Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

The Big Strides Of Rt. Hon. Julius G. Pondi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Big Strides Of Rt. Hon. Julius G. Pondi (819 Views)

AKWA IBOM; Big Strides In 9 Months / Biography Of Rt. Hon. Isa Ashiru Kudan / Russia Makes Big Strides To Expand Arms Sales In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Big Strides Of Rt. Hon. Julius G. Pondi by Maroghene(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2018
Never in the history of Burutu Federal Constituency has a federal lawmaker been this close to the people. It was a quiet evening on the 2nd day of April, 2015 when I walked into my sitting room feeling tired after a long journey from the riverine community of Ayakoromo where I hail from. The election results has been announced and the favourite Ijaw son, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has lost, there was despair amongst the Ijaws from inter waters of Patani to the sea shores of Burutu, it was like people had lost their loved ones. On the verge of seating, I got a call and it was from the PA of the newly elected member of the Federal House of Representative informing me that have been invited to a meeting along other Community Students President with his Principal, the Rt. Hon. Julius Pondi and the meeting was scheduled for the next day, 3rd April.
At that meeting he rolled out his plan and asked that we made contributions on how we could grow our constituency together and from that moment I fell in love with him. As we stood in turns to talk he took down notes and listened keenly and this has become an annual event. Pondi as he is fondly called by admirers is a humble lawmaker who has placed the interest of the people before his and has made huge strides in just three years. Below are a few of his achievements
1. He has trained over 1000 constituents on maritime related fields and ensured they got their license to practice and others has been empowered in the area of fashion and design
2. His annual football competition amongst Kingdoms in the Constituency has been a huge unifying factor amongst the "mein" and "tobu" speaking persons.
3. His bill on maritime safety has helped in ensuring all communities gets a regular supply of life jackets thus helping to save lifes
4. He has continually sponsored the events of the students body "NABLOGS" thus encouraging education amongst a people that is deemed backward by the outside world.
5. He has helped in connecting some parts the constituency to the national grid (prior now Burutu Federal Constituency were the only people who weren't connected to the national grid)
6. Though many won't count this as an achievement but it is worth we know that he is the closest lawmaker to the people since the creation of the constituency. Prior now, all we've had as lawmakers are people who only return home to buy peoples conscience after 3 and a half years in Abuja or Asaba.

Youths of Burutu, the time is almost here, its either we choose growth and progress or we choose to go back to Egypt (Abuja based politicians). For the first time, we've held our representative accountable and he has responded, for the first time we have a youth who is one of us and we mustn't allow our fathers hold us back, we owe them no loyalty but great respect but to ourselves and our future children we owe loyalty cos is in loyalty that we would grow.

God bless Burutu Federal Constituency
God bless the Youths
God bless Rt. Hon. Julius G. Pondi

Albert Jr Akpobowei was National President of Ayakoromo Students

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti TV, Radio Shut After Fayose Announced PDP Candidate As Winner Of Election / NASS Defection Won’t Affect Buhari’s Re-election,says Yoruba Ronu / PMB Letter To Fellow Nigerians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.