Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

The New Girl - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The New Girl (134611 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Girl by Ann2012(f): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
That Kelvin na real player sha....

skubido:

like u read my mind

OP you have not update oooo, waiting for the real Update. jah bless
Re: The New Girl by devilmaycry1(m): 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
karma coming soon @player wow
Re: The New Girl by pweetygiftofGod(f): 9:20am On Jul 14, 2018
grin
Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
LisaAnne:

Following keenly

Plz Stop quoting all d story,
Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ann2012:
That Kelvin na real player sha....

Sist I dey tell u, I pity Susan

1 Like

Re: The New Girl by queenitee(f): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
This Kelvin sha
Re: The New Girl by Jaytoy(f): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
Story done end?
Re: The New Girl by devilmaycry1(m): 8:42am On Jul 23, 2018
tongue
Re: The New Girl by zeko172(m): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2018
Asemark is this where we draw the curtains on this beautiful piece? Update is taking too long o
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2018
Episode 39
“Okay bye!” Kelvin said, dropping the call. “You see, Paul, piece of cake.”
Paul laughs, “The one and only Jay Jay Kelvin. Piece of cake indeed.”
“And here you were insisting I couldn’t get it done.”
“Yep, I was insisting.”
“But now, I’m now halfway done.”
“Yep, but you still won’t do it.”
Kelvin laughs hard, “Are you kidding me? Or are you just not man enough to admit it?”
“Let’s just say I’m saying the fact, how’s that?”
“I know it’s because of the bet we placed that’s making you talk like this.” Kelvin smirked. “Let’s look at the facts. I wooed her, she fell for me, we’re now dating and I know for a certain that she loves me. Look at these facts I listed out and tell me what on earth will make me not sleep with her when she’s already my girlfriend?”
“It’s not about the bet. I just had and still have a strong feeling you won’t succeed. You might be good in wooing girls and all of that, but the way I see her, she doesn’t look like someone that would do that.”
“And how do you know that.”
“I just have the feeling plus, it’s simply logical.”
“Logical or not, I’m still gonna get down on her and prove to you that I’m the greatest there is.”
“Well Mr. Greatest, you better hurry up with your plan.”
“Didn’t we agree on before the first semester exams? Which is about two months from now?”
“Yes, that’s why I’m saying you should hurry up. Two months is almost up.”
“I know what you’re trying to do, Paul,” Kelvin stated as he had a light bulb moment. “You’re saying all these negative stuff to put me off balance; to make me feel I can’t do it. Nice one, Paul but I’m smarter than that.”
Paul laughs, “Okay, if you say so.”
“And for your information, Susan is coming around tomorrow and you know what that means.” Kelvin smirks and winks at Paul.
“It means the game is about to begin.” Paul smirks.
“Then let the games begin.” A knock comes from the door, “She’s here, Paul. You know what to do, right?” Kelvin asks, walking towards the door.
“Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! You get all the fun while I go play hide,” Paul replied.
Kelvin gives him a wink before opening the door, “Hello, my princess.”
“Hi, Honey.” Tania replied as she walked in.
“So, Lizzy, what about your findings?” Hannah asked, taking a white dress off her luggage.
“What findings?” Elizabeth asked looking puzzled.
Hanging the dress in her wardrobe, she replied, “About the guys who beat up Daniel. Have you forgot you promised me you would find out who did it?”
“Ooh… Well, I’ve been asking around, though no one seems to have an idea who they are but, I’m not done with my findings yet. So, don’t worry,” Elizabeth replied with an assurance smile.
“So that means I will still have to a wait a while longer before I can go close to Daniel?” Hannah whimpered.
“Calm down, Hannah. Don’t…”
“Don’t tell me to calm down.” Hannah screamed as she threw away a dress she picked from her luggage. “Do you know how hard it is for me to just walk past him or ignore him whenever I see him? I can’t take it anymore.” Hannah fell on the bed, hot tears streaming down her cheeks.
Elizabeth walks up to her and comforts her, “It’s alright, Hannah. I’m sorry you’re going through all this but you will just have to bear with me for a little while.”
“But how much longer? I can’t take it any longer.”
“Just a little while. Okay, if it would help, I have already have three suspects.”
Quickly wiping her tears and sitting upright, Hannah asked, “Who are they?!”

