Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria (57401 Views)

Nigerian Lady Monitors Her Washed Panties With Cutlass Over Fear Of Yahoo Boys / Ringleader Of Yahoo Plus Gang That Kidnapped, Killed DELSU Student Slumps, Dies / Elozino Joshuana Ogege: Photos Of Yahoo Boys Who Kidnapped, Killed DELSU Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by misano(m): 5:32pm On May 14, 2018
crafteck:
All these words, all i depict are jealousy, beef and greed

Go & form ur own country pls, I beg U in D name of God. U are one of rotten eggs killing this country. Pls take ur bags and go.

Crafteck pls go away. U are smelling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by friendl: 5:34pm On May 14, 2018
First of all ,our leaders should be arrested for YAHOOING the youths ,the whole citizens ,all the promises they were promising before people voted them in ,they never fulfil any one ,so they should be arrested for YAHOOING ,this is what the head gives to the body,the body will take ,RUBBISH SHIT HOLE COUNTRY
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by rookiy(m): 5:36pm On May 14, 2018
Jatinzbusinessc:
cool

If you have ever been scammed before, you will be an advocate of jungle justice I have been there before it is devastating some times you end up committing suicide as the post up there reads.

This yahoo boys makes people that hustle legit look foolish they make us look bad to the international community, Nigerian is written on your visa then don't feel sad when they search you 3 times.

This is what internet frudstar and drug dealer make us go through if you support scam then use your Brain to

THINK AGAIN.
But u know people that get scammed are also scammers and selfish they wanna reap were the didn't sow..u offer a man 50k ..and tell the man to pay 10k .to claim the price, the man pays ..and get scammed ,if he wasn't selfish, he wouldn't HV been scammed.. were he take work for 50k ..were he wn claim

3 Likes

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 14, 2018
GURUGRAPHICS:
I concur grin grin see the rubbish mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...hungry journalist undecided

Earlier this year, an 82-year-old grandmother in the U.S, Marjorie Earl Jones who lost all of her money to a con artist, was so devastated by the scam that she committed suicide.

Similarly, a lonely bachelor in the United Kingdom- Ian Doney, 51, sent thousands of pounds and paid for flights after believing he had met one girlfriend online and she was travelling to the UK. He also committed suicide on the 30th of August, 2016 after being scammed.

After he spent all day waiting fruitlessly at the airport, he went on to give more money for medical bills because he was told her visit had been prevented by an accident.

“He had not had a relationship with anybody. He just wanted a family.”

"He was borrowing money to send over there. He wasn't eating properly and he was starving himself. Anything he could sell, he sold it."
his sister, Gillian Doney revealed. These are just a few examples of the catastrophic effects of internet fraud on individual lives.

Certainly, you didn't read what was written up there.

Apart from the suicide tale, this part can also make one cry: “He had not had a relationship with anybody. He just wanted a family.” cry

5 Likes

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Abudu2000(m): 5:37pm On May 14, 2018
mansamusa2020:
The real scammers are the politicians.... make i go check my log grin
lol werey grin u no dey hear word sha... Well off to spamming I can't shout cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Forzap: 5:39pm On May 14, 2018
misano:

U are a mistake & disgrace to ur parents.

you are a waste to your parents and entire generation, oloriburuku!!
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Pentools(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2018
Temple1288:

It's not God! It's US! We can stop it..

Sincerely and realistically saying, you n I are quite aware that it's absolutely impossible.
However don't perceive it to be pessimistic of me but telling ourselves the truth, where doyin think that "US" will start from in mending the over-sized corruption running our nation. Brother it's obvious and we must have to admit it the more we go the more corruption n crimes grow in our nation. I must be honest with you politicians and social media are major contributors to crime(fraud precisely) especially politicians using social media as a vice.

What do you make of a politician that it's not academically n otherwise worth the position he's occupying flaunting cars, houses n his partying way of life to the public. If you were a bright classmate of such person knowing fully well the person has nothing upstairs intellectually and leadership wise, whereas you the brighter one is struggling to keep up with a meal per day not out of your ineligibility or inactions but due to maintaining your fairness and patriotic nature yet you were sidelined. In what way do you think you will be seeing your son who is patriotic to the society.
This is easier said than done, Nigeria is irreapparable regardless of how you see it. The social media (synonymous to fakery) is always there to remind you that life is never fair to the hardworking but to the "smart working"wink

2 Likes

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by crafteck(m): 5:40pm On May 14, 2018
misano:

Go & form ur own country pls, I beg U in D name of God. U are one of rotten eggs killing this country. Pls take ur bags and go.

