Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism (30527 Views)

Joe Biden Updates Twitter Bio To ‘President-Elect’ After Election Victory / Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings / Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by AuntLaVIV(f): 7:12am On Apr 24, 2018
Hillary Clinton’s Twitter Bio Won’t Start With ‘Wife’ Anymore

Hillary Clinton is changing her Twitter bio. After Clinton’s Arthur Miller Freedom to Write lecture at the PEN America World Voices Sunday night, Clinton sat down for a conversation with author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Adichie asked Clinton about her Twitter bio, which reads, “Wife, mom, grandma, women+kids advocate, FLOTUS, Senator, SecState, hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, 2016 presidential candidate.” “The first word that describes you is wife. And then I think it’s mom, and then grandmother. When I saw that, I have to confess I felt just a little bit upset. Then I looked at your husband’s Twitter account, and the first word was not husband,” Adichie said. Was this Hillary’s choice, she asked. Clinton smiled: “When you put it like that, I’m going to change it.”

The former 2016 presidential candidate spoke about the personal push and pull of investing in careers and relationships, citing Barbara Bush and Senator Tammy Duckworth as inspirations. “I loved the picture of Senator Tammy Duckworth coming onto the floor of the senate.

I think that sort of summed it all up. She’s both! She’s a mom, she’s a senator, she’s a combat veteran, she’s someone who’s trying to integrate all of the aspects of her life,” Clinton said. “That’s what I’ve been trying to do for a very long time, and it’s not easy. But it is something that I’ve chosen to do, and I’m going to keep doing it. But I will change my Twitter bio.” Adichie had a suggestion: “Should’ve been damn good president.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/amp.vulture.com/2018/04/hillary-clintons-new-twitter-bio-wont-start-with-wife.html

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 24, 2018
Ok
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by midolian(m): 7:26am On Apr 24, 2018
Chimamanda is just a bitter soul for no good reason..And already, she is inflicting others with her bitterness

250 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 24, 2018
Seriously... that wife thing is lame, imagine putting husband on your cv..

It makes it seem like an entitlement and a pedestal, i think mother and grandmother encompasses it all.

56 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by AuntLaVIV(f): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2018
midolian:
Chimamanda is just a bitter soul for no good reason..And already, she is inflicting others with her bitterness

Please describe a bitter woman.

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by kimjongJezebel: 7:29am On Apr 24, 2018
midolian:

Stop calling her bitter soul! She knows what she wants in life and she's standing by it. Hilary Clinton knows many people in America respect and listen to Chimamanda and, because of her political career, she has to listen to what Ngozi frowned at or else she might lose a sizable number of support.

Btw, I'm not a feminist. It's a free world so anyone can do whatever makes him /her happy

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by midolian(m): 7:29am On Apr 24, 2018
AuntLaVIV:

Please describe a bitter woman.

Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie

241 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by AuntLaVIV(f): 7:31am On Apr 24, 2018
midolian:

Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie

What constitutes a "bitter woman". Discuss

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Westbestside: 7:42am On Apr 24, 2018
AuntLaVIV:

What constitutes a "bitter woman". Discuss
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie constitutes a "Bitter woman".

232 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by AuntLaVIV(f): 7:48am On Apr 24, 2018
Westbestside:
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie constitutes a "Bitter woman".

You are not making any point. Please get us the dictionary meaning of "bitter person".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Mikora: 7:53am On Apr 24, 2018
What Chimamanda did was very foolish. Attacking someone for describing herself as a Wife and mother

132 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Mikora: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2018
Esseite:
Seriously... that wife thing is lame, imagine putting husband on your cv.
It wasn't a CV my dear, it was a social media bio undecided anyone is free to describe themselves anyhow they so please on their bio. Hilary Clinton's bio also included other descriptions like former presidential aspirant,hair expert,Flotus e.t.c why would chimamanda leave all the other descriptions and pick offence with 'wife' and 'mother' on someone else's twitter bio? What's wrong in Clinton describing herself as a good wife and a good mother? Is feminism now against women being good wives and good mothers and being proud of it? Chimamanda was just being foolish. I know that academic excellence has not always equated to being wise and this is just a perfect example. Chimamanda hasn't done up to half of what Clinton has done to advocate for equal rights for women and yet she thinks she can attack her for being proud of her role as a wife to her husband and mother to her daughter. Chimamanda is a big fool, an intelligent one but a fool nonetheless

259 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Jaynom(m): 8:21am On Apr 24, 2018
Esseite:
Seriously... that wife thing is lame, imagine putting husband on your cv.
but it wasn't a CV. It was a Bio. What is wrong with being a proud wife?