3 Likes

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
Episode 40
“And what do you mean by we were woefully beaten?” Edwin asked, staring angrily at Clement as the four friends walked to the lecture hall.
“Yes, you were. Man united were outplayed, outshined, outclassed; I mean, you guys were absolutely poor in yesterday’s match,” Clement replied.
The previous night was the Manchester derby between Manchester united and Manchester city with Man city coming out with a two goals to one (2 – 1) victory. Edwin, being a Man united fan, had been trolled by both Clement and Felix who were both Chelsea and Arsenal fans respectively about Man United’s poor performance but Edwin wasn’t having any of it
Daniel was also a Manchester united fan but wasn’t one that would go about arguing or defending his team. He just supported them because they were also his dad’s favourite team. While his friends were busy arguing with each other, he simply put his hands in his pocket and walked a bit further from them, ignoring their ranting.
“I can now see that you were watching the back of the television and not the match itself because if you were, you would have noticed we had a lot of possession,” Edwin ranted.
“Oh, so you had a lot of ball possession but still lost the match right?” Felix asked as he smirked.
“Leave this lunatic talking nonsense. They didn’t only lose the match, they lost at home, at their stadium, old Trafford. And he’s here talking nonsense about ball possession,” Clement said.
“Okay but you guys agree that Man city’s second goal scored by Kelechi Ihenacho, was an offside,” Edwin asked as he stood and folded his arms.
“Ha! Offside my foot. That was…”
Just then, Daniel phone starts ringing. It was his mother.
“Hello, mom,” Daniel said as he picked up the call.
“Hi, Daniel. How are you?” Mrs. Macaulay asked.
“I’m fine, mom.”
“So, I was cleaning up your bedroom yesterday and I found 2 textbooks on the table. Did you forget them?”
“Oh…yeah I did. I was actually looking for them this morning. I’ll come retrieve them later in the day.”
“No, don’t bother yourself doing that. The driver will bring it to you. What time do your lectures end?”
“It ends 2pm. The driver should come by that time.”
“Alright, no problem. Bye!”
“Thanks mom, Bye!”
Putting his phone back in his pocket, Daniel turned around, stared at his friends who were still standing, arguing about the match, scoffed before walking away.
Daniel walked into the lecture hall and sat quietly at his favourite seat; beside the window. There were about fifteen students already in the hall with most of them chatting amongst themselves. Two minutes later, his friends walked into the class, still arguing amongst themselves.
“I still don’t get your point, Eddy. Even you so called Almighty Zlatan, couldn’t save you guys. You guys lost, just face the reality,” Clement said as they walked past Daniel.
“The real reality is we were robbed because man city’s second goal was clearly offside. You can’t dispute that,” Edwin ranted as he sat on an empty seat behind Daniel’s while Clement and Felix stood.
“So you’re now the referee that spots offside goals, huh?” Felix asked.
“Aha, Maxwell is here,” Edwin said as he motioned him to where they stood. “Maxwell, these guys are talking crazy. Tell us the truth, wasn’t that Ihenacho goal offside?”
Maxwell had been their friend since high school and was also a Man united fan. He was average in height and was muscular. His hair was always low that one would think he was born bald and his friends usually teased him for that but he always ignored them.
“That goal was clearly offside,” he stated. “Even the blind could see it.”
“Obviously these two are more blind than blind people,” Edwin scoffed.
“But you do know…”

3 Likes

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2018
Continuation
“But you do know…”
Just then, Susan walked into the hall. Spotting Daniel, she slowly walked towards him with a light smile on her face. Daniel heartbeat began to race as he developed cold feet once again. The pen he held, now felt like a huge rock as he it was struggling to hold it properly. As she slowly approached him, tiny beads of sweat began tricking down his head.
“Hi, Daniel,” she said, softly as she sat down on an empty seat adjacent to his.
He swallowed hard before replying, “He…he…hey, Susan.”
He could feel her gaze on him but still looked away. He didn’t know what he might do or happen to him with these strange feelings he usually had whenever he saw her.
“Susan?” Edwin called out. “Yes! You’re here. Are you by chance a football fan?”
“Well, I won’t call myself a fan because I don’t watch football matches but I like Chelsea,” she replied.
“Nice! Finally, something we share in common,” Clement said.
“Just shut up,” Edwin said. “Did you watch yesterday’s match?”
“Why are you asking her such a stupid question? Didn’t she just tell you she don’t watch football matches?” Clement scoffed.
“And so? Can’t I ask a simple question?” Edwin asked with a scornful look.
Susan chuckles, “No, I didn’t watch the match.”
“You just made yourself look like an idiot in front of a girl. How desperate can you be?” Clement asked.
“Ooh shut up. You know…”
“Alright everyone, settle down,” the lecturer said as he walked into the hall.
“This conversation isn’t over. Believe that,” Edwin said, glaring at Clement.
“So, how…how have you been doing?” Daniel asked as he and Susan walked back from lectures.
She had insisted they walked back together since Daniel’s friends had decided to stay behind after lectures to continue their football argument with other students.
“I’ve been good,” she replied.
They chatted some more but it was filled with awkward silence in between due to Daniel’s inability to keep and sustain a conversation. As they got close to Daniel’s apartment, a car was parked in front with two female figures standing beside it.
“Jenny? Jessy? What are you two doing here?” Daniel asked, a surprised expression on his face.
“We came to give you your textbook…duh.” Jenny shrugged.
“Here it is.” Jessy passed him the books. “Now take us to your room, we wanna see it,” she added.
“Hold on,” Jenny said as she looked at Susan. “Daniel who is she?”
“She’s pretty,” Jessy added.
“And both of you were walking together,” Jenny said
“Is she your girlfriend?” Jenny and Jessy chorused.
Daniel turned his gaze to Susan and back to his sister before he replied, “Yes… She’s my girlfriend.”

