Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) (8663 Views)

The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along / "I Killed Konji" (a Short Horny_ Sad Story) / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 7:18am On May 19, 2018
The piercing cries of a newborn rented the air. It was Wesleyshire Hospital. A tired Tony was sitting in a chair and resting his head on the wall. He has been sitting along the corridor of the maternity ward for more than 17 hours. He watched as women in labour were being brought into the ward but he was just staring at them with little or no concern. His heart was troubled. He felt his man power draining away every passing seconds. All these was due to the fact that Ann his wife has been in labour for the last 17 hours. He wasn't allowed into the labour room, so he had no option than to stay at the corridor waiting for a good news from the doctor. As time went by, his mind lost all hope of hearing a good news. He started preparing for the worst that might happen anytime soon. Suddenly, the cry of a baby from his wife's labor room jolted him out of his inactive state!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 7:19am On May 19, 2018
The doctor came out of the labor room. Tony noticed some tiny beads of sweat on his forehead and his shirt was damp. Looking into his eyes, Tony knew all was not well. Doctor Hayden told him to be patient for a while and keep on praying for God's intervention. " The baby's heart stopped beating but there is still hope of survival " says Hayden. Tony sank into his chair with tears running down his cheeks. He started reminiscing about his past, he was an orphan. He lost his parents at a very tender age. The string of attraction between him and Ann was because she was an orphan too. He couldn't bear the pains of them losing their baby. Though a full grown man, Hayden the doctor was moved because, standing before him is another full grown man crying like a toddler. He did the best he could do in pacifying him and told him all will be well. He left.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 7:19am On May 19, 2018
Tony waited another two hours. He was hungry and very weak. He hasn't tasted a drop of water since his wife went into labour. The doctor came out of the room looking a bit relaxed and disturbed at the same time. He put his arm around Tony's shoulder and broke the saddest news " Your baby is alive but we lost the mother". It was like a bomb was detonated. Tony's heart skipped several beats, this is the most heartbreaking news ever. Hayden knew he was going to break down, so he turned his back and left because he couldn't bear that happening in his presence. Tony broke down into uncontrollable tears. So sad.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 7:20am On May 19, 2018
As Max grew up, Tony showered him with both fatherly and motherly care. He did not remarry because he couldn't bear saying " I do " at the altar to another woman. So he decided to remain as a single parent and give his son the best life according to his capability. Tony was not a rich man but he worked so hard to give Max the best. He rarely talk about Ann to Max because he doesn't want to stir his emotions up once again. Max grew up. He was a responsible son. Tony watched him grow into a full- fledged handsome man that ladies found irresistible. Both live together more like brothers than father and son. The happiness didn't last for long, the joy was short- lived because Tony died of heart disease when Max was in his final year at the University. This was a very big blow to him, but as a strong man he picked himself up and continued living his life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 7:20am On May 19, 2018
This tragedy made Max to be withdrawn. He play and laughed less. On a particular day, one of Max's friends was celebrating his birthday so he invited all his friends including Max. He was reluctant at first but he later attended. When the party was half way, he caught a glimpse of a very beautiful young lady who has no dancing partner. Max stood up and moved closer to her, he whispered to her ears "Would you like to dance?" She nodded in affirmation. Bang! They hit the dance floor. He discovered her name was Celine. The music was loud at first but when it became slow, Max whispered to her " Celine, don't ever let go of my hands" oh! What a romantic moment. After the party, a new relationship was born. Max and Celine. After a few months, Max was out of school. He took up a menial job in order to take care of Celine and himself. They got married at a registry. Just the saying of vows without a party.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 7:21am On May 19, 2018
Without a plan, they conceived . Though max was happy but he was a poor and struggling man. He told Celine " What is going to happen? I only make enough to feed us and buy clothes. Now we're gonna have a baby. Don't misinterpret me, I love you as much as I love the baby but I'm confused". Celine gave him a kiss on his cheeks and said "Max, I know you love me. You can do it. You can work harder and make life better for both of us. We're going to love this baby as much as we love ourselves". These words were soothing the his ears. They agreed to keep the baby. He worked harder, he worked more and more and fortunately fate smiled at him. He was able to make much income. He bought a house at a good part of the town where he continued living with his wife and Britney, their daughter.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 7:23am On May 19, 2018
Forty five years later, Britney already have a family of her own. Max and Celine are in their old age. One day, as Max and Celine were walking along the road, holding each other's hands. Max noticed Celine grip loosen and she fell to the ground. Everywhere was silent, the only sound was Celine weak breath. The scene attracted a lot of concerned crowd. Max was silently shedding tears while saying "Celine, don't leave me alone in this world" The sight was pitiable. Someone from the crowd was able to get an ambulance and Celine was whisked away to the hospital. As Max sat by her hospital bed, Britney walks in with her husband and kids. She went to Max and said to him "Dad, I don't know if mum can hear you or hear me now, but she's trying to tell you that it's time for you to let go. Britney and her family will continue to be by your side and they will never let you go". The reality dawned on Max, he realized that no one is going to live forever. Britney gave him a tight hug and he wept on her shoulder. It was time to let go of Celine.

