Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

The New Girl - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The New Girl (134493 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
Episode 26
Kelvin’s room *
Kelvin: I’m telling you Paul, Brenda has fallen for me (smirking).
Paul: Wow! Do you know how many times I tried wooing her? And you just tried once and she has fallen for you (looking shocked).
Kelvin: That’s the difference between you and I.
Paul: Well, you didn’t have to rub it in (shrugging).
Kelvin: (laughs) Sorry bro. I didn’t mean any harm. There’s even this other girl Kenneth introduced me to. That girl is so hot! Her body has got me daydreaming bro.
Paul: JayJay Kelvin, the king of kings, the baddest guy on earth, I salute you. The way you play with all these girls all at the same time, I think you should be made the ‘Minister of Women Affairs’ of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (smirking).
Kelvin: (laughs hard) You’re crazy bro! Minister of what? You’re crazy Paul.
Paul: (chuckles) Better believe it bro. So what about Susan? Remember we have a bet concerning her.
Kelvin: I know, and get ready to pay me the money (smirking).
Paul: Oh really? So what’s been happening?
Kelvin: Ever since the day we spoke at the cafeteria, we have been become quite close and just before she left for the Christmas holiday, I confessed love to her…
Paul: You did what? Why on earth did you do that? Or are you now in love with her?
Kelvin: Calm down Paul, I’m not in love with her. Well, I’m in love with her body though but it’s all part of the process of winning her over.
Paul: So, telling her you love her when you don’t is part of the ‘process’? (Rolling eyes).
Kelvin: Yeah it is but I won’t expect you to understand.
Paul: And what was her reply?
Kelvin: She said she would think about it but I know she is just postponing the inevitable.
Paul: Then what happens when she finds out you are not in love with her? That you were just playing with her feelings and emotions?
Kelvin: By then, I will be long gone out of her life.
Paul: Okay, just remember our bet because I’m still certain you will not succeed.
Kelvin: Okay, just watch and see boy (smirking).
Paul: So, I’m now a boy? Alright no problem.
Kelvin: (laughs) Chill man. I forgot to tell you I’ll be expecting someone today.
Paul: Oh really? Who’s that?
Kelvin: The girl Kenneth introduced me to. So you know the drift bro, once she comes, you fake a phone call and leave (wink).
Paul: Alright! Alright! You always get all the fun (smirking).
Kelvin: (laughs) I’m working for the money bro.
* Someone knocks *
Kelvin: That must be her (open the door) Hi! Come in.
Girl: Thanks (smiling).
Kelvin: So Paul, meet my princess, Tania. Tania, meet my best friend, Paul.
Paul: Nice to meet you princess Tania (offering his hand for a handshake).
Tania: (smiles) Nice to meet you too Paul (receiving his hand).
Kelvin: Welcome to my little castle my princess. What can I offer you?
Tania: Anything you have will do.
Kelvin: Alright, I have something special for you (walks to the closet).
* Paul’s phone rings *
Paul: Hello? Yeah I’m around. Really? Okay, I will right there (fake call ends) Hey Kelvin, I’m going out; I’ll be back soon.
Kelvin: Alright bro.
Paul: Bye Tania (leaving).
Tania: Bye!
Kelvin: So, I guess it’s just you and I now.
Tania: I can see that (smiling).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
Episode 27
You!?” They both chorused as they recognized each other.
“What are you doing here?” Edwin asked as he got up.
“I’m looking for a job,” Susan replied.
“A job? Why are you looking for a job?” Edwin asked looking a bit confused.
“It’s kinda of a long story, let me not bore you with it. What about you? What are you doing here?” Susan asked.
“Nothing, I’m just taking a walk. Now leave me alone, I want to be alone,” Edwin said as he began walking out of her presence.
“No I won’t. You don’t look too good, what’s wrong?” Susan asked looking concerned.
“Stop acting like you care and leave me alone, I don’t want to talk to anyone,” Edwin said agitated at her.
“No I won’t leave you alone and yes I do care. We might not know much about each other or see each other eye to eye but that doesn’t mean that I should ignore you when you are troubled,” Susan said in one breath.
“Okay, thanks for your concern but…,” Edwin said but was quickly cut short.
“…No but. And have you been drinking? You reek of alcohol, I’m surprised you are not drunk,” Susan said.
“Don’t be surprise baby girl, I’m too strong to be drunk,” Edwin said with a smirk on his lips.
“Alright let’s play a game. I will tell you why I’m looking for a job and you will tell me what’s bothering you. Sounds fair?” Susan asked.
“Sounds childish… And I like childish stuff so fine,” Edwin said as he chuckled.
They then walked to the nearby park where they found an empty seat and settled down there.
Edwin: So ‘Miss I wanna know it all’, why are you looking for job? Or aren’t you on a scholarship?
Susan: Yes I am. Getting a job is to help my family.
Edwin: Really? How? (Raised eyebrow).
Susan: Well, my family is going through a huge financial breakdown. We can’t even afford 3 square meals a day (sighs).
Edwin: Wow! That’s horrible (looking sad).
Susan: Yeah. And I can’t let my father shoulder all the burden on his own. So, I decided to get a job so that I can assist in any little way I can (smiles).
Edwin: Wow! You are really something special. Your parents must be really proud to have you as a daughter.
Susan: I’m sure they are (smiles). But my dad doesn’t like the idea of me getting a job because I’m still in school and it will distract me from my studies.
Edwin: Of course he is right. But I can excuse you due to the situation at hand.
Susan: So what about you? Why are you depressed?
Edwin: It’s my parents.
Susan: What happened to them? Did something bad happen to them?
Edwin: Nothing bad happen to them. It’s kinda of a long story but I will make it short. You see, when I was young, my parents were never concerned about me. They were to busy making money to remember they had a son. My nanny singlehandedly took care of me. If not for her, I would have probably been a spoilt brat.
Susan: Awwn that’s so bad of them. I can only imagine how you feel right now.
Edwin: Yeah, I got back home today and met my mum waiting for my arrival. She began begging me to forgive her for all the years she neglected me.
Susan: And what did you do?
Edwin: What else was I suppose to do? Just accept and welcome her back with open arms as if nothing happened? Hell No. I don’t want to have anything to do with her. She can go to hell for all I care.
Susan: No don’t say that, she’s still your mother. You can’t just shove her out of life because of her past mistake. I know that what she and your father did was very wrong and I know you must be very angry with they did…

