Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding (1461 Views)

Politicians Go Into Hiding In Anambra As Gunmen Break Loose / Corper Goes Into Hiding, Crying As Gunmen Storm Their Polling Unit(video) / BREAKING: IGP Adamu Retires All Digs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by Nobody: 10:42am On May 19, 2018
Emerging report indicates that a Liberty Television Journalist, Aminu Nurudeen, suspected to have posted the viral video showing the Inspector-General of Police, IGP, Ibrahim Idris, struggling to read a speech at a public event in Kano, has gone into hiding.

According to Punch Newspaper, the Kano State Police Command invited the Reporter to its office, immediately after the video went viral.
The video shows the IGP struggling to read his speech at the inauguration of the Police Technical Intelligence Unit, in Kano, Kano State, on Monday.

It was learnt that Nurudeen’s whereabouts had been unknown since the Kano State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Musa Magaji Majiya, invited him, on Thursday.

Sources said that the Police authorities were upset with the Journalist, because he had allegedly disobeyed a directive by the Kano State Police Command to Journalists present at the event, not to report the IGP’s blunder, or make the video public.

According to sources, the IGP’s blunder brought an abrupt end to the event, leading the Police Chief’s handlers to hurriedly usher him away from the venue of the event.

The viral video showed the IG delivering an incoherent speech, which had since exposed him to public ridicule.

In a part of the transcription of the footage, Idris said: “I mean, transmission, I mean effort, that the transmission cooperation to transmission, I mean transmission to have effect, ehm, apprehend, I mean, apprehensive towards the recommendation, recommended formation effective and effect, I mean, apprehensive at the transmission of… and transmission and transmission for the effective in the police command.”

Voice of Liberty had posted the video, on Wednesday. It was gathered on Friday that the IGP was embarrassed by the trending video, and had ordered an investigation into its release.

In the video, the Police boss stumbled over nearly every word in the address, pronouncing transition as transmission, and generally bungling his remarks.
he over two minutes video showed Idris apologising to the audience intermittently, as he struggled to read the speech which appeared to be a few pages long.

As he battled to read the speech, a Senior Police Officer moved to his side to assist him, but he still flunked the speech.

A source revealed that the IGP explained away the video to his Officers, describing it as doctored.

“He has however ordered an investigation into the leakage of the video, but we are watching to see how he intends to deal with the individuals behind the viral video, without further embarrassing himself and the Force”, a Senior Police Officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told a Punch Reporter.

It was gathered further, that detectives were using the Police technical platform to track the original source of the video on the social media.

It was learnt that Bloggers that posted the video might be interrogated by the Police for allegedly “peddling a doctored video, meant to cast the IGP in a bad light and embarrass the Police leadership.”

The mood at the Force Headquarters on Friday, was solemn, as Policemen believed the video was sponsored by the enemies of the IGP.

“I believe the IGP may not be the most intelligent Officer, but he is capable of presenting coherent speeches”, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, said.

A source told Saturday Punch, that the Police was being cautious in issuing an official statement to debunk the video, in order not to further escalate reactions already generated by the clip.
he source said: “The video was doctored, and it was meant to embarrass the Force and the IGP. The Police do not want to issue an official statement, because no TV station, or newspaper has carried the story. The moment a statement is issued, the doctored video would be revisited, and it would escalate things. Even if the Police issues an official statement, it may still backfire.”

Another source, a senior Police Officer, claimed that the Force had “the original version of the doctored video”, dismissing allegations that the Police had invited the Journalist that released the video.

“The original version of the video is available. As far as I know, the Police have not ordered the arrest of anybody in connection with the video. The Journalist might say the Police invited him, but there was nothing like that. There is nothing like a spell being cast on the IGP. Besides, there is nothing like that in law. The video was done mischievously. IGP is mentally sound, and he has been coming to the office everyday, after that event was held”, he added.