Crafteck pls go away. U are smelling.

If i b yahoo boy i for happy, its crazy how they spend but what i think is they should be crucified on same alter as politicians, they steal from people that have and keep for themselves, robinhood without the sharing... Lol... Politicians take from those that have and dont have and kill to keep it, they are our major concern, theyve bled us dry in this nation

1 Like

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Temple1288(m): 5:42pm On May 14, 2018
Grupo:

Who are you?
You seem to know so much!

I'm Tempe1288 bro... Lol [center][/center]

1 Like

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Pentools(m): 5:43pm On May 14, 2018
Temple1288:

It's not God! It's US! We can stop it..

Sincerely and realistically saying, you n I are quite aware that it's absolutely impossible.
However don't perceive it to be pessimism of me but telling ourselves the truth, where do you think that "US" will start from in mending the over-sized corruption running our nation. Brother it's obvious and we must have to admit it, the more we go the more corruption n crime grow rapidly in our nation. I must be honest with you politicians and social media are major contributors to crime(fraud precisely) especially politicians using social media as a vice.

What do you make of a politician that it's not academically n otherwise worth the position he's occupying flaunting cars, houses n his partying way of life to the public. If you were a bright classmate of such person knowing fully well the person has nothing upstairs intellectually and leadership wise, whereas you the brighter one is struggling to keep up with a meal per day not out of your ineligibility or inactions but due to maintaining your fairness and patriotic nature yet you were sidelined. In what way do you think you will be seeing your son who is patriotic to the society.
This is easier said than done, Nigeria is irreapparable regardless of how you see it. The social media (synonymous to fakery) is always there to remind you that life is never fair to the hardworking but to the "smart working"wink
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:45pm On May 14, 2018
JeffreyJames:
Lengthy but worth the read.

Buhari is not the only problem of Nigeria. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Many Nigerians are actually worse than Buhari.

We keep crying "the system is not working", please who is stopping the system from working if not we the Nigerians?!

A less dispassionate analysis would indicate to you that cyber fraud exists because the alternatives have been destroyed.
Yahoo is crime, but the sociologist in me does not blame Yahoo boys. Of course they are thieves, idiots. ritualists etc etc .
But if we want change, we must supply jobs. Jobs. Jobs.
Lastly, 'Nigerians' have stopped the system from working - but not all Nigerians. Look to the leadership and political class. That's where the rot begins and solution lies.

1 Like

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by astevee(m): 5:47pm On May 14, 2018
naijaboiy:
Okay...me I'm not saying yahoo is good o! But.. grin

The issue of internet fraud is something that will continue to bring up a huge divide between Nigerians as it is evident in the bold and open support of this crime.

I asked myself, why are these people surprised? Are they so oblivious of the happenings in our country? No other crime has garnered such a huge support from supposed law abiding citizens except this. Even the menace of kidnapping or militancy was never supported this way.

We should be asking ourselves why it is so and what to do to get out of it and we really have to be realistic with ourselves in this country. Since Saturday all I've been reading upandan is the debate as to if cyber crime is a lesser evil of other crimes. No suggestions or solutions of what can be done.

No crime is justified, but does that stop people from committing the crime? No! But what happens when almost every young individual in the country begins to see that crime as the only way out. Does that not tell us that something is fundamentally wrong somewhere?

Back in the day I knew yahoo as something only meant for older people who have the mind to pull such a stunt but these days SS2 boys for edo college Don dey learn work. As in that one na another course wey Dem wan go study join the one way JAMB go allow them study for university.

See ehn! You don't just condemn and sit down. If there are no jobs and the jobs available pays peanuts, people will be moved to crime even while still working. I laugh at the op who thinks it's only the unserious ones in school that end up in cyber crime, it shows you don't know much about the situation at hand and e go shock you. I personally know someone who graduated with a second class upper in engineering after fruitlessly searching for a job, he settled to do a business but the business crashed in months due to financial setbacks majorly. I don't think I need to emphasize what alternative he found next.

If we want to do things let's do it the right way, if we want these boys to drop their phones or laptops then there has to be some sort of hope somewhere that everything will be good. An alternative. It's a thing of choice I agree, and not everyone actually has the patience to wait for a slow government.

So believe me when I say things will get worse if we all don't wake up!
Starting from our government. They are the leaders and we are obliged to follow, so don't expect an average Nigerian youth to see one Dino driving a vintage car or private jet and he knows he will never have that opportunity in his life except he plays it dirty.

