Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,989 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:19 PM

VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign (667 Views)

Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector / Osinbajo Reveals Persons Buhari Will Jail / Kiki Osinbajo Reveals What Happened After She Met A Troll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign by HollaAyo(m): 1:27am On May 17, 2018
- VP Osinbajo said the ruling APC government will prove there is no agenda to Islamise Nigeria

- He assured the people of Benue that they will be protected from further attacks
Professor Yemi Osinbajo has vowed to resign as Nigeria’s vice president, if there is any religious connotation to the incessant killings by suspected herdsmen in Benue and other parts of the country.
According to Independent, the nation’s number two citizen also said if he and President Muhammadu Buhari fail to handle the crisis, he would resign.

WaffcityHot gathers that Osinbajo’s comments were in reaction to statements made by indigenes of Benue state, during the stakeholders’ meeting which took place on Wednesday, May 16, at the Banquet hall of the Benue People’s House, Makurdi.
In particular, Osinbajo was reacting to the speech by Bishop William Avenya of the Gboko dioceses of the Catholic Church, who said God would hold the vice president responsible, if he fails to act.

The vice president also said the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) government will prove there is no agenda to Islamise the nation; and that it would do so by protecting the people of the state from further attacks, and rebuilding the waste places.
He stated: “As a matter of fact, I’m also a priest and I’m a Christian, a born again Christian. Because I’m a born again Christian, my destiny is not determined by any man but by God whom I serve. Let me assure you that under no circumstance, none whatsoever, will I give up my faith or refuse to stand up for my faith. You can take that to the bank.
“Even the position that I currently occupy, I did not ask for it and I’m prepared to leave (resign) it at a short notice. It doesn’t mean anything (to me).”

Recall that WaffcityHot previously reported that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo denied claims that the killings in Benue were the outcome of a planned agenda to islamize Nigeria
He said the anger and disappointment expressed by the people of Benue was right and justified; but assured them that the federal government was committed to providing security for their protection

Source : Waffcityhot

http://waffcityhot..com.ng/2018/05/vp-yemi-Osinbajo-reveals-only-reason.html

Re: VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign by Kposkila: 1:54am On May 17, 2018
Esther in Bible days comes to mind...
Re: VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:09am On May 17, 2018
God bless my Vice President
Re: VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign by Tommyrankee(m): 3:17am On May 17, 2018
God bless the second in command
Re: VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign by three: 5:57am On May 17, 2018
What is your faith?

1 Like

Re: VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:11am On May 17, 2018
Hmmm

Re: VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign by hisgrace090: 7:16am On May 17, 2018
Mr VP, may God see you through.
Re: VP Yemi Osinbajo Reveals The Only Thing That Can Make Him Resign by Nobody: 7:22am On May 17, 2018
If there's one area that the Buhari-led administration had failed, it's in the area of securing the lives and properties of Nigerians.

An average unintelligent leader would have fired the minister for Interior a long time ago.

I guess Buhari is less than average.

Mr V.P, sorry to say, but you are a big disappointment. Should the Benue people wait until they are entirely wiped out?

Who can't see that this is a brutal form of ethnic cleansing?

It's best you resign now sir and preserve the little integrity you have left.

(1) (Reply)

Govt That Watches Its People Get Killed Every Day Is Irresponsible - Amaechi / Oyo 2019: Why Joseph Olasunkanmi Tegbe? | ‘gafaar Adesina / UN Condemns Plateau Killings, AI Says FG Encouraging Murderers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.