The Officer however, stated that the video was under investigation, adding that, the outcome would determine the next line of action.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/breaking-igps-trending-video-journalist-escapes-for-his-life-goes-into-hiding-as-nigeria-police-swings-into-action/
Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by Donald95(m): 10:44am On May 19, 2018
In the zoo, You have freedom of speech but you don't have freedom after speech

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by Gloriousgud: 11:20am On May 19, 2018
I believe the video was doctor, please give us the real laws of the video in order to apprehensive ehm I mean apprehend the blogger who aired it. thank you!
Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by Nobody: 11:27am On May 19, 2018
ApostleT:
Emerging report indicates that a Liberty Television Journalist, Aminu Nurudeen, suspected to have posted the viral video showing the Inspector-General of Police, IGP, Ibrahim Idris, struggling to read a speech at a public event in Kano, has gone into hiding.

According to Punch Newspaper, the Kano State Police Command invited the Reporter to its office, immediately after the video went viral.
The video shows the IGP struggling to read his speech at the inauguration of the Police Technical Intelligence Unit, in Kano, Kano State, on Monday.

It was learnt that Nurudeen’s whereabouts had been unknown since the Kano State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Musa Magaji Majiya, invited him, on Thursday.

Sources said that the Police authorities were upset with the Journalist, because he had allegedly disobeyed a directive by the Kano State Police Command to Journalists present at the event, not to report the IGP’s blunder, or make the video public.

According to sources, the IGP’s blunder brought an abrupt end to the event, leading the Police Chief’s handlers to hurriedly usher him away from the venue of the event.

The viral video showed the IG delivering an incoherent speech, which had since exposed him to public ridicule.

In a part of the transcription of the footage, Idris said: “I mean, transmission, I mean effort, that the transmission cooperation to transmission, I mean transmission to have effect, ehm, apprehend, I mean, apprehensive towards the recommendation, recommended formation effective and effect, I mean, apprehensive at the transmission of… and transmission and transmission for the effective in the police command.”

Voice of Liberty had posted the video, on Wednesday. It was gathered on Friday that the IGP was embarrassed by the trending video, and had ordered an investigation into its release.

In the video, the Police boss stumbled over nearly every word in the address, pronouncing transition as transmission, and generally bungling his remarks.
he over two minutes video showed Idris apologising to the audience intermittently, as he struggled to read the speech which appeared to be a few pages long.

As he battled to read the speech, a Senior Police Officer moved to his side to assist him, but he still flunked the speech.

A source revealed that the IGP explained away the video to his Officers, describing it as doctored.

“He has however ordered an investigation into the leakage of the video, but we are watching to see how he intends to deal with the individuals behind the viral video, without further embarrassing himself and the Force”, a Senior Police Officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told a Punch Reporter.

It was gathered further, that detectives were using the Police technical platform to track the original source of the video on the social media.

It was learnt that Bloggers that posted the video might be interrogated by the Police for allegedly “peddling a doctored video, meant to cast the IGP in a bad light and embarrass the Police leadership.”

The mood at the Force Headquarters on Friday, was solemn, as Policemen believed the video was sponsored by the enemies of the IGP.

“I believe the IGP may not be the most intelligent Officer, but he is capable of presenting coherent speeches”, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, said.

A source told Saturday Punch, that the Police was being cautious in issuing an official statement to debunk the video, in order not to further escalate reactions already generated by the clip.
he source said: “The video was doctored, and it was meant to embarrass the Force and the IGP. The Police do not want to issue an official statement, because no TV station, or newspaper has carried the story. The moment a statement is issued, the doctored video would be revisited, and it would escalate things. Even if the Police issues an official statement, it may still backfire.”

Another source, a senior Police Officer, claimed that the Force had “the original version of the doctored video”, dismissing allegations that the Police had invited the Journalist that released the video.

“The original version of the video is available. As far as I know, the Police have not ordered the arrest of anybody in connection with the video. The Journalist might say the Police invited him, but there was nothing like that. There is nothing like a spell being cast on the IGP. Besides, there is nothing like that in law. The video was done mischievously. IGP is mentally sound, and he has been coming to the office everyday, after that event was held”, he added.

