Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Phone Battery Draining Too Fast - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Battery Draining Too Fast (1827 Views)

Is Your Mobile Data Draining Too Fast? Here Is How To Fix It Permanently / Possible Solution To Tecno Y2 Battery, Draining Fast. / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by Tuxzhy(m): 1:06pm On May 16, 2018
Can anyone please tell me how to stop my Android phone battery draining too fast. My infinix hot 4 lite Battery drains out completely under 3 hours from full charge. Phone is one year end of May.
I have tried over a dozen battery life repair and calibration Apps from Play Store without success.
I would appreciate your suggestions, please.
Samuel
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by Kaybaba5(m): 3:24pm On May 16, 2018
Change the battery pls
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by henry007(m): 3:34pm On May 16, 2018
Tuxzhy:

Can anyone please tell me how to stop my Android phone battery draining too fast. My infinix hot 4 lite Battery drains out completely under 3 hours from full charge. Phone is one year end of May.
I have tried over a dozen battery life repair and calibration Apps from Play Store without success.
Samuel

Was it new when you bought it?
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by CecicliaGarcia: 3:16am On May 17, 2018
To make your device run for a longer time, you only need to adjust some settings of your device like reducing the brightness of screen, disabling wireless network, quitting background software and so on. You can go with the details below to make an attempt.

1. Lower Screen Brightness

When you use your iPhone, it is inevitable that the screen is lit. And obviously, the brighter your screen is, the shorter your battery life would be. Therefore, it is advisable to reduce the brightness of the screen, which can protect your eyes as well. To adjust the screen brightness, you can go to Settings> Wallpaper & Brightness. Just drag the slider to decrease your screen brightness.

2. Tighten Up Auto-Lock

Almost all the mobile phone users choose to auto-lock their device. With this setting, you do not need to anything and just wait for several seconds or minutes to let the device lock automatically. And naturally, if the time that your device stay lit is longer, the battery will be consumed faster. In this case, you can set a shorter time period for Auto-Lock. You can navigate to Settings> Display & Brightness> Auto-Lock. Then tick the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.

3. Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It

For using the applications on iPhone smoothly, we always need to connect our devices to wireless network. Wi-fi would be an indispensable service for us but it is also the main reason of short life battery. Thus, you are suggested to turn off this service when you do not need to use the software connecting Wi-fi. If you want to disable it, you can visit Settings> Wi-fi and tap on the button to turn it off easily.

4. Turn off LTE

With the development of technology, the speed of cellular network becomes quicker and quicker. For customers, this is a good news since we don't need to spend too much time waiting for loading files. However, the speedy LTE cellular network requires more energy in fact. So if you are not raring to get the files, you can use the slower or older networks. You can go to Settings> Cellular and then slide the Enable LTE feature off.
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by eki2000(m): 7:19am On May 17, 2018
the phone has panel problem. That was how my camon cx died a natural death. I vexed and went for Gionee, that's how I was saved. enyoing my phone till now.
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by ifymorena(f): 12:29pm On May 17, 2018
My phone having same issues since my fast charging stopped and I started using another cord the battery that usually last for a full day...just takes 3 or 4 hours to drain.. .Any suggestions how to go about it the phone product is infinix Hot 4 pro
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by CarlcareOpebi(f): 1:14pm On May 19, 2018
Tuxzhy:

Samuel
Hello @Tuxzhy Please do the following to resolve the Battery dropping issue:
1] Reduce your screen brightness.
2] Don't use the phone while, it's charging or leave it Plugged-in through the night.
3] Turn off the phone location whenever your offline.
4] Try not to leave your Data turned on through the night; it should be turned on only when in use.
5] Ensure that you're using an TECNO original charger for your device.
6] Never leave the Wi-Fi, HotSpot or Bluetooth on for too long.

