Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore (1002 Views)

Iyiola Omisore Surprises Ooni Of Ife With A Bulletproof Cadillac Escalade / Bukola Saraki Yet To Speak With Iyiola Omisore-Dele Momodu / Iyiola Omisore's Campaign Banners For Governor, Osun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by topsyn03(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2018
OSUN MASSES FEAR NOT, OMISORE'S STRUCTURE REMAINS INTACT; SDP IS HERE FOR RESCUE MISSION Going by INEC time table, Osun gubernatorial election is to hold September 22nd, 2018. The electorate are buckling up, the political gladiators are also deep in politicking; which platform, which candidate, and which zone only if this applies? This, and many others are questions on the lips of many not only the politicians but also the electorate who are always at the receiving end should any error of choice be made. This time, the electorate are more conscious than ever just to ensure the APC administration is discontinued in the state, suffice to say the APC Government had failed on many fronts. But the big question is, would the electorate achieve this without a well organised political machinery in form of a formidable political party which has little or no internal bickering? The answer is no. Then formidability and seriousness of political parties likely to participate in the election come to mind; ACCORD, APC, LP, PDP and SDP are likely to feature but attention is now more on candidates than the platforms presenting the candidates. Amongst the listed political parties, there is more focus on the SDP not because Sen Iyiola Omisore is an awaited bride in the party but because the two major political parties APC and PDP have a lot of explanation to make to Osun masses. While the PDP, a seeming alternative is more polarised with some players defending their territory and interest, many are busy with what comes to their individual pockets while the anguish of the masses remains masses' headache. Of course one may say the above scenario is normal especially in the Nigerian political context but I would say it is less expected in our dear state considering the enormous task involved in wrestling power from the APC government in the State. I think concerned Osun citizens should ask the PDP while a "mega rally" suddenly turned a bloodbath, if such could be the fate of a mere rally with little or no interest involved, what should one then envisage in the primary, total showdown or civil war you say? Should the primary go messy with the election in less than three months to the time, then the hope of Osun people is dashed. Therefore, a serious contender needs not wait until such becomes the fate before he seeks alternative platform to realize his ambition; a well coordinated platform with better vision and love is better tried. As of today, many of those who claimed to be in the race in the PDP are just too vulnerable, some will give in with a Greek gift of just 50million to compromise the fate of Osun people for another four years of suffering under the APC while the most seemingly serious aspirant among them who has the financial wherewithal and ready to arm twist and suffocate the rest with the help of the party Chair may not also go scot free, beyond this, Osun governorship race is not a tea party. As it is, election is about five months away, yet some aspirants' names do not ring bell beyond their local government of origin but they claim and want the masses believe they are in the race. Sadly you mention some names to the electorate and they ask you if the man is from Ogun or Oyo. They are just too unpopular with no tentacles beyond their communities, no candidate with such status can win gubernatorial election race. They are nothing but political merchants who joined the race to do business, they wait to be begged to step down at crucial time for monetary compensation. This is very common in politics and we know their antics. Mark my word, even if the party nomination form goes for 5million which of course is very unlikely, many won't obtain except they are assured of refund which I doubt would ever happen in our time. You may throw this piece into the dustbin but keep this very paragraph, many shall step down to adopt one aspirant or the other after they had made so much naira and that is the game. Imagine that a timid, a lily livered, an easily intimidated individual gets the party ticket in the face of obvious tyranny of Ogagun Aregbesola then consider the PDP candidate hiding in the Forest of Thousand Demons somewhere in Oke Igbo for safety of life while election is ongoing in Osun. One must not be too forgetful to remember the harassment, intimidation, arrest and attempted arrest of some party faithfuls on the eve of 2014 Gubernatorial election. Who will now wait and monitor the election when the shepherd himself had taken to his hill? Aregbesola and APC need a strong contender, a strong politician who has footsoldiers across the entire State not a personality that would be harass and pick race when the State boys go gaga. WHAT THE ELECTORATE AND THE MASSES MUST KNOW Once election is conducted and a winner declared, campaign for the next election begins immediately. As soon as the 2014 gubernatorial election was over, the political tension came down and many of the politicians went lifeless until they suddenly resurrected against the September 2018 election. While they were in exile, Iyiola Omisore was busy doing the opposition; he was the only person who ever challenged the almighty Aregbesola on workers' welfare, always on the governor's neck to pay workers salary and arrears, he who works deserves his pay. He fought the governor on payment of pension and gratuity so that the retirees don't die untimely needless to mention many had died of hunger and lack of medical attention owing to non payment of entitlement. He stood his ground that the bailout fund must be used for salary payment as this was the purpose of bailout initiative rather than diverting the fund on ghost project, he was the only available and formidable voice who always analyse Aragbesola's programmes and policies; his constructive criticism against the infamous government of Aregbesola had put the prodigal on his toes. Even when the PDP does their ceremonial opposition in form of criticism, Omisore foots the bills. Who knows if Omisore had disappeared and kept mute like the rest of them, may be Governor Aregbesola would have sold the state to his Lagos or Kogi cronies by now. Omisore's voice has been the only reason why civil servants in Osun still manage to get half salary, else they would have been forgotten and many of them history. The labour union are too intimidated to hold a press conference nor challenge the governor at any meeting. One will run out number of national dailies Omisore had featured cutting Aregbesola to size on his reckless financial profligacy. None amongst the present political jobbers ever thought Osun masses deserve to feel their impact by checking the government of the day on welfare of the masses especially the civil servants. Today, they all feel the coast is clearer and anyone could defeat Aregbesola's stooge, so, that Omisore guy with tentacles across the state is better as godfather while someone with no contribution to the party should just come and ride on his effort to the government house. Where is that done? OMISORE AND QUESTION OF SDP STRUCTURE Going by Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, structure is defined as 'the state of being well organised or planned with all the parts linked together; a careful plan. Wikipedia further explains political structure refers to institutions or groups and their relations to each other, their patterns of interaction within political systems in such a way that they constitute the political landscape of the political entity. The above definitions better explain that structure in political context is more of people than physical buildings. So, Omisore has people he relates with and regularly links up with whenever occasion demands, as former Deputy Governor, Senator, not even a floor member in the Senate but Chairman Senate Committee on Appropriation where he served meritoriously. Iyiola Omisore had used his position for employment into a lot of federal ministries as far as human empowerment is concerned; note, these people are from various political wards in Osun. These are ready foot soldiers who can do more than they did in 2014. He had given and assisted many in appointments and they are willing to pay back unlike some ingrates. On the other hand, Omisore as face of Osun PDP since the party came into being is well known and connected to every political polling unit in the State. In all of these units are lovers and admirers of Omisore who are always ready to deliver but for the imposition of self acclaimed political leaders whose status and "bigmansm' could not translate to electoral victory not only in the governorship election but other elections conducted during the time, now the footsoldiers have direct access to Omisore and this will make them double their efforts. With all the PDP big names from Ijesha, why did Baba Francis Fadahunsi lost the Senate after Omisore had delivered his constituency to him? Why did many of them loose their polling units to wards and ultimately their local government? This implies electoral victory is a function of well coordinated and strategically organised electoral apparatus; identification and use of trusted, committed and genuine party faithfuls not political merchants whose aspiration is to aim Dangote's status with election fund. Today, the project is less of the politicians but the masses who really want an end to the Aregbesola's misrule in Osun State. They are as eager as willing, praying day and night and come Sept 22nd their prayer shall be answered on Omisore.

