Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal (1159 Views)

Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos / Nigeria V South Africa: The Battle For African Supremacy - BBC / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by AntKenny: 9:40pm On May 23, 2010
Aliko Dangote, a billionaire Nigerian industrialist, is in talks to buy the 16% stake being sold by Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith, the club’s fourth-largest shareholder. Dangote is understood to have registered his interest in buying the holding with Blackstone, the American finance house that has been given the job of finding a buyer for the shares.

Bracewell-Smith’s stake is currently worth £96m, but she is seeking up to £160m for the shares. Her holding is key to the future ownership of the north London club.

www.antslittlethoughts..com
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by mamagee3(f): 9:46pm On May 23, 2010
Aliko Dangote is a joke!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by abadaba(m): 11:12pm On May 23, 2010
Dangote should use his millions to improve the lives of Almajiris in Hausaland and Yorubaland.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by hatch: 11:24pm On May 23, 2010
@haters
I recommend you all should go and listen to Eldee's new track titled "Is it your money ?"
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by auwal87(m): 11:26pm On May 23, 2010
May 23 (Bloomberg) -- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote is in talks to buy a 16 percent stake in Arsenal Football Club that could trigger a takeover battle for the Premier League soccer club, the Sunday Times reported.

Dangote has registered his interest with Blackstone Group to buy the stake from Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith, the club’s fourth-largest shareholder, the newspaper said, without saying where it got the information.

Bracewell-Smith is seeking up to 160 million pounds ($231 million) for the holding, which is now worth 96 million pounds, the Sunday Times said. Russia’s Alisher Usmanov and U.S. billionaire Stan Kroenke may also buy the shares, it said.

A spokesman for Dangote did not immediately answer a mobile phone seeking comment today. Arsenal spokesman Dan Tolhurst didn’t immediately return a phone message.

Source
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by obiem(m): 1:52pm On May 24, 2010
Read this story on goal.com Hmm, with the way things are going, Mike Adenuga will soon bid to buy shares in Manchester United.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by chidichris(m): 2:10pm On May 24, 2010
Nigerian Billionaire - Business forum
enters battle - war forum
arsenal - sports forum

oga please carry ur story to the right forum.
@moderator,
there was a thread of this forum that had the photograph of obasanjo sleeping in a public gathering, whatsoever that must have happened to that post shld repeat itself on this thread now before i refer to u are been selective in ur justice.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by martinosi: 2:12pm On May 24, 2010
hmmm, these nigerians with their "Billions" should think
about using their dosh for more useful means,

An European or American and some asian buying a part or major stake in
a European Football club o.k an African and Black African right now - A BIG NO!!!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by martinosi: 2:15pm On May 24, 2010
chidichris:

Nigerian Billionaire - Business forum
enters battle - war forum
arsenal - sports forum

oga please carry your story to the right forum.
@moderator,
there was a thread of this forum that had the photograph of obasanjo sleeping in a public gathering, whatsoever that must have happened to that post shld repeat itself on this thread now before i refer to u are been selective in your justice.

Chidi you better think twice before you open your mouth, i guess
you dont know much about Sports In Europe or the UK for that matter,
SPORTS IS POLITICS BEFORE BUSINESS, SORRY MATE.LEARN,
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by Kx: 2:17pm On May 24, 2010
He holds 0% stake in El kanemi,
He cares nothing about Eyimba
He is not interested in Wikki Toourists,
yet he is interested in the shares of the school boys arsenal fc in far away queens land.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Charity begins abroad.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by omamokta: 3:07pm On May 24, 2010
Thats one bad thing about our leaders, Nigerian sports has not felt Aliko's impact anywhere. Is everything about money? Pls somebody should educate him on social responsibility.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by vanitty: 3:16pm On May 24, 2010
How many Nigerians are interested in those clubs you named undecided
Hypocritical people, majority of them know wetin happen step by step for premiership but tell them to name one player for Eyimba they go dey look like dunce.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by proudly9ja(m): 3:40pm On May 24, 2010
Some responses from an Arsenal fans website

#
Whether Aliko Dangote is Nigerian, English or from outer space nationality isn't the question here. The question is whether the person is of proper character under the FA guide lines. We don't want another Thaskin like Man City got and we don't want a Hicks. The reality is that in the near future someone will acquire that magical 39%.For the clubs sake it better be the right person of proper character.