The Officer however, stated that the video was under investigation, adding that, the outcome would determine the next line of action.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/breaking-igps-trending-video-journalist-escapes-for-his-life-goes-into-hiding-as-nigeria-police-swings-into-action/
cc lzaa onyeoga shalomc pointzerom iceberg3 madridguy buhariguy bamoski4real

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by rejoice4eva(m): 11:43am On May 19, 2018
Exactly how the enemies and evil doers in this nation will soon be rubbished, disgraced and messed up before they are finally discarded.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by nku5: 11:50am On May 19, 2018
Nigeria is finished. Buhari and his buffoons have destroyed it

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by PointZerom: 11:51am On May 19, 2018
immhotep:

Abeg, me and sarrki dey for Ogbomosho shrine dey find awa own moon, as you know, we no go use our slave master's moon for dis year's RamOtu fasting.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by PointZerom: 11:57am On May 19, 2018
Gloriousgud:
I believe the video was doctor, please give us the real laws of the video in order to apprehensive ehm I mean apprehend the blogger who aired it. thank you!
Me and Immhotep will SARSmission you for engrish transmission. Doctor ko nurse ni.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:08pm On May 19, 2018
The worst IGP in the history of this country...

Under the watchful eyes of the worst government ever..

Buhari is a punishment to this country... Suddenly we are a laughing stock among the comity of nations
Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:09pm On May 19, 2018
PointZerom:
Abeg, me and sarrki dey for Ogbomosho shrine dey find awa own moon, as you know, we no go use our slave master's moon for dis year's RamOtu fasting.

Ramotu kwa?

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by saaron(m): 12:14pm On May 19, 2018
Like the case in Nigerian army, Nigeria under this pathetic APC buhari govt don't have "Police" like other sane countries around the world. What we have is a band of militia doing the dirty works of the govt.
Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 19, 2018
Gloriousgud:

Please stop complicating things for the igp.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 19, 2018
If this man Idris have sense, he will let this thing die peacefully than trying to add pepper to injury.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by LZAA: 12:56pm On May 19, 2018
immhotep:

grin grin
u know say i tell u say mainstream media dy dodge the tin like rotten food grin
bamoski4real and sarrki wee approve of this
Roger3D is getting married to his igbo wife soon grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by Paperwhite(m): 12:58pm On May 19, 2018
And yet the police said the alleged video was doctored Nigeria is indeed a shithole country.So press freedom is no more relevant & everyone must be a government sycophant?
Truth can never be denied but Nigeria is doomed with this evil APC government filled with clueless & incompetent people. undecided

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by Paperwhite(m): 1:03pm On May 19, 2018
rejoice4eva:
Exactly how the enemies and evil doers in this nation will soon be rubbished, disgraced and messed up before they are finally discarded.
So be it bro.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by fergie001: 1:07pm On May 19, 2018
PointZerom:

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by dechriscool(m): 1:25pm On May 19, 2018
Ok
Re: BREAKING Igp’s TRENDING VIDEO Journalist Escapes For His Life, Goes Into Hiding by bennyann: 2:30pm On May 19, 2018

For how long will they keep indulging in the bolded?

It was gathered on Friday that the IGP was embarrassed by the trending video, and had ordered an investigation into its release.

I'm really embarrassed cos it seems the bolded is what Idris is good at.

GEJ humbled himself through it all, went through the humiliation caused by his wife and still scaled through it all with love for his subordinates and his fellow citizens unshaken.

All I see here are bunch of selfish people at the helm of affairs....

May help come for those that can't defend themselves from the hands of such people.

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto Is Set To Commission A Project In PHC Tomorrow (photos) / Ekiti Election: APC Loses Its Own Poll On Twitter- Photos / LEAK: Senate Set For Stormy Session Over Defections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.