1 Like

Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by topsyn03(m): 9:40am On May 14, 2018
I REP. OMISORE OLORUNDA WARD 8 UNIT 1. IYI LOKAN NI IPINLE OSUN

1 Like

Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by tuniski: 9:42am On May 14, 2018
Omisore is a no no this time!
Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by magoo10(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2018
Sorry but the name alone doesn't make sense politically.

2 Likes

Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by Nobody: 10:02am On May 14, 2018
topsyn03:
I REP. OMISORE OLORUNDA WARD 8 UNIT 1. IYI LOKAN NI IPINLE OSUN
visit the nearest hospital for a thorough check

1 Like

Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by Adegunmountain(f): 7:20am On Jun 07, 2018
bamidelee:

visit the nearest hospital for a thorough check
you are the one that needs to check your brain bro...if after 8 years of aregbesola bad governance you can't still think straight and support the only grassroot politician we have in the state. Then you need a mental check up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by Adegunmountain(f): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2018
The thing u no sabi no is that omisore is the one only that can fight for us in osun state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by Adegunmountain(f): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2018
magoo10:
Sorry but the name alone doesn't make sense politically.
we are not selling name here sir....Sen. Omisore is the only candidate to beat in the next election, present your own candidate and let's meet at d poll. Ose omi, o jere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by Lipscomb(m): 7:38am On Jun 07, 2018
grin criminal.
Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by Lipscomb(m): 7:39am On Jun 07, 2018
grin criminal and assassin.
Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by magoo10(m): 8:31am On Jun 07, 2018
Adegunmountain:
we are not selling name here sir....Sen. Omisore is the only candidate to beat in the next election, present your own candidate and let's meet at d poll. Ose omi, o jere
if his name does not sell I wonder what else you want to sell.omisore is bad market any time any day ,you can mark the date after the elections I will remind you I told you so.

2 Likes

Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
Adegunmountain:
you are the one that needs to check your brain bro...if after 8 years of aregbesola bad governance you can't still think straight and support the only grassroot politician we have in the state. Then you need a mental check up
mention them
Re: I Rep. Otunba Iyiola Omisore by Adegunmountain(f): 12:10am On Jul 01, 2018
U no get Google

(1) (Reply)

APC Raises Alarm Over Plots To Blackmail Party Leadership / Why Buhari Government Is South West Government / Map Of Nigeria, And Map Of All 36 States And FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.