Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian (20641 Views)

Diary Of The Middle Class Nigerian / Is Corporate Loyalty Dead?; 4 Reasons Why Employees Are Calling It Quits / Top 5 High Paying Side Hustles For Working Class People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by rentAcock(m): 8:44pm On May 16, 2018
SoapQueen:

Only people with "fat" salaries can say this. You would see many people trying to keep their heads above water. End of the month, salaries get paid, they shell out a few thousands here and there. Next thing, you see them trying to come up for air again.

In my own opinion, people who work 9-5 are those of are scared of taking risks.

How many Nigerians earn more than 150k monthly, from white collar jobs?

Lastly, you have a point. If everyone delves into business, who would be the employee?

You don't need to have a fat salary to agree that regular jobs provide you regular income. I never said regular jobs provide you with a fat pay check. The OP is wrong to say that people with side hustles never go broke or become their own boss, that's flat out wrong. Over 85% of start-ups never survive, they simply go out of business. Everyone thinks it's easy running a business until they've invested all their life savings only to run into huge losses.

And you are very wrong to say people who work 9-5 are scared to take risks, sometimes not doing anything might be the best course of action. Maybe they know they lack the discipline to run their own business. Maybe they've realized that running a business is far more time consuming for the income it generates? Or maybe they just don't want to go bankrupt in an attempt to strike gold. Everything in life is about taking a calculated risk, all these guys online telling people to be their own boss just aren't being honest with themselves and make it seem like it's very easy and possible for everyone

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by SoapQueen(f): 8:48pm On May 16, 2018
rentAcock:

You don't need to have a fat salary to agree that regular jobs provide you regular income. I never said regular jobs provide you with a fat pay check. The OP is wrong to say that people with side hustles never go broke or become their own boss, that's flat out wrong. Over 85% of start-ups never survive, they simply go out of business. Everyone thinks it's easy running a business until they've invested all their life savings only to run into huge losses.

And you are very wrong to say people who work 9-5 are scared to take risks, sometimes not doing anything might be the best course of action. Maybe they know they lack the discipline to run their own business. Maybe they've realized that running a business is far more time consuming for the income it generates? Or maybe they just don't want to go bankrupt in an attempt to strike gold. Everything in life is about taking a calculated risk, all these guys online telling people to be their own boss just aren't being honest with themselves and make it seem like it's very easy and possible for everyone

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by noblebaba: 8:48pm On May 16, 2018
You want people to believe you but you don't reply to your mails that means you're far from the Internet ,I sent you mails but no single reply
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:51pm On May 16, 2018
SoapQueen:

Soap.I am trying to strike a deal with some business owners. The writing makes me have dark Circles. I'm always hazy-eyed too! Lol.
You write well.
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by SoapQueen(f): 8:54pm On May 16, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
You write well.

This means a lot to me, coming from you. Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by rentAcock(m): 8:55pm On May 16, 2018
SoapQueen:

Thanks for the clarification.

At least we agree on somethings. Hey I'm bored this evening and was wondering if we could exchange phone numbers to kill time, you seem like an intelligent lady
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Josh44s(m): 8:55pm On May 16, 2018
Dpredictor:
Are you still looking for reasons to start a side hustle? I hope this post would convince you to take action. In my last post, I listed the high paying side hustles that are best for working class people and unemployed graduates.

Why am I confident about me not going broke or crying over money? “My Side Hustle!!!”

I don’t have just one or two, there are so many of them and I am looking forward to acquiring more skills that would increase my knowledge base.

What message am I trying to pass?

When I see people message me and ask me “How do I earn money online?”, I become instantly angry. To earn money online, you need to offer a service or sell a product. So once you don’t have the skill or product, then you can’t start a side hustle. You remain dormant and become part of the spectators.

Are you still looking for reasons to learn a skill and start a side hustle? See below;

You make your Monthly Income within few days

Do you think your 100k salary is much? A level 2 seller makes that on Fiverr within few days. So when you see people tell you that they bought their car by selling on Fiverr, don’t doubt them, it is for real. When you decide to start a profitable side hustle, you get to see your monthly income from another perspective – being too small. I have written a guide on how to start a side hustle without any skill, So do well to get it now!

