Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,875 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! (16479 Views)

Do You Think In English Language Or Your Mother Tongue? / I Wonder What Ghananians Are Turning In To: (it's A Shame) / Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by motunrayo4(f): 2:38am On Aug 05, 2008
Not really. . . I just have friends from other African countries
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by naijadiva2(f): 2:38am On Aug 05, 2008
Nah. . . Not just Nigerians. Even Malaysian as well. We have like a bunch on Indian Malaysian trying so hard to be like the blacks and the Chinese trying so hard to be like the whites and the Malays tried to so hard be in between the Black and Whites. . . . Its all being mixed up.

wow that's crazy.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by HCH3COO: 2:39am On Aug 05, 2008
motun_rayo:

Not really. . . I just have friends from other African countries
how many   4
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Gabry(f): 2:42am On Aug 05, 2008
naija_diva:

wow that's crazy.
yeap sis. People think that the grass is greener on the other side but nope. . . It could be the same or worse off. wink
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by motunrayo4(f): 2:44am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

how many   4
Why that assumption?
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by HCH3COO: 2:46am On Aug 05, 2008
motun_rayo:

Why that assumption?
why not I'm trying to understand how you know that most African countries do so.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Gabry(f): 2:47am On Aug 05, 2008
Ch3coo, you know what? You are some funny dude. grin
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by naijadiva2(f): 2:49am On Aug 05, 2008
gabrywyl:

Ch3coo, you know what? You are some funny dude. grin

really, he's always "exchanging ideas".
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Gabry(f): 2:49am On Aug 05, 2008
naija_diva:

really, he's always "exchanging ideas".

He reminded me of Clem. Sarcastically funny. . . tongue
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by naijadiva2(f): 2:50am On Aug 05, 2008
gabrywyl:

He reminded me of Clem. Sarcastically funny. . . tongue

who's that?
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by motunrayo4(f): 2:50am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

why not    I'm trying to understand how you know that most African  countries do so.
Well I have more then that. . . . . .and we have had many a convos on topics similar to things and other NL topics
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Gabry(f): 2:52am On Aug 05, 2008
naija_diva:

who's that?

clem is clemcykul . He's always at the joke section.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by naijadiva2(f): 2:55am On Aug 05, 2008
gabrywyl:

oh, don't know who that is. haven't been in that section in a while.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 05, 2008
gabrywyl:

He? thought it was she

nawa o shocked
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Gabry(f): 3:00am On Aug 05, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

He? thought it was she

nawa o shocked

SHE??/ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You sure sis?
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Nobody: 3:00am On Aug 05, 2008
gabrywyl:

SHE??/ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You sure sis?
lol, yes.

She. Well I hope so unless half of the men in that sec are gay
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by HCH3COO: 3:01am On Aug 05, 2008
gaby      

grin  grin  grin
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Gabry(f): 3:04am On Aug 05, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

lol, yes.

She. Well I hope so unless half of the men in that sec are gay

And how did you know? Cause most of us in the joke section were asking him / her and he / she basically did not want to admit anything. . . .

HCH3COO:

gaby

grin grin grin

Yes bro? keep up with your sarcastically funny attitude. It lights up the space. tongue
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by naijadiva2(f): 3:07am On Aug 05, 2008
it's funny how we went off topic.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Nobody: 3:08am On Aug 05, 2008
gabrywyl:

And how did you know? Cause most of us in the joke section were asking him / her and he / she basically did not want to admit anything. . . .
Cause I used to post on joke sec. The times when Sam Milla was the moderator undecided
Well, I tuen is always saying Clemcy/Tessybaby are his wives. hmmm
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 05, 2008
naija_diva:

it's funny how we went off topic.
Yes, yet am not laughing embarassed
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by naijadiva2(f): 3:10am On Aug 05, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Yes, yet am not laughing embarassed

are u serious? it wasn't meant for laughs.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by HCH3COO: 3:11am On Aug 05, 2008
naija_diva:

omo ibo, are you still learning the language or did you give up?
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 05, 2008
naija_diva:

O di mma
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by masawa: 3:13am On Aug 05, 2008
for tpia ,the guy who takes obama as  an example, it's laughable!Africans and blacks in general are very desperate ,why take pride of someone's else sucess when you have
nothing to do with this success, obama is half WHITE Hlf black,I don't care what  whites CALL HIM,TRUTH MATTERS THE MOST, obama is of EUROPEAN descent thanks to his WHITE mother,he was raised by his WHITE folks ,he speaks english HIS MOTHER TONGUE.BI RACIALS RULE thE BLACK RACE it seems like they are the "black " kings LOL, find something else please!
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by Gabry(f): 3:13am On Aug 05, 2008
Yikes!!! We did went off topic huh? Ok, boy and girls, get back into topic.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by naijadiva2(f): 3:14am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

omo ibo, are you still learning the language or did you give up?

wow, random. but to answer to your question, its a little bit of both. i'm still learning but at a more slower pace because i have no motivation except when i come to NL of course.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by naijadiva2(f): 3:16am On Aug 05, 2008
masawa:

for tpia ,the guy who takes obama as an example, it's laughable!Africans and blacks in general are very desperate ,why take pride of someone's else sucess when you have
nothing to do with this success, obama is half WHITE Hlf black,I don't care what whites CALL HIM,TRUTH MATTERS THE MOST, obama is of EUROPEAN descent thanks to his WHITE mother,he was raised by his WHITE folks ,he speaks english HIS MOTHER TONGUE.BI RACIALS RULE thE BLACK RACE it seems like they are the "black " kings LOL, find something else please!

dude, wrong thread.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by HCH3COO: 3:16am On Aug 05, 2008
aww, pele.  It's easier to learn while you're younger.

If you want I can teach you yoruba.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by OgaSarge(m): 3:17am On Aug 05, 2008
u know, i actually thought the official language in Nigeria was ENGLISH, i mean, like CONSTITUTIONALLY, right? ABI? it is embarassing if one cannot communicate effectively amongst his or hers but surely not A SHAME!!!
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by HCH3COO: 3:19am On Aug 05, 2008
let's start with the alphabets .

ha bi di hay heh fi gi gbi he he ji ki li mi ni pi ri si shi ti hoo wi yi.
Re: Isn't It A Shame When You Can't Speak Your Mother Tongue?! by naijadiva2(f): 3:19am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

aww, pele.  It's easier to learn while you're younger.

If you want I can teach you yoruba.

i don't mind but who am i going to speak yoruba to when i'm surrounded buy igbo. even when i walk outside, i hear igbo more than  yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Edos / Yoruba People And insults / Eluku Festival: Notice Of Movement Restrictions In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.