That's the truth in Nigeria we never want to hear.

Valid point you made here, whether educated or not, guys are hungry and are clamping onto the next surest alternative that pays and cyber crime is paying real good. The justification here is not the case of the end justifying the means. Who do you blame? For me i think it is a systemic failure especially on our political structure where the selected few put their selfish interest above the greater good.
I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel,it's gonna get really worse (sample opinions among youths in the streets, and you'd know).
GOVERNMENT AT THE TOP HOLDS THE KEY,NOBODY SHOULD TELL ME THAT CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME.
Abeg which kind change be that when i don't even have any change to spend.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Temple1288(m): 5:48pm On May 14, 2018
Pentools:

However don't perceive it to be pessimistic of me but telling ourselves the truth, where doyin think that "US" will start from in mending the over-sized corruption running our nation. Brother it's obvious and we must have to admit it the more we go the more corruption n crimes grow in our nation. I must be honest with you politicians and social media are major contributors to crime(fraud precisely) especially politicians using social media as a vice.

I got travel to Ellisville, Mississippi State of the USA thru a family I met on Facebook, and later when they visited Rivers State, I used to stay in Eneka, ObiAkpor LGA tho I'm from Amorka Ihiala LGA of Anambra State...

I used to a staff of a Hotel in Porthacourt.. I didn't think of scamming them and it paid off. What haven't I gotten as a Human Being? Crime doesn't pay!

2 Likes

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 14, 2018
Angelfrost:

If you can't comprehend properly written essays, then you should re-take your WASSCE.

useless you. only if you knew my highest level of education.. like i said what is the essence behind this writeup? trash..
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by drkay(m): 5:55pm On May 14, 2018
Wow, this is a very nice piece.

2 Likes

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Pentools(m): 5:55pm On May 14, 2018
Temple1288:

I got travel to Ellisville, Mississippi State of the USA thru a family I met on Facebook, and later when they visited Rivers State, I used to stay in Eneka, ObiAkpor LGA tho I'm from Amorka Ihiala LGA of Anambra State...

I used to a staff of a Hotel in Porthacourt.. I didn't think of scamming them and it paid off. What haven't I gotten as a Human Being? Crime doesn't pay!

It's unjustifiable and it will be un-nice of me to justify it in anyway, remembering our subject matter is how Nigerians can collectively deal with fraud once n for all, not just you nor me but every one of us. It's a top to bottom rectification.

1 Like

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Temple1288(m): 5:57pm On May 14, 2018
Pentools:

It's unjustifiable and it will be un-nice of me to justify it in anyway, remembering our subject matter is how Nigerians can collectively deal with fraud once n for all, no just you or me but every one of us. It's a top to bottom rectification.

Bless you bro

2 Likes

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 14, 2018
JeffreyJames:

Buhari is not the only problem of Nigeria. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Many Nigerians are actually worse than Buhari.

We keep crying "the system is not working", please who is stopping the system from working if not we the Nigerians?!

All of you in support of fraudsters, I hope one day you wake up and all your savings and sweat has been wiped out and used to pop champagne in a club. Then una eyes go clear.

Some would say it is greed. Agreed, some victims are greedy, but what would you call the pensioner who thought she was giving her details to a bank officer to assist in "rectifying a problem with her bank account" only for her life savings to be wiped out?....what would you call that?

You're right bro. I know of a grandmother (pensioner) who lost her savings to this menace. Thank God she had some left in another account. Only God knows what would have happened to her BP that day. May God change their hearts. undecided
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by okwabayi(m): 6:01pm On May 14, 2018
Abegi. Sofar it keeps idle youths busy and they steal from the white man only then nothing concerns me. I have related with a lot of them and they tell me majority would readily pick arms and rob if not for the yahoo alternative.

The article is lengthy, I suggest a summary next time because I will not waste time reading.
One thing we should know is yes, Nigeria comes third but the rate which the US and UK practice theirs is a whole scale larger than ours [Wikipedia]. The only reason we are pin-pointed is the absurdity of our claims and misspelling of words from paragraph to paragraph. The white man is only baffled ours works even when it looks idiotic.
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 14, 2018
Seun360:

Hmm, this country is finished.

Just hoping to get my papers worked and bolt out of this Godforsaken country.

