Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,082 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along (27699 Views)

Apostle Suleman Have Said It All,but I Don't Believe In What He Says,just Becaus / Novel: What He Says / It's Time For You To Let Go (a Short Sad Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by Vanmatrix(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2019
"Money fall on you, banana fall on you…", her iphone 6 came alive.

Sandra picked up her phone and peered her eyes to the screen for the name of the the caller. It was Jude. 'What could this one want this time', she wondered. She hesitated but when the call came the second time, she decided to pick it up.

"Hello baby how are you?" his husky voice came through the earjack.

"I'm fine." She answered softly, her voice sounding like that of an angel.

"Where are you?"

"I'm just at my hostel oh. Just bored."

"Why will my baby be bored? You know what? Just dress up, I'm coming to pick you up, let's go out".

"Really?" Her eyes lit up. She was glad she hadn't resolved to ignore his call.

"Yes. I'm about getting into my car. "

"Okay. Let me get ready."

As he rev his car engine and push the gear to drive (D) mode, Jude couldn't but wonder why most ladies are so easily swayed with that phrase "let's go out". There wasn't that much cash on him but he just couldn't resist making Sandra excited. He had only 15k in his account. Hopefully by next week, that web design deal he's bidding for would soon pull through and once he is done, he should have about 100k in his account. So he need not worry about spending about 8-10k on Sandra, at least he can manage the remaining 5k.

It took him barely half an hour to get to the campus and pulled over near the campus females' hostel.

He dialed Sandra phone and in a beep, she answered the call all excited as if the call came from her favorite celebrity.

"Hi bae, I'm at the front of your hostel. Start coming out." Jude spoke.
"Okay boo. We are coming out now." and she hung up.
"We??" but she had already hung up.

And true enough. It was a "we". You see Sandra was coming out with not one, not even two, but three of her friends, Mary, Gift and Oluchi. As she sat at the front seat of Jude's car, her friends sat themselves at the back seat.

"Boo my friends will accompany us. I couldn't bear to leave them in the same boring state we were in before you called. So I invited them to join us. I know you don't mind".

'Ehn! Don't mind? So she can now read my mind? Daughter of the mind reader! Her royal knowingness! "I know you don't mind." Is it her mind? I mind oh.' Jude thought to himself.

Hi Jude" they chorused from behind.
"Hello. Nice to see you again." Jude clenched his teeth.

But in his mind, he was like "these 3 hungry girls again?! Sandra wants to kill me! Who send me message?"

This is because the first time he'd taken all four ladies out, he nearly went broke! They'd ended up ordering for breakfast, lunch and dinner which they couldn't finish that they had to ask for the rest to be wrapped up for them to take home as if they don't have food in their house.

'Later girls will start cursing heaven and earth when their guys cheats on them with their friends. When a guy takes a girl out, isn't that called a date? Hence you're dating. So if your friends tag along, then he's dating them too. So why complain when he choses to satisfy himself with any of them?' Jude had wondered. 

He rev the car again and took to the road. His speakers blared various Davido's hit songs collection which they didn't fail to sing along.

30 minutes past, he was already blazing towards Ughelli. He entered ekuigho and kept driving around telling them his friend told him about this place but he's not quite familiar with the direction.
"I hope you don't want to use our pant to do money ritual?" Gift asked with a nervous chuckle.

Jude could swear she was afraid.
'Use una pant do which yeye money ritual? Like say una pant get oil! If dey wan count pant wey fit bring block, dem go count una own? Pant wey if you give babalewo, he go dey say you carry debt come give am. Oil dey na person never use am since?' Jude wondered in his mind.

After some time, he finally came to a stop.
"We are here! " he announced.
"Where exactly are we?" Sandra asked looking around.
"Are you not seeing the burial ceremony going on there?" he pointed…. Surely it was a burial ceremony…. "One of my old friends from my primary school days, that's his uncle's burial. He invited me to come. He's the one I said gave me the direction. You know I said the place is new. Besides I felt like taking you along with me, I know you don't mind."
He didn't fail to stress the "I know you don't mind" part.
"But you said, we were going out!"
"Ehen is this not going out?"
"I was thinking you meant shoprite, AJ or any better place."
"Did I tell you I was taking you to any of those places? I said I want to take you out. We are in ughelli, is this going in? Is this not a far outing? Abeg you people should come down from the car, let's go and sit down."