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
Continuation
Edwin: … Yes, I’m very angry with what they did.
Susan: I know but you can’t let that cloud the better picture here. You see, do you know you have learnt something big from what your parents did? I’m sure you’ve learnt never to neglect your children when you eventually have some. Or am I wrong?
Edwin: Well, No you’re not (bows head).
Susan: You see. I think you should calm down and listen to her. It won’t hurt if you do or don’t you think so.
Edwin: (sighs) Well, you’re right. I guess it was because I was so angry seeing her there after many months that I couldn’t think straight.
Susan: Yeah I know that feeling. What about your Dad?
Edwin: Well, he might probably be too busy. He’s kinda of the bossy type (chuckles).
Susan: (giggles) Tell me about it. Same with my father.
Edwin: I guess it’s all fathers that are like that huh?
Susan: Too bad you’re gonna become a grumpy, bossy and arrogant Dad someday (smirking).
Edwin: Hey! What do you mean by grumpy? Does this pretty face looks like it’s gonna be grumpy? (Raised eyebrow).
Susan: Of course. Look at your cheeks, they already falling (laughs).
Edwin: Oh yeah? Look at your head, it’s so rectangular. How do you walk through doors with that head? (Smirking).
Susan: Argh! (Screaming and holding her head) you’re mean. I hate you! (Playfully hits him on the shoulder)
Edwin: (laughs hard) Oh, I got you really good didn’t I?
Susan: So the grumpy one can laugh? (Smiles).
Edwin: Of course I can. Although I haven’t done so since the incident but you managed to make me laugh now, so thanks and I will reconcile with my mom and also with my dad if he eventually comes around.
Susan: (chuckles) I’m sure he will and you’re welcome.
Edwin: And please don’t tell anyone about this.
Susan: Sure, your secret is safe with me.
Edwin: Great.
Susan: So, friends? (Extending her hand for a handshake).
Edwin: (smiles) Yeah, friends (receives her hand).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The New Girl by zeko172(m): 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
Excellent piece, am so itchy to read some more. Great job Asemark
Re: The New Girl by Ann2012(f): 8:50am On Jun 12, 2018
Well done @Asemark
Re: The New Girl by izaray(f): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2018
Nice update
Re: The New Girl by oloyedprince1(m): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2018
nice update
Re: The New Girl by harunablezin(f): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
waoh! nice one dere.... thumbs up
Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38, parismoore,
biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae,
ghostwritter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally fasttrack curvydiva
InkPaperVodka cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans
kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene kaycee9242
MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot chivera018 uniquechild
skubido casler godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray
Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz
vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u
victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1 INDUSTRIALFAN
stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince honourable356
oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh xaviercasmier Alexk2
Rollins777 Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC
IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1 stellamarisII
Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05 Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee
tonexyx joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma
Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14,
cadec007, SapphirePRINCEX, Jameskudooski Copy and Pasted Read and Comment pls. God bless you.

Present sir, tanks a lot for the mention.

Nice story. OP well-done oooo.