If the problem persists, visit the Carlcare Service Centre closest to you for assistance. You may Book a reservation using the Carlcare Application on your device [and give the information required]; our contact number(s) and addresses are also in the App Or let me know your location so that I forward one to you. Thank you!
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by CarlcareOpebi(f): 1:16pm On May 19, 2018
ifymorena:
My phone having same issues since my fast charging stopped and I started using another cord the battery that usually last for a full day...just takes 3 or 4 hours to drain.. .Any suggestions how to go about it the phone product is infinix Hot 4 pro
Hi @ifymorena What do you use the device for in those 3 or 4 hours?
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by EmilyBaker12345(m): 2:28am On May 21, 2018
I also know two ways,very easy to handle.
Disable WiFi, Bluetooth & Airdrop When Not Needed

Obviously, you don't need to connect these service all the time, so just turn off these features while they're not needed. Because when these features is turned on, they'll be looking to connect all the time, that means your iPhone battery is draining.

So, when you don't need these features, just turn off them and your battery life will be extended. To do it, you can easily open the Control Center on your device, and tap the icon of WiFi, Bluetooth or Airdrop to disable them.

Restore Your Device

Restoring your device is always the easiest method to solve the problem on your device, but it will erase all the settings and contents on iPhone or iPad. So we don't recommend you to choose this method without have a trail on the above solutions. And before restoring, you'd better to make a backup of your iOS device, then you can try to format your device and restore from one backup as you like.
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by ifymorena(f): 12:03am On May 23, 2018
CarlcareOpebi:

Hi @ifymorena What do you use the device for in those 3 or 4 hours?
playing games and watching movies
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by Emmaway(m): 7:33am On May 23, 2018
Tuxzhy:

Samuel
The only advice I can offer to you at this point is to change your battery, it's a hardware issue with your battery. Theredyno need calibrating or using battery saving apps.

Get a new original battery and when you do STOP making use of your phone while it's charging, this stresses the battery. Don't let it drain completely before charging it.
If you'll follow these tips then your new battery will last longer than a year.
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by Ford01: 9:44am On Apr 26, 2023
If your phone battery is draining too fast, it could be due to various factors such as high screen brightness, background app activity, outdated software, or a faulty battery. To check here https://mrdrains.co.uk/ and learn more new things about drain repair. To improve battery life, try adjusting settings, closing unnecessary apps, updating software, or replacing the battery if needed.
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by chinos20(m): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2023
Did you change the cord
Mine misbehaved when I did until I got got another one

1 Like

Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by Ford01: 6:28am On Apr 29, 2023
If your phone battery is draining too fast, there could be several reasons. Background apps, high screen brightness, and location services can all contribute to battery drain. Must you follow this fiocci 209 shotshell primers and learn more new tips for shotshell. Adjusting your settings, closing background apps, and using low power mode can help conserve battery life. If your phone battery is still draining quickly, it may be time to replace it.
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by HopeOcol: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
Your phone battery may drain off the heat it's creating and the cover that traps its heat. It is mostly seen by iPhone users. Try using a wooden phone case and see if it solves your problem or not. A wooden iphone case or any wooden phone case is a better choice as it is more durable and it doesn't trap the heat inside. You can visit kerf case to get yourself a wood cell phone case for any phone.
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by Wanni25(f): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2023
Why not take it to carlcare?
They can assist you.

My pova is a powerhouse.

So brand matters too.

1 Like

Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by Kakadancefreak(f): 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2023
Wanni25:
Why not take it to carlcare?
They can assist you.

My pova is a powerhouse.

So brand matters too.

I can imagine his frustration.

Carlcare should be of help
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by Idarachris84: 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2023
chinos20:
Did you change the cord
Mine misbehaved when I did until I got another one

That's a possible cause too, or did he charge with a higher voltage or lower?

Could be a factory problem too
Re: Phone Battery Draining Too Fast by Fonjewel0(f): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2023
This could be if you have many unused apps running.

You can take it to carlcare.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Povoir2,tecno K9, Infinix Hot 6 Or Tecno L9 Plus? / Football Manager Games / Tecno Camon 15 Unboxing And Review - Still A Massive Room For Improvement From T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.