Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Hillary Clinton To Australians: People 'uneasy With Women In Leadership' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton To Australians: People 'uneasy With Women In Leadership' (336 Views)

Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings / Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview / Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton To Australians: People 'uneasy With Women In Leadership' by obixcel(m): 2:20pm On May 15, 2018
Hillary Clinton recently took another trip abroad where she discussed her 2016 election loss to Donald Trump.

Speaking in Melbourne, Clinton asked in jest that the audience "forget that I got three million more votes -- it's over," in reference to her popular vote win, as compared with her Electoral College loss.

"There is still a very large proportion of the population that is uneasy with women in positions of leadership," said Clinton, who previously visited India to discuss the election.

"So, the easiest way to kind of avoid to have to look at someone on her merits is to dismiss her on her looks," she continued.
In her remarks, Clinton also said her opponents would say "I'm not against women" while wearing apparel that mocked her.

During the campaign, Clinton critics marketed shirts calling for her to be imprisoned, as well as one borrowing the stylized "Hope" image made popular by President Obama, to accuse Clinton's husband Bill of sexual assault.

Clinton said such t-shirts said "horrible things" about her, and that they appeared to make her the exception: "I'm not for 'that' woman."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/11/hillary-clinton-rips-trump-2016-election-australia-being-against-women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8dICGguOs&t=713s
Re: Hillary Clinton To Australians: People 'uneasy With Women In Leadership' by Lucasbalo(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2018
obixcel:
Hillary Clinton recently took another trip abroad where she discussed her 2016 election loss to Donald Trump.

Speaking in Melbourne, Clinton asked in jest that the audience "forget that I got three million more votes -- it's over," in reference to her popular vote win, as compared with her Electoral College loss.

"There is still a very large proportion of the population that is uneasy with women in positions of leadership," said Clinton, who previously visited India to discuss the election.

"So, the easiest way to kind of avoid to have to look at someone on her merits is to dismiss her on her looks," she continued.
In her remarks, Clinton also said her opponents would say "I'm not against women" while wearing apparel that mocked her.

During the campaign, Clinton critics marketed shirts calling for her to be imprisoned, as well as one borrowing the stylized "Hope" image made popular by President Obama, to accuse Clinton's husband Bill of sexual assault.

Clinton said such t-shirts said "horrible things" about her, and that they appeared to make her the exception: "I'm not for 'that' woman."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/11/hillary-clinton-rips-trump-2016-election-australia-being-against-women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-8dICGguOs&t=713s
Who Let you out of the cave today Mr Caveman ?.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Resigns Amid Sex Scandal / In Reversal, Trump Signs Order Stopping Family Separation / Obama Returns To Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.