Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

85% Nigerians Reject Ibb For 2011 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 85% Nigerians Reject Ibb For 2011 Presidency (695 Views)

Blackout: Nigerians Reject Buhari’s Apology - Punch NewsPaper / Blame IBB For The Weak Naira-buhari / IBB For President (2007) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

85% Nigerians Reject Ibb For 2011 Presidency by AloyEmeka5: 11:22pm On May 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigerians reject IBB for 2011 presidency[/size]
By Paul Arhewe, Online/Foreign Editor, Lagos

• 85% Kicks Against Him In Poll

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/23/402.html

Nigerians in their thousands have kicked against the 2011 presidential ambition of former military President Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida.

They did in a recent opinion poll conducted from the website of Independent Newspapers Limited, where they gave reasons why the former Head of State should perish his ambition to contest next year’s election.

Respondents were reacting to the question: “Should IBB contest for 2011 presidential poll?”

Result from the poll shows that 3,430 (85 per cent) of the respondents said IBB should not contest while 531(13 per cent) agreed that he should contest.

Thirty-two of the respondents were not sure if IBB should context or not.

Many of the voters’ comments were negative on IBB’s 2011 presidential ambition.

One Oweikeme Wilson Bio wrote: “Questions we need to ask ourselves and Babangida in particular since he stepped aside to date is: what are the positive things he has done to warrant a second chance as President? Is he the only Nigerian who has solutions to the nation’s problems that he created while in power? Enough of this joke, we need a leader with sound track record and vision to move the nation forward and not manipulators.”

“Never trust a barrack-mentality army man. If in doubt flash back to the eight years of Obasanjo nightmare. Stop Babangida 2011 is a call to duty,” stated Meniru Ebekuo Icheoku.

“Fine, he is not the only Nigerian that has expressed these views. And must not be the only one capable of implementing such noble ideas. He had his chance; others need the opportunity as citizens of Nigeria. His duty now is to advice, if he truly loves the country,” wrote Fon, one of the respondents.

Similarly, George Onyema said: “IBB your ideas are very wonderful. Nigeria should be decentralised, I agree with you. I can say that 1/5 of the people in both Houses (National Assembly) received your help in the last election. You can push these ideas through them, they can table them as motions that will be debated, after all if you pass it as a bill to the house, and it will still be debated. You don’t need to be a President to see those wonderful ideas of yours sail through.”

Also, one Abanikanda wrote: “$12 billion of oil sales (Okigbo reports); death of Dele Giwa; deaths of over 300 high ranking army officers from the C130 plane crash; I have very close relatives that died in that crash, so are other families that depended on these victims; I never stopped crying whenever I remembered. Well what else did IBB left behind in Aso Rock other than gnawing pains?” he asked.

Another respondent by the name D1 said: “Babangida, our eyes have opened. You don’t have anything good to offer Nigerians, you are a joker. You want to deceive us and come back to pack more than the gulf oil money; impossible. Please stay away, give chance to the educated people we have now. We are tired of the old soldier like you and Obasanjo; selfish people.”

Wamba Idris from Minna also wrote: “My kinsman, IBB as fondly called, please don’t go and disgrace us. What did you forget in Aso Rock? Learn from former Guinea-Bissau President, late Vierra. Don’t be deceived by the Yoruba Daniels and co, they are Abiola’s kinsmen and they will disappoint you. They are after your ill-gotten money from Niger Delta region.”

Emeka Okoronkwo wrote: “I know what IBB forgot. He forgot to die in Aso Rock, but it won’t work. He can die at Minna and still receive a state burial.”

“Tell Maradona that he is a joker. Whoever told him that after all the atrocities he committed on Nigerians with his late wife and in-laws he would come back to continue? It is because of him many people like me are not living in Nigeria. If he did not usurp power when he did, many of us who graduated that year would have gotten job and therefore stay in our country. He should go and rule in hell,” wrote Kenneth Nwagwu.

One Bede from Venice, Italy wrote: “Yes we know that you forgot a lot of things in Aso Rock like letter parcel bombs; Okigbo panel report on oil wind fall indicting you; enlisting Nigeria into Islamic society; guide on how to execute a successful coup; when and how to annul a free and fair democratic election etc. Please, IBB, you are a threat to democracy, please stay home.”

One Simon N. wrote: “The God of heaven and the earth will never again allow Babangida to rule Nigeria and Nigerians. We suffered during Babangida’s evil days. When he came into power, our currency was stronger than the United States dollar, the highest denomination then was N20 but see what happens today. IBB is the most wicked ruler I’ve ever seen since my few days on earth.”

“Charity, they say, begins at home. What contributions has IBB made to his home state since leaving office? Nigerians are tired of IBB and his likes who believe it is their birth right to feed at the top of the food chain. The fine policies and ideologies IBB is espousing today are not new. I am however disturbed that he believes that only him can bring them to fruition as a President,” Mbelede Onuakpu asked.

“My question is thus, what has IBB done as a private citizen to see these same policies and ideologies become the order of the day in Nigeria prior to 2011? We go from the known to the unknown. I will like to see empirical evidence of IBB strongly advocating for true federalism, state police , etc, to believe that he is remotely interested in any of those,” he added.

Among the few supporting IBB’s come back to Aso Rock, is one Goni.
Re: 85% Nigerians Reject Ibb For 2011 Presidency by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 24, 2010
What nonsense poll is that?
Re: 85% Nigerians Reject Ibb For 2011 Presidency by udezue(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2010
Good.
Re: 85% Nigerians Reject Ibb For 2011 Presidency by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 24, 2010
Bet the other demented 15% run the office.
Re: 85% Nigerians Reject Ibb For 2011 Presidency by Depilot(m): 3:42pm On May 25, 2010
15% of Nigerian vote is enough to become the president. You guys need to slow down and be careful, the entire Nigeria is a game of chess. As long as we are in Nigeria do not forget that anything can happen or anyting is possible.
I will not be surprised if IBB happens to be our next president.
Re: 85% Nigerians Reject Ibb For 2011 Presidency by Nigerd(m): 7:56am On May 26, 2010
hw many Nigeria has access to the internet? so i beg u all lets do house to house campaign against IBB, not internet pool

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Kosovo? / Sleeping After Ruining Nigeria! / Mtn Offers Free Weekend Calls !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.