Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling (5142 Views)

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by profibadan: 7:33pm On May 27, 2010
If I had quoted the scripture against atheism " A fool says in his heart, there is no God" I believe you Christians we not accuse me of castigating atheism, but for me to ask some simple questions of how christian could claim Jesus to be God and still believe God could not be killed while Jesus was nailed to the cross. Then I am accuse of Castigating Christianity. Since you are ignorance of some concept. I have added this link about Isaac Newton: http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=isaac+netwon+a+deist&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
also read
http://www.sullivan-county.com/identity/coal_woes.htm
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by profibadan: 7:35pm On May 27, 2010
Well Deism is not Christianity http://www.sullivan-county.com/identity/coal_woes.htm
A diest is somebody who use rationality to explain the universe. He is different from an atheist in that he believes his God is reason. He reject God's intervention in the world. He does not believe in Trinity and he does not have a messiah. So how is he a Christian. If you deny Christ has come in the Flesh according to Paul, then how are you a Christian? Maybe you should tell us who a Christian his,
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by profibadan: 7:37pm On May 27, 2010
Historian Stephen D. Snobelen says of Newton, "Isaac Newton was a heretic. But like Nicodemus, the secret disciple of Jesus, he never made a public declaration of his private faith - which the orthodox would have deemed extremely radical. He hid his faith so well that scholars are still unravelling his personal beliefs." Snobelen concludes that Newton was at least a Socinian sympathiser (he owned and had thoroughly read at least eight Socinian books), possibly an Arian and almost certainly an antitrinitarian. In an age notable for its religious intolerance there are few public expressions of Newton's radical views, most notably his refusal to take holy orders and his refusal, on his death bed, to take the sacrament when it was offered to him. (Wiki)
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 27, 2010
profibadan:

If I had quoted the scripture against atheism " A fool says in his heart, there is no God" I believe you Christians we not accuse me of castigating atheism

First of all, for a supposed "scientific mind", your grammar is pretty appalling.

profibadan:

but for me to ask some simple questions of how christian could claim Jesus to be God and still believe God could not be killed while Jesus was nailed to the cross. Then I am accuse of Castigating Christianity.

These alleged "questions" have been addressed times without number here. If you simply put this question into google you'll get a TON of explanations. Its pretty simple, infact even the bible explains how this happened in clear details. YOU who claim to be "scientifically-minded" are just too lazy to pursue the FACTS. When did you study this your own claim?

profibadan:

Since you are ignorance of some concept.

did you attend school at all? You claim to be a "scientific mind"? Puhlease stop disgracing true scientists the world over.

profibadan:

I have added this link about Isaac Newton: http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=isaac+netwon+a+deist&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Read this link too - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=isaac+newton+a+christian&aq=0p&aqi=g-p1g9&aql=&oq=isaac+ne&gs_rfai=

You lazy folks only know how to google. God knows what would be in your porous brains if computers and google didnt exist.

profibadan:

also read
http://www.sullivan-county.com/identity/coal_woes.htm

And how does diesm square with your own skepticism? Did you even understand who a deist is? A deist BELIEVES in God and His creating the universe!
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 27, 2010
profibadan:

Well Deism is not Christianity http://www.sullivan-county.com/identity/coal_woes.htm
A diest is somebody who use rationality to explain the universe. He is different from an atheist in that he believes his God is reason. He reject God's intervention in the world. He does not believe in Trinity and he does not have a messiah. So how is he a Christian. If you deny Christ has come in the Flesh according to Paul, then how are you a Christian? Maybe you should tell us who a Christian his,

No stupid . . . neither is deism anything remotely close to atheism.
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 27, 2010
profibadan:

Historian Stephen D. Snobelen says of Newton, "Isaac Newton was a heretic. But like Nicodemus, the secret disciple of Jesus, he never made a public declaration of his private faith - which the orthodox would have deemed extremely radical. He hid his faith so well that scholars are still unravelling his personal beliefs." Snobelen concludes that Newton was at least a Socinian sympathiser (he owned and had thoroughly read at least eight Socinian books), possibly an Arian and almost certainly an antitrinitarian. In an age notable for its religious intolerance there are few public expressions of Newton's radical views, most notably his refusal to take holy orders and his refusal, on his death bed, to take the sacrament when it was offered to him. (Wiki)

Are you only capable of copying and pasting from the internet? What this paragraph tells me is that Newton most likely was a protestant (considered heretics by the roman catholic church). But alas you are unable to read and understand your own articles.
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by profibadan: 7:46pm On May 27, 2010
"Puhlease stop disgracing true". is science the same as 'grammar'? And I hope your "Puhlease" is good grammar too, Please stop attacking the person. address the issue. I never c,laim Isaac Newton as an atheist, you claimed him as a Christian, but I debunked your proof, because Isaac Newton is a Deist. In the age when claim of atheist could lead to death, the best those scientists can do in those days is to have a liberal view. But is a christian the same as someone who reject trinity, disbleief all the known tenets of christianity like salvation through Jesus. If you have nothing to say, then keep quiet
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 27, 2010
profibadan:

"Puhlease stop disgracing true". is science the same as 'grammar'?

Science isnt grammar, but coming from a country whose first language is ENGLISH, your lack of grammatical skills are a window into your analytical skills.

profibadan:

Please stop attacking the person. address the issue.

