Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,617 members, 7,827,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health (11870 Views)

Imarah 'Dr Tomi’s Haven': Lack Of Regular Sex Can Make You Lose Your Job / How Wearing Boxers Could Improve A Man's Sperm Count And Improve Sperm Quality / Any Diet Or Drug To Become Fat And Add Weight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by ojotobiloba1: 7:29am On May 12, 2018
Newsprex:
Bloody lie... I queue for almost 18 hours in first bank yesterday, my pot bellie never go...
This nigga can lie for africa . 18 hours standing, how many hours is the bank working duration sef?

2 Likes

Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by showafrica(m): 7:31am On May 12, 2018
Newsprex:
Bloody lie... I queue for almost 18 hours in first bank yesterday, my pot bellie never go...

Lol, no be small
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by MystiqueReine(f): 7:32am On May 12, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Its not as easy as it sounds. I tried it at the office once it wasnt funny. You need to keep practicing and increasing the length of time.
Then you need to ditch the high heeled shoes
I'm actually too lazy to stand for a long time doing nothing so this standing thing isn't going to happen anytime soon

I don't wear heels
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by AreaFada2: 7:44am On May 12, 2018
It is not a magic bullet.

Over time it does help. But if you stand and guzzle soda and lots of unhealthy food, it won't cut it. But only as part of a general healthy living habit.

You certainly use more energy standing than sitting.

1 Like

Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by lurvy: 7:52am On May 12, 2018
WARNING!! If you stand for long periods, you stand a risk of developing varicose veins which could be fatal if blood clots develop.

1 Like

Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by theresawilson: 7:53am On May 12, 2018
Is more than one waiting queue management system in hospital (3 or more in the system). The speed queue management systems can be changed at any time, even if the machine is working. You want to know the average waiting time under these two policies. Jon Los, president of Melanoma, is experimenting with a new kind of stores and has queue management system in hospital remodeled one of them as follows. Instead of the typical queues at the cashier, he has set up a room to wait for your turn to pay. As the customers arrive, once the purchase is made, they go to the room, if all the cashiers are busy then they take a number and wait seated. Soon as a queue management systems box is free the next number will be called to queue management software go through it. In the room there is no limit of customers who may queue management software be waiting. The engineer queue management estimates that during peak hours customers arrive according to a Poisson distribution.
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by PotatoSalad(m): 8:00am On May 12, 2018
Standing often gives me cramps when i want to sleep
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by Nobody: 8:16am On May 12, 2018
-
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by Nobody: 8:17am On May 12, 2018
c
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:25am On May 12, 2018
Newsprex:

Maybe because you queued under AC!
Queue for 18 hours for a 2 month period and a difference will set in
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by Nobody: 8:43am On May 12, 2018
Newsprex:
Continually. Be consistent
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by Nobody: 8:46am On May 12, 2018
Renegadd:
You can't expect your belly fat to disappear when you eat a lot of starchy foods and carbs . It's like digging a hole and then pouring the sand back inside the hole . Along with standing and/or exercise ,you must eat healthy. standing is just one part of being fit and healthy. Even if you eat healthy without being active ,you may not achieve optimum health. It all goes hand in hand .
No matter how much you exercise ,your fat won't go away if you continue eating junk food . Nigeria is a poor country with a lot of malnutrition. most Nigerians are malnourished , they just consume what's available . You can stand all day in the sun and then go home and eat junk food . The cheapest foods are always junk food and Nigerians mostly consume junk food . people in western nations also consume junk food too ,but also consume healthy foods. For example , I eat banana and at least 1 apple as part of my break fast everyday or every two days .

Average Nigerian consume 30 apples in a year compared to an Average American who consumes 150 Apples in a year
Please suggest healthy food for me
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by loomer: 8:48am On May 12, 2018
plus all the stand I dey stand daily, my belle still be like say I borrow am
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by Jaqenhghar: 8:53am On May 12, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

It's...
...wasn't...
Noted. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by Nobody: 8:55am On May 12, 2018
c
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by lurvy: 9:57am On May 12, 2018
Renegadd:
5 hours a day isn't too much . how bad do you want good health ?

standing for 5 hours a day?
Please goggle to learn more about the dangers of standing for long...
It's better to walk around than to stand for long...

1 Like

Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by Nobody: 10:18am On May 12, 2018
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by ahamonyeka(m): 10:33am On May 12, 2018
this is for security men.
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by lurvy: 12:05pm On May 12, 2018
Renegadd:
If you are smart you'll know that standing includes walking,standing in the shower ,occasionally bending,cooking in the kitchen, or jumping or running , and simply being on your feet . Did anyone tell you to stand idle anywhere for 5 hours? Don't get arrested for loitering and implicate me saying I told you to stand for 5 hours.

Lol.. shocked shocked grin grin grin. standing includes bending..?? Chei nairaland! It's obvious you're trying to make up for your ignorance... I'm outta here for real...
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by meobizy(f): 12:44pm On May 12, 2018
This is true and I'm surprised science finally caught up to something active people knew all along. I read this in a fitness blog over ten years ago. It's good to see the mainstream now enlightened.

Unfortunately, Nairalanders have seen an activity they'll actively avoid. E dey like person use laziness swear for una.

Ask yourself this: why was it during NYSC days, those fat girls (even skinny ones) kept fainting during early morning parades?

I'm surprised to see the calorie expenditure difference between both activities is pretty low. I was expecting higher numbers. It means rigorous exercise is still the best activity aimed at weight loss.

For those thinking they'll magically get a six pack from standing, fail! Aim more for a flat stomach. A lot of people who exercise vigorously for years on end don't even get six packs. The situation doesn’t make them less healthy than the average gym rat.

1 Like

Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by hisMrs(f): 2:28pm On May 12, 2018
Which type of lie is this one? If standing gets rid of belly fat then what does it do to your back and knees?
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by Afromalaika(m): 7:59pm On May 12, 2018
Very true...my new job status requires standing, all together last week, I stood for 8 hours, I just noticed my belt is no more tight.

Your's sincerely, I just punched 2 new holes below the initial to accommodate my receding belly.

If you still doubt my testimony, please feel free to message me privately on this forum to share more details with you.
Re: Standing More Often Can Help You Lose Belly Fat And Improve Overall Health by Nobody: 5:38am On May 13, 2018
-

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cancer Surgeries, Chemotherapy Now Covered By NHIS / Dangers of consuming too much maggi and other bouillon cubes / Nigerian Volunteers Return From Ebola-stricken Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.