Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo (10407 Views)

Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors / Atiku On Course To Win, Buhari Should Pack His Bags – Fani-kayode / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by nengi91: 8:27am On May 11, 2018
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said that the country is on course to effectively tackle poverty and unemployment through its micro-economic planning and Social Investment Programmes.

Osinbajo said this on Thursday when a delegation of senior officials from the World Bank, led by the World Bank Group Executive Director for Italy, Mr Patrizio Pagano, visited him at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The group of 10 Executive Directors, on a working visit to Nigeria represents 93 countries from across Africa, Asia, Central America and Europe.

The Vice President further said the Buhari administration was determined to tackle corruption to bring economic prosperity for Nigeria.

“There is a tendency to assume that if we get just a number of things right in our micro-economic planning, for instance, to promote trade and so on, we would be able to deal with the issues of poverty through a trickle down policy.

“”But unfortunately, here, this is not necessarily the case. We might get the micro issues right and still have the problems, especially of poverty.

“In terms of systematic policy, you have to keep innovating, looking for what works, tweaking it here and there.

““Also, if you don’t deal with issues around corruption, it becomes difficult. If we allow resources to be pilfered and wasted, then the whole idea of economic prosperity is difficult.

“”So we have programmes and initiatives in place that promote accountability, like Treasury Single Account (TSA), and other policies,” the Vice President added.

Osinbajo said that the Buhari administration’s Social Investment Programmes were targeted at ensuring inclusion and taking millions of Nigerians out of poverty.

“So, the question for us is how to ensure inclusion or inclusivity, how to get millions of our very poor people into the economy, how to structure our budget in such a way that recognises that.

“”That is why we set up the N500 billion Social Investment Programmes.

“”Though we are not spending anything near that yet, it is an important statement for us to address the question of inclusivity,’’ he stated..

On Nigeria’s role in West Africa, the Vice President noted that, “Nigeria is very involved in the region in the areas of security.

“”We promote regional cooperation and we also try to address issues of dumping, and the smuggling of rice and poultry products.”

Osinbajo highlighted the importance of regional cooperation in the area of trade adding that he met with the President of Benin recently in Togo, where they discussed ways in which Nigeria and its neighbours could effectively resolve the issue of smuggling.

The World Bank Director, Mr Patrizio Pagano, commended the Federal Government for its economic reforms, adding that the Bank would fully support the country in achieving sustainable growth.(NAN)

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/thenationonlineng.net/osinbajo-says-nigeria-on-course-to-tackle-poverty-unemployment/amp/

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by three: 8:29am On May 11, 2018

56 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by fawaz22(m): 8:30am On May 11, 2018
that may eventually happen but not under you nd bahubali administration

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:31am On May 11, 2018
Hahaha

Election around the corner and all of a sudden
Smh

Propaganda just won't.cut it this time around

Let.me help this thief out ..it will soon be $1 to N1

Fule will soon be N40 per liter

What is subsidy ?? It is a scam!!

It shouldn't take any serious government more than 2 year to achieve 24 hrs power supply in Nigeria

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by vizkiz: 8:39am On May 11, 2018
Yes oh.

The only way we can tackle poverty is sending you back to redeem camp and PMB back to Duara

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:46am On May 11, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

After 3years plus, still on course...??

I tire for this country

☣ ☠

27 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by izombie(m): 9:48am On May 11, 2018
Honestly, I Don dey dislike osinbajo.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by possibility1234: 10:36am On May 11, 2018
Not all professors are wise...

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Mcphamous(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2018
your administration has been a very reliable one,kudos to buhari/osinbajo administration,GOD bless you for coming our way,you have really affected this country positively,come 2019 am going to vote you in again cos i cant afford to go bck to the way i was before

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by aliminco(m): 11:06am On May 11, 2018
I believe you are committed to achieve that, God will guide and help you. is not easy to do something in Our country, in fact if you are helping them, they will never appreciate it having it in mind that you have your hiding agenda for doing the good. God will Bless us in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Archangel15: 11:06am On May 11, 2018
[s]
Mcphamous:
your administration has been a very reliable one,kudos to buhari/osinbajo administration,GOD bless you for coming our way,you have really affected this country positively,come 2019 am going to vote you in again cos i cant afford to go bck to the way i was before
[/s]

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by spartanman007(m): 11:12am On May 11, 2018
This is a program designed to help and encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship which will into improve and develop the economy. It will as well create self employment opportunities for those that will be beneficiaries. Corruption has been a major cankerworm eating deep into the economy of the country and that is why the country which is blessed and naturally endowed with numerous natural resources, human resources is still in this condition.
The present administration is really doing it best to fight corruption but the opposition is also doing it best to frustrate this fight. My prayer is people will not fall for their evil schemes . GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by gentleguy1975: 11:20am On May 11, 2018
really
Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Omotolatolulope(f): 11:21am On May 11, 2018
Nigeria on course to tackle poverty and unemployment.....I agree, this is evident by the national social investment programme initiated by this administration, which has touched so many lives. Rightly said, we are on course, we will get there soon! Positivemindset

