Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! (23484 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / House, I Am Confused / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by abisoye2(m): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2021
Nairaland has always been a place of resort when it comes to finding lasting solution to one's problem/albatross as this platform is beclouded with cerebral intellectuals.

==> I am a young man of 27 years old from an average background. I'm currently outside the country earning little above #200k doing blue colar job in one of the Emirates of UAE. I have NCE certificate in one of the Colleges of Education in Nigeria of which I intended to further into Degree(BSc) in Nigeria before travel opportunity showcased which I obliged.
However, I wish to migrate to one the European countries preferably through study route(as one of the easy way to migrate) so as to acquire my Degree(Bsc, because I have great passion for education) and to improve my life(you understand) before considering anything else.

I have been saving larger portion of my salaries to around #2.7m which is not enough for my plan but i'm still managing my work and still saving to actualize my plan with the help of God.

Sorry I forgot to tell you intellectuals that I'm the only Son among 6 children and I'm sinlge. Now, my mother back home is trying to tell me to start a building project on our vacant land and indirectly proposing 'getting married' to me as the larger part of her prayers when discussing on phone is how God should give me a good woman, the loving woman...(you know African Mothers').
It's good to note that my elder sisters have birthed children so Mum is already a "Grandma". I tried to explain to her politely that my plan is not to marry now or spending my little money on building a house only to halfway and continue struggling and saving from scratch rather to develop myself first and then money will come with it and I can now consider marriage afterwards.

I Also think about business but I think it's risky. Also, marrying and leaving my wife back home doesn't sit well with me and bringing her here making family wouldn't be easy as maintaining family is expensive here and there is no child benefit/support compared to the west. Perhaps taking care of my widow mother and taking care of wife/family and sometimes relatives wahala from my paltry salary is striking fear into my bone marrow.

So, getting married now/starting a building project would take away my money and might shatter my plans.

Great Nairalanders, please I am confused, advise me, come to my rescue!

Admin, please help my life by pushing this for me. E dakun!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Mbee247(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2021
I hate saving..

That's one of the fastest way to even lose money cause inflation ain't joking at all..

I would strongly advise you learn how you can invest your money and give you ROI as time goes instead of saving and saving..

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2021
Whatever you do don't get married in your present situation. You will hate your life. Focus on Japaing to Europe from your present location to continue your studies. You are a man you can marry in your 40s and 50s. Young marriage isn't for African men from poor families.

199 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Raalsalghul: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2021
I'm trying to fathom why a lot of Nigerians do this most especially religious leaders and family members.

They see a young man earning little change which probably is just enough to take care of himself and voila they start with their "Marriage Chants".

They won't give you job links, suggest business ideas, skills to learn or investment schemes. It's always "when are you getting married"?.

Haba!

Op, if you know what is good for you, your future kids and Nigeria at large, forget that marriage talk for now.

Peradventure, your finances are not enough for an education in Europe, then there must be some local certifications which you can use to increase your employment prospects in that same U.A.E.

Also start at looking at I.T fields you can delve into while working.

I repeat, flush away any thought of marriage from your mind at this moment, you still have age on your side. Don't let anyone hoodwink you with that "only son" talk.

I can't stress the above enough.

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Raalsalghul: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2021
Mbee247:
I hate saving..

That's one of the fastest way to even lose money cause inflation ain't joking at all..

I would strongly advise you learn how you can invest your money and give you ROI as time goes instead of saving and saving..

I agree, but there's need to always have some physical cash lying around in case of emergencies.

Not all investments can easily be liquidated.

34 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by hahn(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2021
Mbee247:
I hate saving..

I swear saving for long term is just ridiculous.

OP, instead of building a house you can buy acres of land and plant crops instead. Foodstuffs are rising and now is the ideal time to go into agriculture. Your land will appreciate in value and you'll earn extra income selling your crops during harvest.

About marriage just leave it for now. Not all women are ready to be with you through thick and thin.

Don't let your mother lead to making a bad choice

31 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by abisoye2(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
Thank you very much. I appreciate.
Mbee247:
I hate saving..

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by abisoye2(m): 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hmmm! Thank you. I don't want to make a step I will regret honestly. I am not convenient to my taste yet. I appreciate
tensazangetsu20:
Whatever you do don't get married in your present situation. You will hate your life. Focus on Japaing to Europe from your present location to continue your studies. You are a man you can marry in your 40s and 50s. Young marriage isn't for African men from poor families.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
abisoye2:
Hmmm! Thank you. I don't want to make a step I will regret honestly. I am not convenient to my taste yet. I appreciate
As for saving make sure to save in dollars or crypto stable coins to beat inflation. Dont do any foolish business in Nigeria o.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by abisoye2(m): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
That's African Mothers for you. It is what it is. Though my Mom has been so supportive and I love her to my bone marrow. I know she want good for me but it's not d right time to buy her idea. U are correct about d certification course. I've researched. We have security cert, cctv surveillance cert and others but the salary range is not far from each other. That's why I said nothing much here compared to getting paid per hour. Thanks for your advice. I appreciate.

