Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus (1560 Views)

Reno Omokri: Osinbajo can Only Win Tinubu By Consensus / 2023: Tinubu Could Emerge APC’s Consensus Candidate – Osita Okechukwu / Secession Must Be By Consensus - Governor Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by yns4real: 7:57am On May 13, 2018
There are strong indications that the next National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress will emerge by consensus.

Highly - placed party sources, who confided in SUNDAY PUNCH in Abuja on Saturday, revealed that the ongoing ward , local government and state congresses were “ dress rehearsals ” for what would happen in June during the national convention .

A member of the outgoing National Working Committee of the party, who spoke to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity , said the party had considered the consensus option to produce party executives at all levels .

He said, “ We have had a precedence ; even our outgoing National Chairman and most of us emerged by consensus . According to our party constitution , it is when the consensus option fails that you go into elections.

“ Yes , it is true that Mr . President (Muhammadu Buhari ) and the National Executive Committee agreed to grant waivers to those of us who are still interested in seeking reelection , the position of National Chairman is one that , this time around , the incumbent is taking a dignified exit.

“ The man loves this party and is prepared to make the sacrifice required to ensure we go into the 2019 elections as one united family.”
Another party official revealed that the incumbent National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie - Oyegun, had started preparing his handover notes .

“ He (Odigie - Oyegun) is just waiting for the report of the congresses in order to complete his handover notes ,” the party official, who also spoke on the condition of anonymity , stated.

“ His decision to keep people guessing about whether or not he will seek reelection is strategic and as things stand , he is stepping aside because even some governors, who wanted him to stay on, have withdrawn (their support) in the interest of the party.”

It was gathered that a former Cross River State Governor , Chief Clement Ebri , who is the only other person who has indicated interest in the position, is to be prevailed upon to step down for a former Edo State governor, Adams Oshiomhole .

Doubts about where most APC state governors stand on the issue of the party leadership were cleared last Thursday when Oshiomhole made a formal declaration of his bid to contest the top party post .
He remains the only aspirant who has made known his intention to vie for the chairmanship seat .

The Chairman of the Progressives Governors Forum , Owelle Rochas Okorocha , who was at the event, announced that Oshiomhole ’ s quest for the party’ s top job was “ the project of governors .”

In a telephone interview with SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday, the National Publicity Secretary of the APC , Malam Bolaji Abdullahi, confirmed the likelihood of a consensus .

He said, “ It (consensus ) is likely because the step is the agreement by the National Executive Committee that party positions should remain in the zones they currently are .

“ And when a position remains in the zone and states in the zone agree and that the state the position is zoned to picks a candidate, we don ’t expect that that position will be keenly contested as it were .

“ Like the position of the National Chairman is to remain in the South - South and Edo is currently occupying it , we don ’t expect anyone outside there to contest the post , and so on.”

Abdullahi expressed confidence that the party’s national convention would go on smoothly as planned .

http://www.punchng.com/oshiomhole-to-emerge-apc-national-chair-by-consensus/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by hotspec(m): 8:09am On May 13, 2018
No. They should have opted for electronic voting like El Rufai did in Kaduna. A party divided against itself.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by Nobody: 8:20am On May 13, 2018
Consensus and not election? Yet they claim to operate on democratic principles.

Little wonder why the dictatorial tendencies in all aspects of the country..

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by PassingShot(m): 8:22am On May 13, 2018
I read that says Oyegun is a better chairman and APC should make him return.

When your opponent begins to advise you about what you should do, it means they know they are in trouble with choice.

Only a politically naive person will not know that Oshiomole is more than a match for PDP. They are scared of him and they would do anything to make him not become APC Chairman.

Oshio Baba, carry go.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by 9jaArea: 11:00am On May 13, 2018
I said it before that people expecting trouble for APC after the convention are on a long thing.
Oshobaba come on board with your dance move PDP can go and die

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by Jirate(m): 1:04pm On May 13, 2018
PassingShot:
I read that says Oyegun is a better chairman and APC should make him return.

When your opponent begins to advise you about what you should do, it means they know they are in trouble with choice.

Only a politically naive person will not know that Oshiomole is more than a match for PDP. They are scared of him and they would do anything to make him not become APC Chairman.