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by opeyemicollins(m): 11:24am On May 11, 2018
If the V.president said so ,the government will surely do that for the people of this country,we believe in the current administration of this great country.we are getting closer and we will get there soon...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by kenrajmill(m): 11:24am On May 11, 2018
We shall be freed from the problem of unemployment in this country, solution to every problems is a step-by-step method. Things cannot be done in a day... It takes a lot of work, stress and dedication to succeed. The programs initiated by the VP will help the masses to cater for their needs and help the country as a whole. All these programs (N-Power, MSME Clinic, Nation's Home Grown School feeding Program, Conditional cash Transfer, GEEP, etc) are benefit for all. Your contributions towards the Nation building is really commendable for the country to move forward.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by buhariguy(m): 11:27am On May 11, 2018
Is osinbajo again?

The jobless lazy Idiotic pigs of Biafra should be happy for this kind of hope given to them by this government.

They will still insult the government for doing better than the past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by dareal199(m): 11:27am On May 11, 2018
Who told you that, i bet the government have been doing everything in their power to curb out and tackle the corruption, poverty and unemployment, regarding the unemployment, various programs have been put in place to tackle it The like of the SIP programs and others
fawaz22:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by opeyemicollins(m): 11:27am On May 11, 2018
Zombie,why did you hate him?is it because he is doing a great job for this country or why?because as for me i havent seen a vice president in the history of this country that is more active than him

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by opeyemicollins(m): 11:30am On May 11, 2018
possibility,you know that this one is wise and active,the most vibrant Vice president that nigeria will have

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Walexddon20(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2018
If we don't tackle and kill poverty and unemployment now, it will eventually kill us some day. I give kudos the present administration for making a bold move towards fighting these two virus and disease eating us deep into the marrow. No nation grow and develop while living with these two deadly malady. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by abiodunosin(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2018
fawaz22:

Brother please educate us about your view on this matter......i don't understand what u mean by bahubali administration o but i know that what the Vice President says is achievable, even with National Social Intervention Programme, unemployment problems is been addressed. Programme such as National Home Grown School Feeding Programme have provide capital resources to a peasant farmer, local cook and encourage youths to go back to farm.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 11:37am On May 11, 2018
dareal199:
Who told you that, i bet the government have been doing everything in their power to curb out and tackle the corruption, poverty and unemployment, regarding the unemployment, various programs have been put in place to tackle it The like of the SIP programs and others

Not the matter of may " it is already happening. ...only if u can't see it..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Kang2616: 11:40am On May 11, 2018
Why are you disliking him? Is it because he is saying the truth? See PDP has caused a greater harm to this country.
izombie:
Honestly, I Don dey dislike osinbajo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Kang2616: 11:43am On May 11, 2018
Well i did not expect PMB/PYO to clean a damage caused 16 years ago with just 4 years. We still have to give them more years to deliver to us good service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2018
possibility1234:
Not all professors are wise...

But some in likes of osinbajo are wise o, ,,,,I don't know about the on unwise one like ur prof if you know any sa.. ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by abiodunosin(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=vizkiz post=67462731]
[color=#000099]Yes oh.

The only way we can tackle poverty is sending you back to redeem camp and PMB back to Duara
[/co

Thank God you are committing him in to the hands of God......But if he eventually emerge come 2019 what would you do?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 11:46am On May 11, 2018
Kang2616:
Why are you disliking him? Is it because he is saying the truth? See PDP has caused a greater harm to this country.

For doing great job? ?? Omo Nigeria sa.. .we no dey appreciate anything. ..there is God ooo
Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 11:49am On May 11, 2018
[quote author=abiodunosin post=67467747][/quote]

He will go and jump inside Lagoon now.. .ahahahah..
Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by KINGEvidence: 11:56am On May 11, 2018
opposition party is only hunting a shadow by wailing unnecesssary without appreciating the best of this present government trying possible to tackle proverty and decrease unemployment..keep the good work continue sir...ride one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is On Course To Tackle Poverty, Unemployment – Osinbajo by dareal199(m): 11:59am On May 11, 2018
I know for sure the issue of Unemployment and Poverty and as come and been sent away now, the Merciful Government we have as done things in their might to fulfill their promises to we citizens and the programs as really eradicate poverty and the likes. God Bless Our President , Our Vice President and Our Country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback: American Reporter Michael Weiss Reports On Tinubu's $460k Heroin Case / I Will Arrest Politicians Sponsoring Banditry In Zamfara – Governor Matawalle / Sokoto State PDP Flags-Off Gubernatorial Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.