So when next you think that your 100k salary was sent from above, bear it in mind that people who decided to start a side hustle make that 2x as fast as possible.

You aren’t Scared of Losing your Main Job

So you hear that people are going to church and fasting not to lose their jobs – but you stay glued to your side hustle and keep counting your money.

They ask you why you aren’t bothered. You remind them that while they were sleeping, you were working all night to establish your brand.

If you are a working class and you have not decided to start a side hustle, then you are sitting on a time bomb. All you need to do is register for a weekend class, choose a profitable skill, (you can see the list) and start earning like others.

You’d never go broke

Being broke is a state of not having the required finances to foot certain bills. But who goes broke when you have several streams of incomes?

Being broke occurs when you have just one source of income with no side hustle. When you are broke, it isn’t because you didn’t save properly; it is only because you decided not to start a side hustle that would enrich your bank account.

There are several high paying skills you can use to start a side hustle. If you don’t have them, you can learn it for a little fee and start making money alongside your salary.

You become your own boss

Have you ever dreamt of becoming your own boss and possibly employing people? You would have that feeling when you start a side hustle and it is booming. You take control of how much you earn, times you work, and people you work for.

If you are diligent with your job, you can end up making it a full-time business, instead of a side hustle.

There is nothing more interesting than when you start a side hustle that makes you a good amount of money.

This guide would help those who want to make more money to achieve it with ease. You can check it out by visiting the link below;

See source for more

Do you have any idea how one can go into Fiverr? The kind money I dey hear people dey make from dis Fiverr dey burst my brain.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Yommy247(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2018
SoapQueen:
Very true. Quit 9-5 last month. Focused on my freelance writing and stuff. I thank God, I can't complain.
please come and teach me. I'm already on fiverr but don't know how to go about it
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 16, 2018
SoapQueen:

Soap.I am trying to strike a deal with some business owners. The writing makes me have dark Circles. I'm always hazy-eyed too! Lol.

Alright. Maybe you could try put me through. If it's feasible enough, I won't mind investing with you. What do you think?
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by KevinDein: 9:16pm On May 16, 2018
rentAcock:

Yo, nice comment.

But "rentacock"? undecided
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by SoapQueen(f): 9:17pm On May 16, 2018
macbede:

Alright. Maybe you could try put me through. If it's feasible enough, I won't mind investing with you. What do you think?

Quite funny!*Grinning* You would abandon ship if things do not pan out well? I feel everything we use daily should make profits if one decides to produce them. However, like any other thing in life, it is never easy.

I wake up around 2am sometimes just to try out new batches and test foaming, viscosity and stuff. Crazy sometimes but I enjoy it.

I am still a baby. I never even start anything.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by SoapQueen(f): 9:20pm On May 16, 2018
Yommy247:
please come and teach me. I'm already on fiverr but don't know how to go about it

Join Smart Money Empire on Facebook. The fiverr overlords are there.
I advise that you start working for those who need people to outsource their jobs to.

This is the best way to learn and earn, albeit small bucks.

I hope this helps!
Regards.
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by rentAcock(m): 9:22pm On May 16, 2018
KevinDein:

Yo, nice comment.

But "rentacock"? undecided

I rent co.cks, that's my side hustle

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by kingsman66(m): 9:35pm On May 16, 2018
Emotionless100:
Staying in the north, kano to be precise but I don't really know the side hustle to take. Money is not the problem

can we partners in business
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Talkwell: 9:52pm On May 16, 2018
rentAcock:

Yeah,side hustle isn't for everyone and it's unpredictable.

But profitable when done right grin
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Talkwell: 9:53pm On May 16, 2018
SoapQueen:

Join Smart Money Empire on Facebook. The fiverr overlords are there.
I advise that you start working for those who need people to outsource their jobs to.

This is the best way to learn and earn, albeit small bucks.

