Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Stolen Vehicle Written Off - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stolen Vehicle Written Off (1761 Views)

How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? / Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Vehicle Written Off by spleady(f): 7:13pm On May 28, 2019
Having waited for years being optimistic about my stolen vehicle and praying the vehicle is found, all the waiting became a waste.

This i can say that the Nigeria Police isn't to be relied upon.

I officially write off the vehicle and move on praying i get get another one which i do not know when.

Although it hasn't been easy. Years of being optimistic turns to a day of pessimistic.

I believe God knows best.

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 28, 2019
So sorry for ur loss. Yes Nigeria police is not to be relied upon, bit that is not because they are unable to recover this vehicle. Even in advanced countries not all stolen vehicles are recovered by the police. More reason to get a tracker and comprehensive insurance. In those countries it's insurance that pay for stolen cars.

Car wey Dem don butcher or carry cross border, how police want take recover am?

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by Lexusgs430: 12:04am On May 29, 2019
spleady:
Having waited for years being optimistic about my stolen vehicle and praying the vehicle is found, all the waiting became a waste.

I officially write off the vehicle and move on praying i get get another one which i do not know when.

Although it hasn't been easy. Years of being optimistic turns to a day of pessimistic.

A tracking device would have been a better option, than prayers or the police..............

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by TPound(m): 7:51am On May 29, 2019
spleady:

Don't lose hope.... Please log on to www.legitcar.ng. and fill out the vehicle details there... Relax and let them do the work for you... Its free... No matter how long it has been stolen for

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by nurey(m): 8:03am On May 29, 2019
spleady:

If your next buy is a Toyota ensure you install a tracker or comprehensive insurance but my advice to people is to always avoid small popular Toyota vehicles and look to other brands that are less prone to stealing.

The Nigerian police isn't at fault but the whole system as a whole is faulty. In developed countries they have a dedicated emergency line, they have CCTV footage of where vehicle was last seen and a quick patrol unit that can use the information to trace the car speedily. What's more you can sue someone for $100 in small claims court fully paid by tax payers money this has reduced scam/crime rate. I hope naija will get there soon

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by spleady(f): 8:04pm On May 29, 2019
TPound:

Don't lose hope.... Please log on to www.legitcar.ng. and fill out the vehicle details there... Relax and let them do the work for you... Its free... No matter how long it has been stolen for

I DID ALL THAT THE SAME YEAR

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by woodrow(m): 8:47am On May 30, 2019
nurey:

If your next buy is a Toyota ensure you install a tracker or comprehensive insurance but my advice to people is to always avoid small popular Toyota vehicles and look to other brands that are less prone to stealing.

The Nigerian police isn't at fault but the whole system as a whole is faulty. In developed countries they have a dedicated emergency line, they have CCTV footage of where vehicle was last seen and a quick patrol unit that can use the information to trace the car speedily. What's more you can sue someone for $100 in small claims court fully paid by tax payers money this has reduced scam/crime rate. I hope naija will get there soon

In September 2018,Anthony joshua's fully customized range rover was stolen in his house in london.till date,the vehicle has not been recovered.it was fitted with the best security anyone can boast of.even with his signature in various places in the interior.

My point...its not peculiar to Toyota or small cars.
It's not peculiar to Nigeria
It's not the fault of the individual neither the police
So many cctv in london but it happened.
If a whole Boeing 747 can disappear without trace..my brother.things happen o.we should always thank God for life

5 Likes

Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by TPound(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2019
spleady:

I DID ALL THAT THE SAME YEAR

Then relax... Don't lose hope...

1 Like

Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by asamwababy: 2:53pm On May 30, 2019
woodrow:

In September 2018,Anthony joshua's fully customized range rover was stolen in his house in london.till date,the vehicle has not been recovered.it was fitted with the best security anyone can boast of.even with his signature in various places in the interior.

If a whole Boeing 747 can disappear without trace..my brother.things happen o.we should always thank God for life

Well said.

Even 747 dey disappear like needle.
Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by martyns200(m): 12:16am On May 31, 2019
asamwababy:

Well said.

Even 747 dey disappear like needle.

grin grin
Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by fabienjoe: 12:26am On May 31, 2019
woodrow:

....in other words, precaution and common sense count for nothing'? ....except perhaps God and prayers?..Typical 'brain dead' Nigerian thinking...Reason they do the most stupid things and expect positive results aka miracles..

2 Likes

Re: Stolen Vehicle Written Off by woodrow(m): 9:11am On May 31, 2019
fabienjoe:

....in other words, precaution and common sense count for nothing'? ....except perhaps God and prayers?..Typical 'brain dead' Nigerian thinking...Reason they do the most stupid things and expect positive results aka miracles..

(1) (Reply)

A Dicey Time To Buy A New Car / ***** Buy & Drive / Very Clean 6 Months Used Toyota Corrola: Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.