Oshio Baba, carry go.

Really, Is that What You Think?.

Have You Seen The Result of the 2015 Presidential Election in Edo State, Do You Know that PDP Beats Oshiomhole Silly in that Election, Senator Matt Urhoghide a PDP Senator that recently Moved a Motion for Buhari's Impeachment is from Edo State and He won Under his Oshiomhole's nose if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by ubongokon(m): 1:23pm On May 13, 2018
Any how he wants to emerge no problem,

With osho pdp is in trouble
Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by vedd: 1:29pm On May 13, 2018
Jirate:
really, Is that What You Think?.
Have You Seen The Result of the 2015 Presidential Election in Edo State, Do You Know that PDP Beats Oshiomhole Silly in that Election, Senator Matt Urhoghide a PDP Senator that recently Moved a Motion for Buhari's Impeachment is from Edo State and He won Under his Oshiomhole's nose if you don't know.
Yeah...PDP muscled Edo APC into defeat with the force of the military, connivance of the police, and the instrumentality of federal might.
We were all living witnesses.

I am not saying that Buhari has done enough to win Edo hearts and minds (actually, I want Oshomole to betray that patron of Islamic terror herdsmen by making sure bubu loses the presidential ticket. This will be for the good of the country and party), but 2019 is sure gonna be a different ball game.
Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by PassingShot(m): 4:43pm On May 13, 2018
Jirate:

Really, Is that What You Think?.

That was when PDP had power to muzzle the opposition. Despite that, APC/PMB scored 46% of the votes in Edo. It was after 2015 election that APC won the governorship there as well. Think deep.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by Paperwhite(m): 6:04pm On May 13, 2018
Democracy is just alien to the APC.
Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by Jirate(m): 6:05pm On May 13, 2018
PassingShot:

That was when PDP had power to muzzle the opposition. Despite that, APC/PMB scored 46% of the votes in Edo. It was after 2015 election that APC won the governorship there as well. Think deep.

For Me, Edo State is my Base and I Don't need any outsider to lecture me on Edo Politics. Oshiomhole may tickle the APC Fan Base if he Emerges Chairman of APC, but that is all He Can Do. Buhari Today is no Longer the Buhari of 2015. Faced with a Formidable Opponent from the North and Coupled with his Numerous Failures, 2019 is the End of the Road for Bubu. cool

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by Daviddson(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2018
Why can't APC conduct an election where candidates will slug it out and after a winner emerges, the losers congratulate him and move on? That's how democracy works, not this nonsensical consensus candidature of a thing.
Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by PassingShot(m): 6:18pm On May 13, 2018
Jirate:

For Me, Edo State is my Base and I Don't need any outsider to lecture me on Edo Politics. Oshiomhole may tickle the APC Fan Base if he Emerges Chairman of APC, but that is all He Can Do. Buhari Today is no Longer the Buhari of 2015. Faced with a Formidable Opponent from the North and Coupled with his Numerous Failures, 2019 is the End of the Road for Bubu. cool
Keep deceiving yourself. PMB's rating was at the lowest in 2016/2017 with recession everywhere, yet he campaigned for Obaseki and Akeredolu in Edo and Ondo and still won in both states. If you still need further evidence to clear your doubts, you don't know politics at all.

Elections are not won online my friend. Before you know what hits you, PMB has won second term.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by IVORY2009(m): 7:19pm On May 13, 2018
PassingShot:

Keep deceiving yourself. PMB's rating was at the lowest in 2016/2017 with recession everywhere, yet he campaigned for Obaseki and Akeredolu in Edo and Ondo and still won in both states. If you still need further evidence to clear your doubts, you don't know politics at all.

Elections are not won online my friend. Before you know what hits you, PMB has won second term.

Nonsensical.....
Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by PassingShot(m): 7:26pm On May 13, 2018
IVORY2009:

Nonsensical.....
The thing really pain you grin

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole To Emerge APC National Chair By Consensus by IVORY2009(m): 8:11pm On May 13, 2018
PassingShot:

The thing really pain you grin

Non@hot.com grin

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Showing That Most Ipob Supporters Are Million Times Better Than(pics) / Udom, Akpabio Inaugurate Fertilizer Blending Factory / Douglas Road Owerri Under Rocha's Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.