Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Emergency Communications Commission (112) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emergency Communications Commission (112) (346 Views)

112,351 Passports Uncollected, Says Immigration / NCC Upgrades Emergency Communications Centres To Operational Centres. Now 25 / Twitter Suspends Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emergency Communications Commission (112) by hadjipapiey(m): 10:00am On May 14, 2018
Good morning good NairaLanders!

Lately I've seen FRSC vehicles have 112 inscribed on it. Having understand lagos has it's Emergency response Unit number as 767 which operates in lagos and it's environs alone.

2years ago, In the cause of my curiosity, seeing 112 on police and FRSC cars in other states, I decided to Dail the line and inquire , having know it's a toll free.

Behold, I got placed on the queue as I waited for my call to get picked. then I heard ;

112 please What's your Emergency?
I wondered my name wasn't asked, and I thought to myself this is an emergency help line, and so, first is to savour the situation and rescue the distressed caller. Maybe it's life threatening!

I inquired about the help line and their modus Operandi.
Long story short, it's somewhat a prototype of what I've watched in American movies like the call and the likes that depicts 911. I felt we are moving and it's a great security initiative which a developed or a developing countries should have, especially a country like Nigeria that Is Ravaged with a lot of crime yet unabated.

I was anxious to see more of it like adverts, publicity and awareness to the general public on what number to call when they are distressed with emergencies,But not forthcoming.

Fast forward, just last month, I had cause to call for an emergency. Alas! It wasn't connecting..
I kept on till I had sought for another alternative.
Till this very morning it's not connecting!
Could it have been wiped off?

My question is,
Is 112 working in your state
Have you ever been distressed and called for 112 for once

Please What's your experience

Cc: Lalasticlala
Cc: Mynd44
Cc: Dominique
Re: Emergency Communications Commission (112) by TiptopD(m): 10:06am On May 14, 2018
I don't know about it
Re: Emergency Communications Commission (112) by hadjipapiey(m): 10:11am On May 14, 2018
TiptopD:
I don't know about it

Which state are you from?
If you are a Nigerian,
Dial 112 and let's see what you get undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Guber Race: Revd. Tunde Afe Emerges As ANRP Candidate / Ambode’s Wife Gives N500,000 Monthly Allowance To Quintuplets For 12 Months / Buhari Can Never Control My Financial Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.