2 Likes

Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2018
Continuation
“But you do know…”
Just then, Susan walked into the hall. Spotting Daniel, she slowly walked towards him with a light smile on her face. Daniel heartbeat began to race as he developed cold feet once again. The pen he held, now felt like a huge rock as he it was struggling to hold it properly. As she slowly approached him, tiny beads of sweat began tricking down his head.
“Hi, Daniel,” she said, softly as she sat down on an empty seat adjacent to his.
He swallowed hard before replying, “He…he…hey, Susan.”
He could feel her gaze on him but still looked away. He didn’t know what he might do or happen to him with these strange feelings he usually had whenever he saw her.
“Susan?” Edwin called out. “Yes! You’re here. Are you by chance a football fan?”
“Well, I won’t call myself a fan because I don’t watch football matches but I like Chelsea,” she replied.
“Nice! Finally, something we share in common,” Clement said.
“Just shut up,” Edwin said. “Did you watch yesterday’s match?”
“Why are you asking her such a stupid question? Didn’t she just tell you she don’t watch football matches?” Clement scoffed.
“And so? Can’t I ask a simple question?” Edwin asked with a scornful look.
Susan chuckles, “No, I didn’t watch the match.”
“You just made yourself look like an idiot in front of a girl. How desperate can you be?” Clement asked.
“Ooh shut up. You know…”
“Alright everyone, settle down,” the lecturer said as he walked into the hall.
“This conversation isn’t over. Believe that,” Edwin said, glaring at Clement.
“So, how…how have you been doing?” Daniel asked as he and Susan walked back from lectures.
She had insisted they walked back together since Daniel’s friends had decided to stay behind after lectures to continue their football argument with other students.
“I’ve been good,” she replied.
They chatted some more but it was filled with awkward silence in between due to Daniel’s inability to keep and sustain a conversation. As they got close to Daniel’s apartment, a car was parked in front with two female figures standing beside it.
“Jenny? Jessy? What are you two doing here?” Daniel asked, a surprised expression on his face.
“We came to give you your textbook…duh.” Jenny shrugged.
“Here it is.” Jessy passed him the books. “Now take us to your room, we wanna see it,” she added.
“Hold on,” Jenny said as she looked at Susan. “Daniel who is she?”
“She’s pretty,” Jessy added.
“And both of you were walking together,” Jenny said
“Is she your girlfriend?” Jenny and Jessy chorused.
Daniel turned his gaze to Susan and back to his sister before he replied, “Yes… She’s my girlfriend.”

4 Likes

Re: The New Girl by skubido(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
OP welcome ooo, tanks a lot for the update. more
Re: The New Girl by Ann2012(f): 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: The New Girl by gennysq(f): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2018
Op.... How old are Jenny n Jessy & r dey Twins or wat?
Re: The New Girl by oloyedprince1(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2018
nice story, wen u go update
Re: The New Girl by ifeoluwazaddy(f): 11:20am On Jul 28, 2018
dany should never have said that............
Re: The New Girl by fabianiweka: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nice story
Pls. When is the next update?
Re: The New Girl by iamnavy1: 8:22am On Jul 30, 2018
Wow!!! I am like Daniel
Re: The New Girl by Samuelsmart22(m): 12:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
Thanks Asemark for the update....... Jah bless. We're waiting for the coming episodes
Re: The New Girl by Danpersie31(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
Freebiez:
Hello. I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. PM me or check my signature.

I will design your cover in 12 hours flat or it's free. Satisfaction guaranteed.

I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon
•Barnes and Noble
•Kobo
•Apple Store
•Draft2digital
•SmashWords
•Okadabooks
•Inkitt
•Blurb

I can also format your documents to epub and mobi formats.

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer
•Skrill
•Neteller
•Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

If you would like to see my portfolio, check my nairaland thread on my signature. If you want to chat on WhatsApp, my number is in my signature.

You can also quote me.

can I have ur WhatsApp number?
Re: The New Girl by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
Danpersie31:

can I have ur WhatsApp number?

https:///2348027329239
Re: The New Girl by Boxer007(m): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2018
zeko172:
Great work, am so following this to the end

Hi bro. Do you need a kiss?
Re: The New Girl by Jackfeeshar(m): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
This is so interesting, it just made my day
Re: The New Girl by ebukav(m): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2018
am addicted, nice story bro
Re: The New Girl by zeko172(m): 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
Boxer007:

Hi bro. Do you need a kiss?
From your girlfriend?
Re: The New Girl by bizza45: 9:02am On Sep 08, 2018
wetin happens to this story ... abi d op don run out of ideas or dem don steal e phone
Re: The New Girl by Chyksbae(f): 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2018
OP please dont do this you must finish what you started please
Re: The New Girl by Shedrack36(m): 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
na so u come do us? waiting, waited all to no avail!!!
Re: The New Girl by Boxer007(m): 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2018
zeko172:

From your girlfriend?

Boo. Do you eat ass?
Re: The New Girl by tunjilomo(m): 7:30am On Nov 16, 2018
Should we give up this story as abandoned @ op Asemark

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun / THE UNKNOWN: The Mega-hit Series / The contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.