122 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Jaynom(m): 8:32am On Apr 24, 2018
Mikora:

It wasn't a CV my dear, it was a social media bio undecided anyone is free to describe themselves anyhow they so please on their bio. Hilary Clinton's bio also included other descriptions like former presidential aspirant,hair expert,Flotus e.t.c why would chimamanda leave all the other descriptions and pick offence with 'wife' and 'mother' on someone else's twitter bio? What's wrong in Clinton describing herself as a good wife and a good mother? Is feminism now against women being good wives and good mothers and being proud of it? Chimamanda was just being foolish. I know that academic excellence has not always equated to being wise and this is just a perfect example. Chimamanda hasn't done up to half of what Clinton has done to advocate for equal rights for women and yet she thinks she can attack her for being proud of her role as a wife to her husband and mother to her daughter. Chimamanda is a big fool, an intelligent one but a fool nonetheless
I didn't see this. Your post sums it up. I am a strong supporter of Gender equality. However, women can not be Men. Chimamanda subconsciously believes a woman can "be and should be treated like a man", and this is impossible!!

139 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by NwaAmaikpe: 10:46am On Apr 24, 2018
shocked

Hillary Clinton is a fool if she'd let herself to be brainwashed by Chimamanda Adichie who has successfully brainwashed all the single bitter females in Nigeria into thinking they are feminists.

156 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by teamsynergy: 10:47am On Apr 24, 2018
If her husband wouldn't identify himself as a husband then she can change her bio too cos they both have achieved alot individually..... however, if you are riding on ur husband's hard work, u better identify as the wife ..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by nairavsdollars(f): 10:48am On Apr 24, 2018
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by flyca: 10:48am On Apr 24, 2018
If only Hillary could convince Bill to insert "Husband" as the first word on his Bio too

Win-Win! And everyone is happy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by martineverest(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
chichi asked Clinton question and wanted her to clarify it and she clarified it for her...they both move on with their discussion.....the Clintons aren't complaining,Americans aren't either...but Association Of Nigerian Social Media warlord(ANSMW) are busy swallowing pills for another woman's headache

laziness everywhere

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Offpoint: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
Seun how many years will it take you guys to solve this problem? maybe until I sue you for incompetence and negligence before you will do something.

29 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by shamecurls(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
Let me go and check Dangote`s Bio too maybe I can make some corrections.

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Sirpaul(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.

7 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by BanevsJoker(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
midolian:
I agree with you. She is. She is so depressed, if she was Caucasian, she would have committed suicide a long time ago. Her attitude has gone beyond feminism, she is a very bitter human being.

46 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Prognose: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
So all you women out there take note! Being a wife is nothing to be proud about anymore. Being a mother will soon join the list grin

This bush rat that managed to go abroad with her patriarchal father's money, this common girl that wrote a few books (all of them booooring as hell except for 'half of a yellow sun') and now thinks the world rotates around her, this wife who does not care how her husband feels about her antics but wants to be loved and respected as a person and looking for who will carry her travelling bag, is now the spokeswoman for feminism. Lol!

Anyways, If hilary clinton coould be swayed by something so petty on her social status, it shows how weak minded she was in the first place. Something she put by herself and was proud of, one girl from nowhere talked and she quickly changed it, shows how weak minded and easily swayed she would have been if she was made the POTUS.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Notmyproblem: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
Hilary potrayed herself first as an independent successful career woman over being a wife and a mother. Infact her campaign ran subtly under the back of feminist versus the existing patriarchal system. It is hypocrisy on her part she said so just to get votes. There is nothing wrong with being a mother and wife first before anything but not standing by that during election is hypocrisy.

6 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by lilmax(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
lol, what a dumb path

if she really did this she should forget about the president seat

it ain't for her, let her step down for a reasonable woman to be president

9 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by KrystosCJ(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
She will be married someday.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2018
The only thing I don't like about nairaland is that you don't get to see or know those who liked or shared your posts

25 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FaceApp: U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer Calls For Investigation / Breaking News: Gambia Mps Extend President Jammeh's Term / Lebanon Explosion: Hezbollah Arms Depot Destroyed After Massive Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.