Admin, Mr Lalasticlala abeg push me to fp, I'm happy to receive advice from intellectuals....
Raalsalghul:
I'm trying to fathom why a lot of Nigerians do this most especially religious leaders and family members.

They see a young man earning little change which probably is just enough to take care of himself and voila they start with their "Marriage Chants".

They won't give you job links. suggest business ideas or investment schemes. It's always "when are you getting married"?.

Haba!

Op, if you know what is good for you, your future kids and Nigeria at large, forget that marriage talk for now.

Peradventure, your finances are not enough for an education in Europe, then there must be some local certifications which you can use to increase your employment prospects in that same U.A.E.

Also start at looking at I.T fields you can delve into while working.

I repeat, flush away any thought of marriage from your mind at this moment, you still have age on your side. Don't let anyone hoodwink you with that "only son" talk.

I can't stress the above enough.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by abisoye2(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2021
I know d value of naira has really plummeted but I don't trust all this Pontzi schemes. And investing in 9ja where I am not residing is another wahala as things tough now. Any recommendations from you will be appreciated pls...
Raalsalghul:

I agree, but there's need to always have some physical cash lying around in case of emergencies.

Not all investments can easily be liquidated.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by abisoye2(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2021
Thank you all for your contributions, I will be glad to receive more please
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Gerrard59(m): 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
If you get married now, trust me; you'll regret it, no ifs or buts. It's not a curse, just simple mathematics. You will be forced to cater for two households, home and abroad (assuming she stays in Nigeria while you slug it out in the UAE) on limited income. Don't do anything agriculture if not Fulani Islamic terrorists disguising as herdsmen will destroy your crops and nothing will happen. I cannot overemphasise that aspect - DON'T DO AGRIBUSINESS IN NIGERIA. FULANI ISLAMIC TERRORISTS WILL RANSACK YOUR LANDS, SLAUGHTER YOUR EMPLOYEES LIKE SUYA AND GUESS WHAT? NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO THEM! Peradventure they don't, unscrupulous family relatives will plifer from the farm business. Thus, you're back to square one.

Start upgrading your skill set by looking for relevant skills which you can learn and are lucrative. Unless you can transfer your grades to a university in Europe, then it makes sense else you will have to start all over as an undergraduate. Think about the costs (three to four years program) and visa questions having a 27 year old going for BSc. I'm forced to recommend tech not because it's the in-thing but because it's egalitarian; it doesn't care about your grade, university attended ,the course of study and in some cases your age. If you can, pick up a tech language, dedicate time to it, get an entry role, hone your skill and set out to low cost European countries. Tech skills will have your stay in the UAE secured than low skilled jobs.

Don't put any money towards whatever land project (don't you read about the cost of cement?) or marriage (haven't you read about the cost of food items?). When most young people are trying to flee Nigeria, you are being told to return not as dual citizen but to build a house with less than $10K and get married.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by abisoye2(m): 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
@Gerrard59. Hmmmm! This is deep! Thanks a bunch!

4 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by sematec(m): 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
h
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by IbrahimSkiba(f): 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Simplebeauty: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by arthurwillia(m): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Except if the wife you want to get married to will take you to Europe, I don’t think that’s the next step, go to Europe first eh e , all other things might be added to you

5 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by BigDawsNet: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Marriage is wonderful but you need to get it done it a point you fit financially..

I suggest you keeping on working in middle east and save more... #2'5 is pretty little to get you into school in EU...you will be left with no penny when you land...

Plan
Work more
Save more
Arrive
Think marriage

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by CrystalSpark(m): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
I feel like an alien reading this piece. I love my parents but they know better than to propose anything to me. Even if it’s for my own good!

Bros you don’t have a problem. Tell your mother to go and adopt a new child if she’s bored with the others!

3 Likes

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
See comments about marriage angry. Boys are not smiling these days.

Kehinde, na you be that? You dey sound like my friend wey japa go Dubai last year.

Anyways, may God guide you aright.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by adesegun121(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ok
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by alphaconde(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
My own problem is how to speak English like u.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by lasthero: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pele
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by sematec(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
las las you will still take a decision by yourself
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Saskay44: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Oi
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by bigdammyj: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Reading
Re: I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! by Cerebellum: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

You get sense!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) / How Lucrative Is Environmental Toxicology In Nigeria? / Should I Reveal My Salary Status?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.