Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up (1761 Views)

My EOD Consume 2 Litres Fuel For 21.3km / Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel / Pls Advice, Btw Nigerian Used Toyota Avensis 2004 And Honda EOD 2004 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by ellalina(f): 10:08am On May 12, 2018
I left my car in good condition last week before I travelled. I just returned and and put the battery back inside the car and it’s refusing to start.

The dash board lights came on immediately I put in the battery even without starting the Car.
Secondly it’s not starting and but it’s kicking
Lastly all other functions like radio lights are working.

I called a technician who said my brain box was bad. I don’t want to believe him because I left the car in very good condition.
Re: Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by nurey(m): 10:13am On May 12, 2018
since the engine rolls, the battery isn't the issue, I don't believe a burnt brain box will allow engine crank (roll) you should check all fuses especially those associated with ignition (EFI, fuel pump, injector), check your plugs too.

before anything scan the vehicle and let's have codes thrown to determine the issue
Re: Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by aAK1(m): 10:44am On May 12, 2018
Scan that car first.secondly was the key on the ignition when you reinstalled the battery?
Re: Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by thebigkendo(m): 10:52am On May 12, 2018
ellalina:
I left my car in good condition last week before I travelled. I just returned and and put the battery back inside the car and it’s refusing to start.

The dash board lights came on immediately I put in the battery even without starting the Car.

I called a technician who said my brain box was bad. I don’t want to believe him because I left the car in very good condition.

Explain the bolded.. Was the key in the ON position when you connected the battery?

Is key sign blinking?
Re: Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:02am On May 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Explain the bolded.. Was the key in the ON position when you connected the battery?

Is key sign blinking?

spot on, feels like an immobilizer case
Re: Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by ellalina(f): 12:44pm On May 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Is key sign blinking?

The key was not in the ignition o
And yes the key sign is blinking
Re: Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by thebigkendo(m): 3:19pm On May 12, 2018
ellalina:

The key was not in the ignition o
And yes the key sign is blinking

You have a problem with either your immobilizer system or ECU(brainbox) or communication btw the two...
Did your key fall down? Maybe the Immo chip is missing in the key case.. If you have a spare key, try starting the car with it..

Else you will need a 'hi-tech" rewire to diagnose and resolve the immobilizer or brainbox issue
Re: Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by ellalina(f): 3:40pm On May 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

You have a problem with either your immobilizer system or ECU(brainbox) or communication btw the two...
Did your key fall down? Maybe the Immo chip is missing in the key case.. If you have a spare key, try starting the car with it..

Else you will need a 'hi-tech" rewire to diagnose and resolve the immobilizer or brainbox issue
Immobilizer hmm
Re: Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by timifakay(m): 3:42pm On May 12, 2018
What was the coolant level when you returned?
Maybe your problem was discussed here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4482895/honda-accord-03-07-ruptured-heater
Re: Help: My EOD 2004 Is Seriously Acting Up by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 13, 2018
ellalina:

simple.u reversed the way you were suppose to put the battery.call a good rewire to come and change some fuses,shikena.a cheap repair btw.and oh,tell the bleeped who said your ECU is dead to go Bleep himself

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Vehicle Written Off / A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car / ***** Buy & Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.