Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

I'm Confused Please Help Out.. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Confused Please Help Out.. (624 Views)

I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Nigerian Lady In The US Army Confused Her Colleague With Pidgin English / I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused Please Help Out.. by emmas2k570(m): 1:55pm On May 13, 2018
I studied Insurance in Unilag and I've always wanted to build a career as an underwriter in the Insurance industry.

I was unemployed for few months and i was lucky enough to get two jobs which i started a contract job of 60k with CORNERSTONE INSURANCE and while i started with that i got another call from IGI INSURANCE that i should come for my medicals... Now I'm confused on which to go for considering the issue of Contract Staff and Full time staff.

The Position i was given at Cornerstone INsurance is an Underwriting Job And the payment is through a consultant named FOSAD and the payment is just 60k and the location is Ikeja

The position i was called by IGI to come fill in is like a full time Marketing Job and the payment is 90k and i was told i will be attached to boss and will be going out with him. With a Ride and the location is VI.

Now I'm confused on which to choose either the Contract job of 60k with Cornerstone as an Underwriter or i should go with that of over 80k full time job of marketing with IGI INSURANCE.

Please i need advice on what to do exactly..
Re: I'm Confused Please Help Out.. by junbi(f): 2:05pm On May 13, 2018
Lucky you
Goodluck!
Re: I'm Confused Please Help Out.. by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 13, 2018
emmas2k570:
I studied Insurance in Unilag and I've always wanted to build a career as an underwriter in the Insurance industry.

I was unemployed for few months and i was lucky enough to get two jobs which i started a contract job of 60k with CORNERSTONE INSURANCE and while i started with that i got another call from IGI INSURANCE that i should come for my medicals... Now I'm confused on which to go for considering the issue of Contract Staff and Full time staff.

The Position i was given at Cornerstone INsurance is an Underwriting Job And the payment is through a consultant named FOSAD and the payment is just 60k and the location is Ikeja

The position i was called by IGI to come fill in is like a full time Marketing Job and the payment is 90k and i was told i will be attached to boss and will be going out with him. With a Ride and the location is VI.

Now I'm confused on which to choose either the Contract job of 60k with Cornerstone as an Underwriter or i should go with that of over 80k full time job of marketing with IGI INSURANCE.

Take the 80/90k fulltime.

1. Job security (You will likely never be threatened if you perform well)

2. Potential for growth (You are more likely to be promoted because the boss can see what you can do for himself)

3. Contract staff are like slaves. Avoid it.

4. Its very possible for you to get a raise for good performances after a few months

5. Networkin'. (Since you roll with the boss, the calibre of people you'll meet will be top level people. You can get a better job from here.)

6. Influence. (In a short while, you'll start callin' shots in the office. Subordinates will respect you since you have the boss' ear)

7. Perception. (People will feel you're "big time" because you roll with the boss so it will open doors for you easily)

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused Please Help Out.. by emmas2k570(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2018
ShyCypher:

Take the 80/90k fulltime.

1. Job security (You will likely never be threatened if you perform well)

2. Potential for growth (You are more likely to be promoted because the boss can see what you can do for himself)

3. Contract staff are like slaves. Avoid it.

4. Its very possible for you to get a raise for good performances after a few months

5. Networkin'. (Since you roll with the boss, the calibre of people you'll meet will be top level people. You can get a better job from here.)

6. Influence. (In a short while, you'll start callin' shots in the office. Subordinates will respect you since you have the boss' ear)

7. Perception. (People will feel you're "big time" because you roll with the boss so it will open doors for you easily)

Thank you
Re: I'm Confused Please Help Out.. by statistical: 6:22am On May 14, 2018
emmas2k570:

Brother, I worked with AIICO INSURANCE PLC as a Marketer too with no salary only commission based. I have a working experience in sales and marketing insurance. Please i need a salary job. You can do well and link me with one of the insurance company you not going to work with. Please I'm on my knees.
I have a BSc degree. Completed my Nysc. I have work experience in insurance.

Please brother. I need a salary job. Thanks
Expecting your response

(1) (Reply)

Apply Now: Korean Government Scholarship Program 2019 / Chemical Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering Which Of Them Is Better / AGILE Certification:Certified Scrum Master.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.