Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,996 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car (1755 Views)

This Is My First Time To Buy A Car. So What Are The Things To Look Out For ? / 6 Of The Most Expensive Car Paint Options That Can Buy A New Car / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car by sultaan(m): 5:33am On May 05, 2020
I have been looking at buying either a SUV Grand Cherokee, or Ford Edge or truck
Ford ,Chevy, Ram 1500

This period looks like the best time to buy because sellers need to sell.

As a buyer who has the means, I think it will be wise to us the available resources for survival in case things don't turn around in the next 2 years.

It goes out to those who want to spend money for a new car, in case this goes on for about 5 months or more will you buy or not.

They say a wise man gets necessities first and luxury last while the unwise gets luxury first and realise he doesn't have necessities later
Re: A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:00am On May 05, 2020
Valid advice. If your income is secured, now is a good time, though. Cars are really cheap right now if you know where to look.

I think they'll get even cheaper in a few months time as people get more desperate. Wait till then, you have nothing to lose. Naira has also tanked.
Re: A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car by DGD1(m): 10:44am On May 05, 2020
Dealers have started crashing car prices, registered cars in Nigeria are now sold at ridiculous prices. Worse than what is often experienced in mid January after detty December lavish spending.

If situation continue like this for 2months, all those people who have lost their jobs will start selling properties to keep Body and soul.

1 Like

Re: A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car by duality(m): 2:32am On May 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:
Valid advice. If your income is secured, now is a good time, though. Cars are really cheap right now if you know where to look.

I think they'll get even cheaper in a few months time as people get more desperate. Wait till then, you have nothing to lose. Naira has also tanked.

*** If you know where to look**

Please show me where to look

I'm searching
Re: A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car by nurey(m): 10:30am On May 07, 2020
car prices are crashing would Toyota and Lexus price crash? Cause I still see Corolla very expensive ooo.

I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla tokunbo 450,000km on the odometer asking 2million grin
Re: A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car by Nobody: 11:01am On May 07, 2020
nurey:
car prices are crashing would Toyota and Lexus price crash? Cause I still see Corolla very expensive ooo.

I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla tokunbo 450,000km on the odometer asking 2million grin

Its only a matter of time. I think the crash will majorly affect Nigerian used vehicles. 60-70% of the cost of Toks vehicles is constant.
Though when better begin hunger hold dealers, they'll start selling below cost price. cheesy
Re: A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2020
rationalmind:

Its only a matter of time. I think the crash will majorly affect Nigerian used vehicles. 60-70% of the cost of Toks vehicles is constant.
Though when better begin hunger hold dealers, they'll start selling below cost price. cheesy

I don't expect car prices to drop. Purchase prices in the US will drop, but the naira is also falling and duty has increased. Should even out things.

1 Like

Re: A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car by Nobody: 11:15am On May 07, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I don't expect car prices to drop. Purchase prices in the US will drop, but the naira is also falling and duty has increased. Should even out things.

Yeah, I'm honestly not expecting any major crash with foreign used vehicles but you see those Naija used, prices will surely crash.

As for the bolded, those agents are still cutting corners and clearing at the old rate. It's probably not sustainable though.

(1) (Reply)

Kia Carens Problem / Pikidi.com Vs Olist.ng Which Is The Best To Sell Car Fast / 5 Important Things To Check Before Buying A Used Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.