Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) (47790 Views)

Ekiti Election: NSCDC Deploys 9,747 Personnel To Beef Up Security. / Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing / Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by babyvoice1990(m): 6:51pm On May 12, 2018
An officer of the Oyo State command of Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) during the local government election in Ibadan on Saturday allegedly shot a teenager, simply identified as Kofo.

According to a source, the girl was sent on an errand to buy drugs at a pharmaceutical store when she met her untimely death.

Oyoaffairs gathered that the officers were alerted that some hoodlums were fomenting trouble when personnel of the NSCDC stormed the area to quell the crisis.

A resident who refused to mention his name told Daily Trust that the girl was accidentally shot when the officers were trying to scare away hoodlums at the polling unit.

As a result of the incident, youths in the area mobilized themselves and stormed the divisional office of the NSCDC office at Ekotedo and vandalized their properties.

Effort to get the Oyo State Police Public relations officer, Mr. Adekunle Ajisebutu was proved abortive as his phone was unreachable

Source: http://oyoaffairs.com/2018/05/12/oyo-lg-election-nscdc-officer-shoots-teenager-to-death-in-ibadan/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by AprokoGirl: 6:55pm On May 12, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Nbote(m): 7:21pm On May 12, 2018
Na civil defence we go begin suffer from now!! I've always wondered what dey are doing carrying about rifles in towns and streets. What exactly are dey doing opening fire at all in a populated place and a polling station at dat.. Vigilante carry rifle, Police carry rifle, army carry rifle and even ordinary civil defence carries it's own rifle..

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by olatade(m): 7:22pm On May 12, 2018
Very useless trigger happy officer. That is all they're known for;killing innocent souls everywhere.

so sad to see she was still holding on to the prescription even in death.

may her soul rest in peace

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by BankeSmalls(f): 7:22pm On May 12, 2018
angry
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by moscobabs(m): 7:37pm On May 12, 2018
Nigerian security operatives are not well trained in holding Riffles. How manage would a well trained mistakingly killed an innocent person while u just wanted to scare hoodlums away?

I give up

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by humblenature: 7:37pm On May 12, 2018
lipsrsealed

"When the witch cried in the night and the boy dies in the morning, we know who killed him."

Isn't it obvious that the killing rate in Nigeria has increased under the present government?

Sars, Police, army, civil defence, NDLEA, Anti cult, have all been given "shoot at sight" order.

By who? Yes who is the commander in chief of the armed forces?

The nation is in mourning. Who is next?

Pls, I advise everyone listening to be careful and protect your life.

Stay away from law enforcement officers(police,army and others). Don't play , laugh or even talk with them. Just mind your own business, if you must greet, greet and go your way.

Stay alive

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:37pm On May 12, 2018
Nothing that someone won't see in Nigeria, for crying out loud. My commiseration to her family, and MAY HER SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.
Shame on NPF as a whole if the officer is not severely dealt with

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by kings09(m): 7:38pm On May 12, 2018
Buhari shaaa
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Judolisco(m): 7:39pm On May 12, 2018
Wasted jst like that angry
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Oduwils222(m): 7:39pm On May 12, 2018
Wrong time and place to die. May her soul RIP
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by obembet(f): 7:39pm On May 12, 2018
accidentally discharge....

Rip girl
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by ConcNiggress56(f): 7:40pm On May 12, 2018
what is the business of NSCDC and guns..

Like police have not done enough harm

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by JasonScoolari: 7:40pm On May 12, 2018
And I can't feel at home in this shithole anymore.

Sleep in heavenly peace.
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by alfred007(m): 7:40pm On May 12, 2018
who knows about uniport Offshore Technology Institute. please I need you to tell me about the program

08064772292 WhatsApp
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Mastadestiny(m): 7:40pm On May 12, 2018
Young Kofo, RIP

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by lastmaster(m): 7:41pm On May 12, 2018
Nigeria security officers are more dangerous than robbers.If I meet them in any check point, I don't exchange words with them.I just give them money and Go.

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Powerexpert: 7:42pm On May 12, 2018
Quite aware of this
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by pussyeater(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2018
Nbote:
Na civil defence we go begin suffer from now!! I've always wondered what dey are doing carrying about rifles in towns and streets. What exactly are dey doing opening fire at all in a populated place and a polling station at dat.. Vigilante carry rifle, Police carry rifle, army carry rifle and even ordinary civil defence carries it's own rifle..
Even Man "O" War and Boys Scout in Nigeria dey carry rifle. Shittyhole country undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by KingLennon(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2018
The pains the family is facing will be unbearable. While you are smilling just remember that somewhere people are mourning. Thanking God for life

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:42pm On May 12, 2018
Which kind election be dis?!

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by yjgm(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2018
There's always a two side to a coin

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by BiggerbossAmani(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2018
Y
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 12, 2018
I still don't understand what is really stopping the NPF and NSCDC from acquiring flash-bang grenades [stun grenades].
In instances like these you make use of those.

Minimal collateral damage.

Why deploy live rounds all the time!

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by kollinpowel(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2018
Despite having so many useless security entity we still have herdsmen and bokoharm , I suggest we deploy all of them to affected areas rather than pushing just the military let them work for their salaries and not shoot innocent civilians.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Ebullience(m): 7:42pm On May 12, 2018
This is terrible
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by neolboy(m): 7:43pm On May 12, 2018
They are meant to be civil and friendly with the people why giving them riffles

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by laurel03(m): 7:43pm On May 12, 2018
We call ds useless agency Guguru defence in those days... i am not Nnamdi Kanu supporter but that Albino dnt lie calling Nigeria Zoo.

RIP Girl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 7:43pm On May 12, 2018
ok...
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by CocoaOla: 7:44pm On May 12, 2018
That's what you get when all the agencies are carrying gun for no reason useless country

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Deltayankeeboi: 7:44pm On May 12, 2018
welcome to the streets!

people die everyday. i no longer feel a thing when i see another death be it untimely or timely.
something must kill a man. . . life goes on. .

as the viking norsemen would say "the dead don't count".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Dolapo And Yemi Osinbajo’s Wedding Picture (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.