Written by :Sexybbstar

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 7:27am On May 19, 2018
vizkiz ,Viicfuntop, shinalaura,MyTime3, greiboy,uminem02, tk4rd , lefulefu, tosyne2much,lalasticlala, Timagex, adaksbullet 5thElement, Femieddy, IamD18
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 8:49am On May 19, 2018
Cool story
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by adaksbullet: 9:40am On May 19, 2018
These storys his whant too made me cryed but I we no cry sad mans not cry angry

Whot an konkonbalntic family angry angry angry

His breatney also die off labor pains? undecided undecided

Shoot dem P cheesy wink grin

1 Like

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 10:06am On May 19, 2018
adaksbullet:
These storys his whant too made me cryed but I we no cry sad mans not cry angry

Whot an konkonbalntic family angry angry angry

His breatney also die off labor pains? undecided undecided

Shoot dem P cheesy wink grin

You better cry grin. Shoot-Dem wink
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 10:19am On May 19, 2018
Sexybbstar

You should have given me ample warning that it was going to be very sad. cry cry cry

Wait a minute, lemme clean my tears... cry

You really have a great storyline here. Have you thought of developing it further and self publishing or something?

(You've mixed up some of your tenses though smiley that's easily remedied anyways )

I write myself and if you are really serious about getting into scriptwriting and fiction writing I could give you some pointers if you want.
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by adaksbullet: 11:04am On May 19, 2018
sexybbstar:

You better cry grin. Shoot-Dem wink
man his not cry
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 11:16am On May 19, 2018
5thElement:
Sexybbstar

You should have given me ample warning that it was going to be very sad. cry cry cry

Wait a minute, lemme clean my tears... cry

You really have a great storyline here. Have you thought of developing it further and self publishing or something?

(You've mixed up some of your tenses though smiley that's easily remedied anyways )

I write myself and if you are really serious about getting into scriptwriting and fiction writing I could give you some pointers if you want.

Lol, I'm still learning how to write in English. grin. I think I will work on it and develop it into a novel. This is just the summary. Thanks for the critic, I'll make it better next time.
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 11:18am On May 19, 2018
adaksbullet:
man his not cry
grin grin Funny dude
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by dojnr4real: 11:26am On May 19, 2018
nice one dear...more ink to your pen. Gracia
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 11:46am On May 19, 2018
sexybbstar:

Lol, I'm still learning how to write in English. grin. I think I will work on it and develop it into a novel. This is just the summary. Thanks for the critic, I'll make it better next time.

Can I email you?
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by vizkiz: 12:13pm On May 19, 2018
cry
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 19, 2018
5thElement:

Can I email you?
Yes you can

1 Like

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 19, 2018
vizkiz:
cry
Daddy yo.. Why the sad face cheesy
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 19, 2018
dojnr4real:
nice one dear...more ink to your pen. Gracia
Thank you so much for stopping by.

1 Like

Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by KingSango(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2018
Wow! Very emotional, so much, it grabs you until the end. cheesy

It has you praying that things will get better yet they don't.

Not all stories have a happy ending.

Ase

Love Sango
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 19, 2018
KingSango:

Wow! Very emotional, so much, it grabs you until the end. cheesy
It has you praying that things will get better yet they don't.
Not all stories have a happy ending.
Ase
Love Sango
Lol.. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by KingSango(m): 8:04pm On May 19, 2018
sexybbstar:

Lol.. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate

Do you write in another language besides English?

I know many continental Afrikans speak several languages, always found that to be amazing. They say the more languages you speak the smarter you are so Afrikans speaking all different languages isn't a bad thing after all. grin
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by bolajinoni1(m): 8:36pm On May 19, 2018
wow! nice story. keep it up. u just make me cry,
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 19, 2018
KingSango:

Do you write in another language besides English?

I know many continental Afrikans speak several languages, always found that to be amazing. They say the more languages you speak the smarter you are so Afrikans speaking all different languages isn't a bad thing after all. grin
Apart of English language, the only languages I can write in is Yoruba and French. Though I wish to learn more.
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 19, 2018
bolajinoni1:
wow! nice story. keep it up. u just make me cry,
Aww sad. I never knew it will touch people like this. Thanks for liking it.
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by KingSango(m): 9:02pm On May 19, 2018
sexybbstar:

Apart of English language, the only languages I can write in is Yoruba and French. Though I wish to learn more.

Hmmm....

How come Yoruba doesn't have its own alphabet script? How come any Nigerian language doesn't have its own alphabet? How does a foreigner understand the depth of the Yoruba mind without the symbols? grin I'm just rambling. tongue
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Timagex(m): 9:05pm On May 19, 2018
sexybbstar:

people dey cry? sad shocked shocked I no go read am b dat o shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 19, 2018
KingSango:

Hmmm....

How come Yoruba doesn't have its own alphabet script? How come any Nigerian language doesn't have its own alphabet? How does a foreigner understand the depth of the Yoruba mind without the symbols? grin I'm just rambling. tongue

Lol.. I don't even know what to say
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 19, 2018
Timagex:
people dey cry? sad shocked shocked I no go read am b dat o shocked shocked shocked shocked
Read am jo
Re: It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) by Lekan1o1: 11:13pm On May 19, 2018
sexybbstar:

Fine gal.. Its like u are making money on crypto pls which airdrop should I join I'm still new in this. Abeg tell me o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drop A Comment Here And I'll Help You Make A Book Cover / The New Reality After Nysc / A poem for Nigeria at 52: The Giant Is Asleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.