Tom [Moderator] 6 hours ago
1 person liked this.
Seems all the crooks and self seeking capitalists in the world are lining up to take over UK football clubs - if you could look at football objectively (which of course you can't as you're a fan) you would have nothing to do with it

dudester [Moderator] 7 hours ago
3 people liked this.
Here is what happens when Arsenal fans database gets to Nigerian hands

"
Dear Arsenal Fan,

You have won a lucky draw hosted by Nigeria worth 5 thousand. Please reply with your credit card number, secret code to allow us to charge it back to your credit.
We look forward to your support. Thanks!

Regards
Ofeko

Arsenal FC (Nigerian Representatives)

Toppiano [Moderator] 6 hours ago in reply to dudester
1 person liked this.
Why not keep your mouth shut when u know nothing serious would come out of it. You would either be a scammer or terrorist. This is a site of friends and fans not of racists. Am a Nigerian fan and would remain one. Being a Nigerian does not make one a devil, and being English does not make you a saint.

pozdny [Moderator] 1 hour ago in reply to Toppiano
Toppiano:
Dudester's message, like the posting above, is a joke. It's all over. Lighten up! = )

dudester [Moderator] 3 hours ago in reply to Toppiano
LOL, stfu, b*tch!

goona [Moderator] 7 hours ago
No offense mate but do you do anything other than copy and paste stuff from the news? It seems everytime I see an article from you it's just something recycled from BBC Sport.

Arsenal could do with a few new signings this summer.
Arsenal-Mania should follow suit. Start by getting a taxi for Mark Brus.

I forgot to mention i am going to get 10% from the fund transfer as a cut. What a nice guy indeed

Gunner man [Moderator] 7 hours ago in reply to dudester
You are very silly with your comments on Nigerians, Get Lost you Fool

ohhh Aliko Dangote just sent me an email last week to assist him to transfer some funds as he had difficulty after acquiring a new land. All I have to do is to give him my bank account number. What a great guy, can't wait for him to takeover Arsenal!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by martinosi: 3:54pm On May 24, 2010
proudly9ja:

Some responses from an Arsenal fans website

Dangote should forget about it, We dont need any Nigerian in the near or far future
to buy any stake into a UK football club!!!

NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! And again we say NO NO NO!,

Nigerians Rich people have nothing to show for their riches!!!

I thought billionaires were supposed to make the services and Products more
accessable to the general buying public,

Not soo with the Nigerian Wealthy, We have a long way to go,
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by naso2(m): 4:04pm On May 24, 2010
The story is false

Nigeria's richest man, billionaire Aliko Dangote, on Monday denied media reports that he was considering buying a 16 percent stake in English Premier League soccer club Arsenal.

Britain's Sunday Times newspaper and other media reported that Dangote had registered his interest in buying a stake being sold by Nina Bracewell-Smith, the club's fourth biggest investor.

"I am a longstanding supporter of Arsenal Football Club and have been involved in conversations around investment in the past," Dangote said in a statement.

"However, I can say categorically at this time that I have no intention of investing in the club and will not be acquiring a stake. I wish Arsenal Football Club the best for the future and will continue to follow the team as a fan."

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5572332-146/nigerian_tycoon_says_no_plans_to.csp
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by maclatunji: 4:15pm On May 24, 2010
Wait o, Aliko Dangote's interest in Arsenal is based on business sense now, no be based on charity or sentiments. Can anybody tell me of any club that has a better Financial Statement than Arsenal especially in terms of Return on Investment? Alhaji is just trying to become richer with this bid for Arsenal's shares.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by naso2(m): 4:19pm On May 24, 2010
^^^^^^^^^
After you saw the post above that he has denied having any interest? *Shakes head*
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by yemmight(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2010
abadaba:

Dangote should use his millions to improve the lives of Almajiris in Hausaland and Yorubaland.

Useless post.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Enters Battle For Arsenal by Jarus(m): 6:22pm On May 24, 2010
Read this comment
Here is what happens when Arsenal fans database gets to Nigerian hands

"
Dear Arsenal Fan,

You have won a lucky draw hosted by Nigeria worth 5 thousand. Please reply with your credit card number, secret code to allow us to charge it back to your credit.
We look forward to your support. Thanks!

Regards
Ofeko

Arsenal FC (Nigerian Representatives)

ROTFLMAO. . .yeeeee, ori mi o
grin grin grin grin grin grin
See how dem finish Naija . . . grin
Most likely that comment will be from a Ghanaian grin

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti / Nigerian, 32, Murdered Over 'sakawa' Money / Acn Concedes 2015 To Jonathan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.