They went to sit down under one of the canopy. Sandra was just eyeing him up and down and swearing for him in her mind.

He kept on smiling sheepishly as he saw the disappointment on their faces. In his mind he was like 'You thought you are wise, abi?'

Not long after, they were served the rice from the burial ceremony as it was being shared.
'Make una enjoy the food. After all, people talk say na burial rice na dey sweet pass. So I dey even do una favor.' Jude thought within.
'If na restaurant now, they will know how to order for more. Let me see if they'll be bold enough to ask for another plate of the burial rice'.

After the burial ceremony, Jude led them back to his car and took them back to their hostel. At the end of the day, he saved his money. He'd only spent 2k which he'd used to fuel the car on their way back.

In his mind he was like 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.'

Next time, everybody will respect themselves.

The End

Originally posted on https://martinswrites.com/the-outing-short-story/

209 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by hahn(m): 10:24am On Aug 11, 2019
Lol. The guy na fool

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by CosmicPhoenix: 10:44am On Aug 11, 2019
the guy deserves a gold medal,that's how you treat wicked b*tches.

221 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by tillaman(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2019
That’s one crazy sharp dude!!
Your balls must be made
Outta titanium I like the way you contained the situation
Some girls are principalities
When you are not a federal government project
Very anyhow human beings

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by Vanmatrix(m): 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2019
Very sharp dude�������

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by femtex007(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2019
Y not be matured enough to tell ur babe ur budget?
Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:42am On Aug 12, 2019
But in his mind, he was like "these 3 hungry girls again?! Sandra wants to kill me! Who send me message?"

This is because the first time he'd taken all four ladies out, he nearly went broke! They'd ended up ordering for breakfast, lunch and dinner which they couldn't finish that they had to ask for the rest to be wrapped up for them to take home as if they don't have food in their house.
Na dem.....

Shameles Slay Queens!

I never chop dem dem!
cheesy

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by BucketMan: 7:43am On Aug 12, 2019
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by inoki247: 7:43am On Aug 12, 2019
Make I go read first I'm Cummin bak like Atiku

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by Sirmuel1(m): 7:43am On Aug 12, 2019
I like the Guy, but then, I could have sent them back immediately they came out of the hostel. I no get joy at all cheesy

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by lonelydora: 7:44am On Aug 12, 2019
grin grin Chai!
Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by iHart(m): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2019
This one sweet me ohhh ahahahahahaha

11 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by Philinho(m): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2019
And I said I'm not going again. No be by force to go out. Ladies eeeh...Relationship is not a rescue mission. period

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by OkoYibo: 7:45am On Aug 12, 2019
Hungry poverty-stricken girls would nearly finish OP today.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by GIDIBANKZ(m): 7:45am On Aug 12, 2019
cool
Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by dokyOloye: 7:46am On Aug 12, 2019
New OT alert.
Guys,take note!!!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by babyfaceafrica: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2019
sharp guy..he must be urhobo..dem get brain

11 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by phantom(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2019
I for carry them go shoprite, order the whole world, use backdoor takeoff. When dem contribute pay 50k bill, body go tell them.

38 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by KingGBsky(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2019
Lol
Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by materialproject: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
shocked
Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by Sonnobax15(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
What a way to treat a hunqry broke ass babe!

2 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by omorege1: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
Then no more outing
Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by Newguyhere: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
G

2 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by pweshboi(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
Lol... Crazy dude {Jude} I must say cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by BlueAir: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
She got served her deserved dish cheesy

8 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by kellz0(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
Legend I stan

3 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by Apination(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
Warri girls are some of the worst set of human beings you can ever encounter. They are lazy, hungry, bitchy, stupid and destinyless cos boys don use almost all of them finish undecided

27 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by marvin906(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2019
I love this dude I swear

37 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by englishmart(m): 7:49am On Aug 12, 2019
If my budget was for two plates of fried rice and chicken, she and her friends will share one plate, while I enjoy mine. I didn't tell her it was my birthday, why come with friends or loved ones?

31 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by cinoedhunter: 7:49am On Aug 12, 2019
I love this Jude grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: The Outing - He Says Let's Go Out, She Brought Her Friends Along by drips8(m): 7:49am On Aug 12, 2019
Well

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naruto Manga Has Finally Ended (Links & Spoilers) / Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed / I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.