Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Texas School Shooting : Students Marched Against Gun Violence 28 Days Ago - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Texas School Shooting : Students Marched Against Gun Violence 28 Days Ago (316 Views)

14 Children, 1 Teacher Killed In Texas School Shooting: Governor / Michigan School Shooting: Suspect's Parents Arrested In Detroit* / Photos From Florida High School Shooting That Killed 17 And Injured 50 More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Texas School Shooting : Students Marched Against Gun Violence 28 Days Ago by HollaAyo(m): 12:37am On May 19, 2018
Texas student: 'All we heard was run, run'
A tenth-grade student and her mother described the tense moments during and after a deadly high school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas on Friday. Dakota Shrader says she heard alarms at her school and then people yelling to run. (May 18)

Just 28 days ago, students at Santa Fe High School walked out of class along with teens across the country to demand an end to the bloodshed that has rippled through U.S. schools.
The Texas students distributed fact sheets on gun violence, they wore orange ribbons, they read a poem from a survivor of the Valentine's Day massacre at a Parkland, Fla., high school.
They observed 17 minutes of silence on National Walkout Day, the 19th anniversary of a shooting at Columbine, a massacre in 1999 that triggered one of the first national debates over gun-control laws and school security.

On Friday, those same students — young people who have never known a world without active shooter drills in their classrooms — became the latest victims when bullets rained down again.
Police say nine students and one adult were killed when a gunman opened fire at the school. Explosives were found on the school campus and off the grounds.

This time it was the Santa Fe students whose frantic parents raced to the scene, this time it was the Santa Fe students whose anguished voices described the horror and panic that erupted at the start of the school day.
“One minute we’re sitting there doing math problems and then we’re being told to run for our lives," Lauren Little told KHOU.
"There were people crying and screaming everywhere. There were parents crying because they didn’t know where their kids were,” said Lauren, who told the station the students took cover behind a car wash across the highway.
Zach Lawford told the station he was in first period when shots rang out. "We clearly heard the first shot and probably 20 more shots,” Zach said.
More [/b]10 dead after gunman opens fire at Texas high school; suspect in custody, explosives found

[b]More:
Parkland students said, 'We will be the last mass shooting.' Now, they grieve with Texas
More: Texas high school shooting: 10 dead, explosives found, more on what we know now
When fire alarms pierced the air Friday morning, students scrambled quickly outside, Dakota Shrader, a 10th-grader, told KHOU, many not realizing it was not a drill.
"Next thing you know, everybody looks and you hear 'boom, boom, boom,' and I just ran as fast as I could to the nearest forest so I can hide and I called my mom," she said.
Parkland students — whose vow to be the "last mass school shooting" ignited a national movement led by young people to change gun laws — immediately reached out to their Santa Fe counterparts, vowing to stand with those whose lives are now shattered.
“My heart is so heavy for the students of Santa Fe High School. It’s an all-too-familiar feeling no one should have to experience. I am so sorry this epidemic touched your town – Parkland will stand with you now and forever,” Marjory Stoneman Douglas students Jaclyn Corin said in a tweet.
Share your feedback to help improve our new site experience!
Texas student: 'All we heard was run, run'
A tenth-grade student and her mother described the tense moments during and after a deadly high school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas on Friday. Dakota Shrader says she heard alarms at her school and then people yelling to run. (May 18)
AP
My heart is so heavy for the students of Santa Fe High School. It’s an all too familiar feeling no one should have to experience. I am so sorry this epidemic touched your town - Parkland will stand with you now and forever.
pic.twitter.com/ckVPxYi6qz

culled from : UsaToday
source : Waffcityhot

read more: http://waffcityhot..com.ng/2018/05/texas-school-shooting-students-had.html

Re: Texas School Shooting : Students Marched Against Gun Violence 28 Days Ago by panafrican(m): 2:17am On May 19, 2018
Campaign funds - driven Congress will do nothing , particularly at this time of the year when incumbents are campaigning for the 2018 primaries.
They all are getting big money from the gun lobby

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Zimbabwe President Survives Assassination Attempt... / Trump To End Birthright Citizenship Via Executive Order / I Sexually Assaulted Our Maid, Philippine President Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.