Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:04 AM

Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job (14979 Views)

Start Uber/Bolt As A Side Hustle Or Get A Piece Of Land : Your Opinion Please / Top 7 Skills You Should Acquire In 2020 / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by madridguy(m): 11:13am On May 12, 2018
Why the clause? Can you guide me then?

Ejiod:

Yes but Dont teach people
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by mcbliss: 12:08pm On May 12, 2018
Yeah..... True
Btw.. football lovers! check my siggy to bet for free
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by bomsilaga(m): 12:16pm On May 12, 2018
Kintomadit:
please, any suggestions about where to learn web development and the cost? thanks
You can self learn just get enough data and download
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by dauddy97(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2018
Ejiod:

d
DONT PAY ANYONE TO TEACH YOU CODING. GO TO YOUTUBE AND LEARN.FIRST FOLLOW BRAD TRAVERSY ON YOUTUBE.THE GUY IS GOOD.u will see them trooping here that they can teach u how to code with their advertisement. Pls Dont do it. I was once like you 4 years ago when I paid but regretted ever doing such.
what part of coding does he teaches. I need a good python programmer to learn from them
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Ejiod(m): 1:50pm On May 12, 2018
dauddy97:
what part of coding does he teaches. I need a good python programmer to learn from them
JavaScript and php
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by EsvNwoye(m): 2:00pm On May 12, 2018
It's easy for anyone to blame their failures on misfortune, but fail to improve theirself for better.

From my premise so far, I can say I have seen friends get job based on Man-know-man but in my case, Nay ...Connection?! I don't understand, it sounds depressing but one thing is for sure.... I got my job without knowing anybody. Thank you

If there is no connection, go and establish one.
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by VFLMazta: 2:37pm On May 12, 2018
Kintomadit:
please, any suggestions about where to learn web development and the cost? thanks

You mean someone to teach you or the resources to learn it yourself? if it's the latter then w3schools.com is a good place to start
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by VFLMazta: 2:39pm On May 12, 2018
Nice Post OP, right on point.
BTW I think you should change that "coding" to programming.

Do you want to know a secret method to make money on Nairabet virtual football league? Have you wasted all your savings while playing Nairabet virtual platform league?

See how to stop wasting your hard money and begin profiting on Nairabet virtual football league.

Find out more www.vflmazta.tk
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Obaofnaija(m): 3:53pm On May 12, 2018
Call/whatsapp me 07030831003
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Obaofnaija(m): 3:53pm On May 12, 2018
Dannyset:
How do one learn coding, and what can you do with it?

Call/whatsapp me 07030831003
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Kintomadit(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2018
VFLMazta:

You mean someone to teach you or the resources to learn it yourself? if it's the latter then w3schools.com is a good place to start
thanks bro
Kintomadit:
thanks bro
thanks bro
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Kintomadit(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2018
24hoursreporter:
@Kitamodit, where are you located??
Lagos ipaja area
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by 24hoursreporter: 11:23am On May 13, 2018
Neyoor:
I only I have one of the aforementioned skills, I'm I good to Go?

@ Neyor, you are good to go, what you just have to do is to start applying to blue chip companies. You can also send unsolicited applications stating your skills on your resume. I assure you with any of the above skills, you are good to go. For education, careers and scholarship tips, visit www.24hoursreporter.com
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by 24hoursreporter: 11:33am On May 13, 2018
PurplePatch:
9. Connection

This is your ability to get a phone call while sleeping on your bed. With this kind of skill, you probably won't need to be interviewed to land a job. It takes knowing a highly placed person in politics to be certified in this kind of skill. grin grin grin

@Purplepatch, it is a very wrong mentality and you are wrong about connection. Even with the best connection, you will be kicked out of any organization if you are incompetent. Let me give you a practical scenario One of my friend went for a job interview in a top notch multinational company in Lagos (Name withheld for security reasons). When she got there, another candidate was also invited and this candidate was recommended by the state Governor. As usual after the interview they picked the guy. However, barely 3 months of working in the organization they kicked him out for being unprofessional and my friend was employed for the job. Mind you, she doesn't know anybody in the panel. She just applied and her skills spoke for her.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by 24hoursreporter: 11:38am On May 13, 2018
Dannyset:
How do one learn coding, and what can you do with it?
hey bro, just search for "places to learn coding on google" it may give you a clue. I wish you the best of luck as you search for a coding tutor

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by dauddy97(m): 12:11pm On May 13, 2018
Ejiod:
JavaScript and php
ok, python is my aim
Re: Top 8 Skills You Need To Land Your Dream Job by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 13, 2018
24hoursreporter:

@Purplepatch, it is a very wrong mentality and you are wrong about connection. Even with the best connection, you will be kicked out of any organization if you are incompetent. Let me give you a practical scenario One of my friend went for a job interview in a top notch multinational company in Lagos (Name withheld for security reasons). When she got there, another candidate was also invited and this candidate was recommended by the state Governor. As usual after the interview they picked the guy. However, barely 3 months of working in the organization they kicked him out for being unprofessional and my friend was employed for the job. Mind you, she doesn't know anybody in the panel. She just applied and her skills spoke for her.

I concur bro. Come and see in one bank close to me how one mentally unstable staff has been constituting nuisance in the branch since God knows when but nobody has the gut to utter a word. This is Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) / BRT Drivers On Strike Over ‘unpaid Salary (pic) / Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.