I hope this helps!
Regards.

how much for writers?
I'm looking for writers
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by lawrence35(m): 9:57pm On May 16, 2018
When your current job don't give you time, start a sure business online... Check

https://www.nairaland.com/4505379/what-dropshiping-how-make-3500
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by imustsaymymindo: 10:21pm On May 16, 2018
Being broke is a state of not having the required finances to foot certain bills. But who goes broke when you have several streams of incomes?
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by simplysaka(m): 10:55pm On May 16, 2018
Good ideas to Nigerian youths

In case you want to advertise or create a means to advertise your own products. That is online at Alsalam Computers (www.sactech.com.ng) we help you showcase your products to the world by creating a befitting website for you. we also create stand alone applications for small and large organizations. Contact us today: 08033618259 you can whatsapp me too.
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by oluwashegundayo(m): 11:03pm On May 16, 2018
good idea
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by DrAuthentic: 11:25pm On May 16, 2018
Talkwell:

how much for writers? I'm looking for writers
i have sent you a DM. I write
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Dpredictor(m): 11:31pm On May 16, 2018
Josh44s:

Do you have any idea how one can go into Fiverr? The kind money I dey hear people dey make from dis Fiverr dey burst my brain.

You can check how much I make too cheesy.

Check it here and see how I can assist you
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Dpredictor(m): 11:34pm On May 16, 2018
noblebaba:
You want people to believe you but you don't reply to your mails that means you're far from the Internet ,I sent you mails but no single reply

Believe me? I drop this thread and go straight to my hustle. So many clients waiting for me.

So please I really don't have time to check emails.

Please visit here to see how I can help. I attend only to my students.
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Yugoos: 12:44am On May 17, 2018
IF YOU TRULY MAKE MONEY ONLINE BY WORKING, YOU WONT BE SELLING BOOKS.

STOP DISTURBING OUR EYES TO SELL A BOOK. YOUR REAL INCOME IS THROUGH THE BOOKS YOU SELL. NOT ANYTHING ELSE YOU SAY.

100K IN TWO DAYS ONLINE KOR NI

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by WikeTutor: 1:39am On May 17, 2018
I would be conducting a Free Seminar on FOREX From Next week.
Those interested can Join the group below.

https:///JVXqWX9BvuXD2BYmoBBANA

Over $5.3 Trillion dollars �are traded per day on the FOREX Market.
No Knowledge is a waste they say. Add Knowledge of FOREX to your Arsenal.❇
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Rainmaker69(m): 2:12am On May 17, 2018
Dpredictor:
Are you still looking for reasons to start a side hustle? I hope this post would convince you to take action. In my last post, I listed the high paying side hustles that are best for working class people and unemployed graduates.

Why am I confident about me not going broke or crying over money? “My Side Hustle!!!”
This is the problem with Nigerians today. 3 side hustles with mediocre input and poor returns.
Why not face one side and become a master of one? The get-rich-quick syndrome will make you spread yourself so thin, you will not be effective at anything. If you want to do business, go and start business but don't be an employee and use the time, effort and resources of your employer to run other things, you fit see some change, but its wrong and counter-productive in the long run. Even Jesus said you can't serve 2 masters and love them equally, 1 must take priority, and now you want to serve 5 masters!!! Its what oyinbo call conflict of interest. You can call it slavery mentality.
Don't do anything you can't put on a CV.
The key to financial prosperity is putting your money to work without personal management, ie investing in the money market, or investing in a company, public or private that you can ensure will be run efficiently. Nigerian youth, let's get things right.
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by ochendo809(m): 2:31am On May 17, 2018
Emotionless100:
Staying in the north, kano to be precise but I don't really know the side hustle to take. Money is not the problem

your can enter into palm oil distribution from the south to North.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by ebukaokereke(m): 2:34am On May 17, 2018
I am thinking of taking classes on photography. can anyone help me out here? Anyway i am new on Nairaland
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Emotionless100: 5:32am On May 17, 2018
ochendo809:

your can enter into palm oil distribution from the south to North.
Thanks a lot
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Sholaystar4me(m): 6:35am On May 17, 2018
A working class Nigerian with no side hustle is that one a Nigerian?
Re: 4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian by Olobojay(m): 6:51am On May 17, 2018
Don't be a lazy Nigerian youth
Earn Extra tokens
https://denxai.space/?code=cbf6c-7c03c-36a4a

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? / Chivita Hires Policemen Against Workers As One Shot Dead, Company Reacts / Help, I'm Having Challenges At Work!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.