You have not raised any issue. All you've done is simply copied and pasted articles from the web. It is disgusting that you cannot develop a line of reasoning completely independent of the web. I'm not attacking your person, simply pointing out the fact that you are clearly not representative of your claim that skeptics are "Scientifically-minded".

profibadan:

I never c,laim Isaac Newton as an atheist, you claimed him as a Christian, but I debunked your proof, because Isaac Newton is a Deist.

and where did you "debunk" my claim (not a proof)? Simply copying links to google and you have "debunked" it? Laughable.

I asked you and i will ask the THIRD TIME . . . what has deism got to do with atheism?

profibadan:

In the age when claim of atheist could lead to death the best those scientists can do in those days is to have a liberal view.

lol a liberal view is itself most likely going to be atheistic in nature. I doubt you understand the terms you use.

profibadan:

But is a christian the same as someone who reject trinity, disbleief all the known tenets of christianity like salvation through Jesus.

and your proof that Isaac Newton "rejected" all the above is a google link? Hilarious if not completely stupid.

profibadan:

If you have nothing to say, then keep quiet

lol another brainless slowpoke with an over-inflated opinion of his own intellect.
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by aletheia(m): 9:26pm On May 27, 2010
profibadan:

Please our intention is to have a platform for people of like-minds to share opinion. is there a crime in that. I am also asking that people come to our new website and register so that we can relate and solidarize. Visit www.cactilio.com/nss to join the Nigeria Skeptical Society
Err. . .can I also join since I am extremely skeptical about the Nigeria Skeptical Society.
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by profibadan: 10:05pm On May 27, 2010
Our group is open to all.
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by aletheia(m): 10:17pm On May 27, 2010
^^^Alright. Even Thomas was very sceptical until faced with overwhelming evidence.
[quote][/quote]
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59am On May 30, 2010
Quote from: mrmayor on: May 26, 2010, 09:52 AM
@ Olaadegbu,

People of faith won't accept that the Universe created ITSELF aka BIG BANG. They insist that they must be a creator but Where Did GOD come from.

1. God created Himself. Is this not the same as BIG BANG? Out of Nothing in empty space God Appeared or Created Himself!

2. Something or Someone created God. If God did not created or appear out nothing in empty space, some higher power must have created him.

It is true that people of faith, especially of the Christian faith, would not accept that the universe created itself. Have atheists or evolutionists proved that the universe came into existence via the Big bang? Tell us then where the matter that produced the big bang came from?

If you want to know where God came from then solve this puzzle and I will answer you.

"Godisnothing" How will you read or interprete it, what do you see written there? If you were to rewrite that word in a sentence where will you insert the spaces in order to make sense out of it?
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by Savagethe21st(m): 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
CaveAdullam bro please I'm mentioning u on this dead thread because its important. So I have been reading a lot of your post and I show my Friends too. One of my friends is in a situation and he needs advice. Years back he was just an ordinary struggling nigerian guy in the university which most girls look past. But there's one girl who liked him despite him being broke. She always called, gave him privacy when he asked, she's a non feminist very respectful but she is average in beauty and doesnt have an attractive body. My friend currently works at jp morgan bank in united states and he feels he needs to settle down. He read "the spiritual man" one of the books u recommended and he doesnt want to fornicate since most nigerian women are being overly friendly to him...Should he marry the girl? He is just 24 by the way
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by CaveAdullam: 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
Savagethe21st:
CaveAdullam bro please I'm mentioning u on this dead thread because its important. So I have been reading a lot of your post and I show my Friends too. One of my friends is in a situation and he needs advice. Years back he was just an ordinary struggling nigerian guy in the university which most girls look past. But there's one girl who liked him despite him being broke. She always called, gave him privacy when he asked, she's a non feminist very respectful but she is average in beauty and doesnt have an attractive body. My friend currently works at jp morgan bank in united states and he feels he needs to settle down. He read "the spiritual man" one of the books u recommended and he doesnt want to fornicate since most nigerian women are being overly friendly to him...Should he marry the girl? He is just 24 by the way

I have seen this mention. I would have preferred an audio chit chat, don't know how possible it is though because it will be more easier and also because that my text reply will be very lengthy.

But should in case I don't come up with a reply as soonest, tell him to WAIT! He is on a rough terrain, if he doesn't hesitate he will fall into danger. Tell him to CALM DOWN! Because the way is not as beautiful as it seems at the beginning.

And a great thanks for mentioning me to your friends.

God bless!
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
CaveAdullam:

I have seen this mention. I would have preferred an audio chit chat, don't know how possible it is though because it will be more easier and also because that my text reply will be very lengthy.

But should in case I don't come up with a reply as soonest, tell him to WAIT! He is on a rough terrain, if he doesn't hesitate he will fall into danger. Tell him to CALM DOWN! Because the way is not as beautiful as it seems at the beginning.

God bless!

Hello

I'm owing some people and I don't have anyone to borrow from

I need you to help me with any amount of money you can afford

I will be very thankful
Re: All Skeptics, Rationalists, Agnostics, Humanists: Calling by Savagethe21st(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
CaveAdullam:

I
God bless!

Ok thanks for replying, I've shown him and he said he'll be patient for your reply. He wanted to go monk mode but once in a while lust and conji comes in but he doesnt want to sin. He feels he is too young to marry and doesnt find the girl I mentioned attractive. But he still considers marriage so he wont have s*x with all these black american and nigeria girls being overly friendly and seductive to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Fruit - What Is The Correct Meaning Please? / Meet 41 New Christians That Converted To Islam In Month of June From One Man / Shocking Story: Ugandan Woman Gives Birth To A Snake ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.