Following

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by bigbauer(m): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
I've been following this story for a while now, and i must say that i'm so impressed with the OP, i love the way you flow. Keep up with the good work, however, i would want and ask that you keep the updates longer and much more frequent.

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by Phynofest: 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
Wow
Re: The New Girl by Dhavido(m): 9:11am On Jun 13, 2018
Sweet like ewa agoyin and hot bread�
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 13, 2018
Episode 28
*The James’s residence *
Aunt Mary: Here’s your coffee Sandra.
Mrs. James: Thank you Aunt Mary.
Aunt Mary: Are you sure you wanna wait for Edwin this night? I mean it’s already late. Won’t you get some sleep? I’m sure you must be very tired.
Mrs. James: No, I must see him tonight. I must talk to him tonight.
Aunt Mary: But you have been sitting here for 3 hours straight. I’m not sure he’s coming back home today looking at the way and manner he left. He might probably sleep at his friend’s place. Please rest Sandra, you really need it. You have…
Mrs. James: …No, I don’t care if he doesn’t return today, I will wait for his return.
Aunt Mary: Okay Sandra, whatever you say. If you need me, I’ll be in my room. Goodnight (walking out).
Mrs. James: Goodnight Aunt Mary. (sighs) I deserve whatever treatment I’m getting from Edwin. I wish I was more affectionate towards him.
* Flashback *
Mrs. Macaulay: Wow Sandra, that’s great news. I can’t believe you just signed a partnership contract with ‘Shamdam Wears’. That’s the biggest fashion label in the world and you are now partners with them. I’m so happy for you. Congratulations (smiling).
Mrs. James: Thank you very much Rose. You can’t imagine how happy I feel right now. ‘Elegence’ will now be known worldwide.
Mrs. Macaulay: This calls for celebration (smiling).
Mrs. James: (giggles) A huge one for that matter.
Mrs. Macaulay: I think we should have a… (Phone rings) Excuse me Sandra, it’s Daniel. Hello?… How are you Daniel?… I’m doing fine myself… Really?… Wow, that’s great, so when will you be arriving?… Alright, we’ll be expecting you… Okay, take care of yourself… Love you, Bye (call ends).
Mrs. James: You seem excited. What did he say?
Mrs. Macaulay: Daniel said he will be coming back home for Christmas. I’m so excited. It’s been quite a while I last saw him, like 3 months now. I can’t believe how much I’ve missed him. I will have to cook his favourite meal; which is Jollof Rice. I’m sure he will love that (smiling).
Mrs. James: Oh, well that’s good. Do you know if Edwin will do the same?
Mrs. Macaulay: How will I know? Am I his mother?
Mrs. James: I was just asking though. (Sighs) Edwin and I haven’t really been close to each other. I’m not even sure he has my phone number or knows anything about me (looking gloomy).
Mrs. Macaulay: Aww, but you do know you are the cause of it all?
Mrs. James: How?
Mrs. Macaulay: I can’t believe you asking me this question. Both you and Samuel neglected Edwin when he was young because of your businesses. He grew up without the care of a mother all his life. Now tell me, how do you expect him to know anything about you?
Mrs. James: But everything we did was for his own good. We just wanted give him the best of everything, which means we have to work round the clock.
Mrs. Macaulay: Oh please don’t give me that excuse. You can’t tell me you work 24/7?
Mrs. James: Okay, I don’t but there are times I need my ‘me’ time. I’ve always loved my ‘me’ time since I was young.
Mrs. Macaulay: But now you are married and on top of that, you’re also a mother. So your ‘me’ time has to reduce to the utmost minimum.
Mrs. James: (sighs) I know, I now understand that I’ve made a very big mistake in the past. I’m ready to mend things with Edwin but I’m afraid he won’t listen or forgive me.
Mrs. Macaulay: Listen Sandra, yes Edwin would probably not listen to you or forgive you but YOU HAVE TO TRY! Talk to like a mother. I’m sure deep down his heart, he would love to have his mother back to him. So just try and if he still doesn’t want to listen to you, keep on trying. I’m sure he will eventually come around (smiling).
Mrs. James: Do you really think so?
Mrs. Macaulay: I know so. No matter what, you’re still his mother and that will never change, so I’m sure he will eventually come around (smiling).
Mrs. James: Alright. Thank you Rose for your advice and encouragement. I really appreciate it (smiling).
Mrs. Macaulay: Aww, don’t be like that, what are we best friends for?
Mrs. James: (giggles) Yeah, you’re right.
* Flashback ends *

