nepotistic fascist..........
Even re.tards know he has failed,why they support him is for interests asinine to all living things (religion,#30000,etc),these are the real enemies that even the devil will shudder.......

Teidi Tosin Olawale (from Osun State, BSc Computer Science)
Nkwazema Anslem Chukwunonyerem (Imo State, HND Electrical Electronic Engineering),
Okpokiri Obinna Michael (Abia State, BSc Environmental Management).
Adowei Elliot (Bayelsa State, BSc Computer Science)
Adewunmi Seun Paul (Ekiti State, BSc, Social Sciences).
Adeniji Kehinde Jehleel (Osun State, BSc Banking & Finance).
Gbenjo Ebenezer Ayotunde (Osun State, BSc, Education Economics)
Ukeoma Ikechukwu Chibuzor (Imo State, BSc Medical Microbiology)
Akonyi Ibrahim Sule (Kogi State, HND Business Administration).
(These are part of the victims of Buhari's minions)

Rip,guys

We will listen to you and your paymaster,when you tell us how these promising young men lost their lives or "you two,go and die"

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by GavelSlam: 8:25am On May 11, 2018
Buhari is a blessing to the nation.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by PMBNG(m): 8:25am On May 11, 2018
grin
Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by hisgrace090: 8:26am On May 11, 2018
Mr oshomhole the masses can allow you to become the next APC chairman but not to brainwash them with buhari stories.

21 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by PMBNG(m): 8:31am On May 11, 2018
lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by fineboynl(m): 8:39am On May 11, 2018
politicians can do anything for appointment. oshiomole have left office for quite a number of time now and became irrelevant in the political space. he has been fighting for federal appointment all this while and he knows that buhari has failed but just anything that will put him to be relevant again and ofcourse some money. afterall he once said go and die

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by saaron(m): 8:47am On May 11, 2018
In ten years after terrorist buhari is exposed of all terrorist activities he sponsor through Nigerian security agencies and his collaborations with boko haram, Oshiomole will deny Buhari.
This is life for you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Bayajidda1: 12:21pm On May 11, 2018
grin
Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2018
This man is officially mad

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Bayajidda1: 12:22pm On May 11, 2018
saaron:
In ten years after terrorist buhari is exposed of all terrorist activities he sponsor through Nigerian security agencies and his collaborations with boko haram, Oshiomole will deny Buhari.
This is life for you.

T
Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Impregnable101: 12:22pm On May 11, 2018
This man is a disgrace to edo state

15 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by nairavsdollars(f): 12:22pm On May 11, 2018
Comrade foreign goods. What else will you say after he has endorsed you for APC chair?

13 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by HeWrites(m): 12:22pm On May 11, 2018
Your OSHI will later MOLE when thunder has struck you finish.

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by nymphomaniac(m): 12:23pm On May 11, 2018
If buhari isn't the man for 2019, who is? That's just my headache. They are all as bad as the man sadly.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Rexnegro(m): 12:23pm On May 11, 2018
true
Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 11, 2018
grin
Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by ALAYORMII: 12:23pm On May 11, 2018
Basket mouth wan start to leak again ooo

In Fela's voice

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Suplexx: 12:24pm On May 11, 2018
Oshobaba
Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by LazyNairalander(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2018
if I am the anointed APC chairman in waiting I will say same I mean who wouldn't say so when buhari has made you king in the making.

see my signature jare and thank me later.
Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Nairalandmentor(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2018
grin grin

Need a website design? Get started without advanced payments. Check my signature

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by kotopazi: 12:25pm On May 11, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by maestrojohn(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2018
Just because you want that position badly, as.s lickers.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by PointZerom: 12:26pm On May 11, 2018
GavelSlam:
Like Abacha, Buhari is not a thief.

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by askorlogy: 12:26pm On May 11, 2018
GavelSlam:

Please explain

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 11, 2018
Afonja blood in him is not giving up. Remember he is one of those ugly edo people with Afonja ancestry. When I see Edo people, I can tell those with Igbo ancestry like Ovia from Igbanke, and those with afonja ancestry like Oshiomole

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by josephobaro(m): 12:26pm On May 11, 2018
Not being a thief is enough to make you a good leader.
You can not be a thief but a slowpoke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Benblaq(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2018
We record the most death in his tenure. Which kind money wey person wan thief wey pass another man life. Buhari must go Our corruption must come (atleast lives are safer during corruption's regime)

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Millz404(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2018
Buhari is not better than anybody dead or alive

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by Johnrake69: 12:28pm On May 11, 2018
Sorry, it's no more working. You guys should look another thing to campaign with.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by PointZerom: 12:28pm On May 11, 2018
GavelSlam:
Like Abacha, Buhari is not a thief.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: Why Buhari Is Still Better Than His Predecessors by shamecurls(m): 12:28pm On May 11, 2018
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

2023 Ascerta!

5% will have to wail till then and after.

I just hope they won't start agitation for secession after 2019 when Buhari wins the coming election

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Poll: Why Obi Must Win — Afenifere Leader, Pa Adebanjo / Neither Tinubu Nor Atiku Forged Credentials With INEC-Kperogi / Pantami Accuses Security Agencies Of Not Using NIN-SIM Policy To Track Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.