Don't run o! Nigeria our country.
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 6:10pm On May 14, 2018
aonag:

useless you. only if you knew my highest level of education.. like i said what is the essence behind this writeup? trash..

okay! My sincere apologies. I should have come down to your level of reasoning. The post is simply to point out the rot in the image of Nigeria as a nation due to the menace of internet fraudsters, and the glaring fact that we have refused to wholly condemn it in its entirety. Are you now clear on the essence? You are welcome.
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 6:11pm On May 14, 2018
oyetunder:
undecided We are in a society where MONEY alone is worthy to be worshipped. Our only measure of success is MONEY. Our only standard of recognition is MONEY. To be brilliant, gifted and wise without money is a crime to us. Our slogan in Nigeria is 'Just Make Money'. That is why we are daily producing hyper-greedy politicians like Ibori, bankers like Erastus, Kidnappers like Evans, ritualists...uncountable Yahoo boys...and even dubious Alfas and Prophets. For example, if you should serve as governor in any state in Nigeria and after your tenure you cannot boast of billions, the same Nigerians you served shall surely called you a monumental failure, a mugun and a disgrace to your family.

You captured the situation perfectly
Thumbs up.
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 6:19pm On May 14, 2018
Penisinpenisout:
Very soon Nigeria and Nigerians as a whole would be the least, or the bottom citizens of the world. We are soo mediocre, it's painful to watch.
Travelled to some countries in East Africa and most people never heard of internet fraud before. Why do West African's lack morals? So backward in everything, preach the reverse of everything.

I challenge you to name a continent whose Moral Values are as lowly as ours.

It's a big shame really
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by johnkey: 6:22pm On May 14, 2018
God punish you op. oloriburuku na poverty you like na. oloshi die in poverty no go carry your laptop. and to those saying rubbish with the op keep living like it's 1956 while we balling hard. ode people you only live once.
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by PMPhoenix(m): 6:28pm On May 14, 2018
JeffreyJames:

All of you in support of fraudsters, I hope one day you wake up and all your savings and sweat has been wiped out and used to pop champagne in a club. Then una eyes go clear.

Some would say it is greed. Agreed, some victims are greedy, but what would you call the pensioner who thought she was giving her details to a bank officer to assist in "rectifying a problem with her bank account" only for her life savings to be wiped out?....what would you call that?

And yet here in the market places and slums we are quick to throw tires around people who steal something as minute as a pair of slippers to immolate them.
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by johnkey: 6:29pm On May 14, 2018
my first 2 years in school was filled with hunger, tears, disappointments, landlord wahala, frustration from squatting and roommates, until I made up my mind dropped out and bought a laptop with my school fees. now that's all history. my mama sef no fit ask me for certificate when her account dey smile every weekend. turn your illegal to legal, eni to mo way lo mowe. die in poverty shogbo when your government don't even care. shey una no dey even think ni? shey una no dey see future ni, ah oloriburuku ni awon people yi sha. I'm in my condo come and catch me. losers.

6 Likes

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by misano(m): 6:31pm On May 14, 2018
crafteck:

If i b yahoo boy i for happy, its crazy how they spend but what i think is they should be crucified on same alter as politicians, they steal from people that have and keep for themselves, robinhood without the sharing... Lol... Politicians take from those that have and dont have and kill to keep it, they are our major concern, theyve bled us dry in this nation

All of them are the same.
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by johnkey: 6:31pm On May 14, 2018
only problem I have is with the 'local' scammers I won't support that ever. enter US Europe Australia Asia go find clients abeg free our Mama's and Papa's. clients full there, clients from heaven. I dey vex today.
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 14, 2018
Seun360:

Hmm, this country is finished.

Just hoping to get my papers worked and bolt out of this Godforsaken country.

Bolting out to where exactly? lol

You better stay and fix your country. grin
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by misano(m): 6:40pm On May 14, 2018
Forzap:

you are a waste to your parents and entire generation, oloriburuku!!

Talking with U isn't worth my time.
I have told ur reputational status.

Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by Forzap: 6:43pm On May 14, 2018
misano:

Talking with U isn't worth my time.
I have told ur reputational status.

just get lost, arindi Omo !!
Re: The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria by BedLam: 6:44pm On May 14, 2018
Penisinpenisout:

Ofcourse fraud is fraud, it's the intensity with which it is perpatuated that matters. Not like I'd expect you to know that.

Typical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Denies Port-Harcourt Office Picture Of People Packed / Woman Accused Of Killing Agulu Youths In Anambra & Using Church To Cover Up / IMSU Student, Blessing Amam, Found Dead With Boyfriend In Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.