2 Likes

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 13, 2018
Episode 29
Mrs. James: I really do hope Rose was right about forgiving me. With the way he reacted today, I really don’t…
* Edwin walks in *
Mrs. James: Edwin?
Edwin: Yes mother, it’s me.
Mrs. James: Oh my son (crying) I’m sorry for…
Edwin: No Mum, please stop crying. I forgive you (smiling).
Mrs. James: Do you really mean that?
Edwin: I do. You’re still mother even though what you did in the past was wrong, you’re still my mother and you are family. I’m just happy to have you back after many years (smiling).
Mrs. James: Oh my son (tears of joy) I’m so happy to have you back and I promise from now onwards to be the best mother to you.
Edwin: Thanks Mum and sorry for being harsh on you earlier.
Mrs. James: It’s nothing. I’m just glad to have you back. I love you so much my son (goes to hug him).
Edwin: I love you too Mum (Hugs her).
* Mr. James walks in *
Mr. James: Is there space in there for one more?
Mrs. James: (smiles) Welcome honey.
Edwin: Welcome Dad.
Mr. James: Hello everyone. What’s the occasion?
Edwin: Dad, it’s almost Christmas (shrugging).
Mr. James: Oh, I almost forgot about it, but I was reminded by someone or should say something someone did.
Mrs. James: Oh really? And what was that?
Mr. James: I was just coming out of my office when I heard an unusual laughter coming from the reception office. Walking towards it, I saw my receptionist with her son together. It appeared that her son was on holiday and had decided to surprise his mother by paying her a surprise visit. I could see the joy in both mother and son’s eyes as they embraced each other. And it got me thinking, it has been a very long time since I shared that kind of joy with my own son. Edwin, I know I haven’t been much of a father to you but I’ve realised my mistakes and I…
Edwin: No Dad, no need of saying anything because I’m just happy that you’re back. We are now together as a family (smiles).
Mr. James: Yes we are my son (smiles and pats Edwin on the shoulder).
Mrs. James: Yes Edwin. And we are here to stay (smiles).
Edwin: But can you guys do me a favour?
Mr & Mrs. James: Sure, anything.
Edwin: Actually, I have two requests from you guys (smirking).
********************­***********
* Knock on door *
Mr. Williams: (opens the door) Hello?
Man: Good morning sir. Are you Mr. Leonard Williams?
Mr. Williams: Yes I am. What can I do for you?
Man: My name is Kingsley Clinton. I’m from the office of the senate president of the federal republic of Nigeria. I want to let you know that you have been appointed the post of personal assistance to the senate president. Here’s your appointment letter (gives him a letter) Congratulations Mr. Williams.
Mr. Williams: I think there must be a mistake somewhere because I can’t remember applying for any post.
Mr. Clinton: No Mr. Williams there isn’t any mistake. You can check the appointment letter to confirm your appointment.
Mr. Williams: (opens and read’s the letter) Wow! I can’t believe this, it’s true.
Mr. Clinton: Yes it is true. And one more important thing Mr. Williams.
Mr. Williams: And what’s that?

4 Likes

Re: The New Girl by harunablezin(f): 11:00am On Jun 13, 2018
this is not fair ooooooooo........ diz kan suspense nawa oooooooo
Re: The New Girl by zeko172(m): 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2018
*singing* If you hear your naaaame you come and write, if you hear your naaaame you come and write, Asemark come and write!!
Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2018
Gbam, God don pick Mr Williams call. Naso life be, with a lot of patience, tinz go balance 1 day..

B.O.B

OP tanks a lot for the update ooooo. God go bless you

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by queenitee(f): 11:12am On Jun 14, 2018
Eh eh, just laidat o
Re: The New Girl by Tunibitoye(m): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
this guy can put person for suspense ehn
Re: The New Girl by stevodot22(m): 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
Wow loving this piece. More update plsssss.
Re: The New Girl by Rajosh(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2018
so interesting. I'm really enjoying it
Re: The New Girl by pweetygiftofGod(f): 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2018
Loving it
Re: The New Girl by devilmaycry1(m): 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
ride on
Re: The New Girl by wodada: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2018
Next please
Re: The New Girl by tunjilomo(m): 10:10am On Jun 15, 2018
What is the thing?
Re: The New Girl by stevodot22(m): 6:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
World cup don starts we go dey beg for update like beggars. God dey!

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by Opeade939(f): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
Cool story....
Re: The New Girl by SapphireSultana(f): 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]Best Story Ever! I can actually kinda relate to the storyline. Asemark, come and complete what you've started o.
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
SapphireSultana:
[color=#000099][/color]Best Story Ever! I can actually kinda relate to the storyline. Asemark, come and complete what you've started o.
i hear you my queen
Re: The New Girl by Meekdon: 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
Nice story ''my uni fantasies'' grin
Re: The New Girl by harunablezin(f): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
Pls, Oga ASEMARK I'M diz a duress call for an update ooooooooooo
Re: The New Girl by harunablezin(f): 8:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
Pls, Oga ASEMARK diz a duress call for an update ooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

THE UNKNOWN: The Mega-hit Series / The contract / Unrequited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.