Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,746 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:55 AM

TV People Are Causing Havoc In The Church!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TV People Are Causing Havoc In The Church!!! (273 Views)

Terrorism: Why Islamic Terrorists Chant “Allah Akbar” Before Wrecking Havoc / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TV People Are Causing Havoc In The Church!!! by Gullah: 8:42am On May 20, 2018
I first became enthralled with the phrase "TV people" as a kid after watching the critically acclaimed 1980's horror movie Poltergeist. In the movie, a quiet, peaceful and successful family is thrown into turmoil when some spirits emerge from their television set to disorganise things in the house. Drinking glasses are shattered, furniture moves around of it's own accord, silverware are distorted, a child is abducted and the once peaceful family descends into chaos. The family's little daughter who notices that the bizzare occurrences were being orchestrated by evil spirits emerging from their TV set in trying to describe the spirits to her parents called the spirits "TV people". The parents watched incredulously as she told them that TV People were behind the strange happenings in their house but the little girl was eventually proved right and the TV set was rolled out of the house. I watched this movie many years ago but I have noticed that even more so in this age, evil influences from our television sets (TV people) are still having a negative and destructive impact on our generation

From the family to the society and even in the church, evil influences from the media and entertainment industry are manipulating and seducing the youth to embrace a life of immorality and waywardness that inevitably leads to destruction. I am not suggesting that TV is totally bad and to be discarded but is it not strange that the church is now the place you get the latest gist on unedifying TV shows like Big brother Naija? The latest immoral dance like one corner? The latest seductive dresses in town? Little wonder all kinds of vices and sexual immorality have penetrated the church from the members to the pastors. Why not stick to TV programmes that educate and edify? Guard your heart with all diligence (Proverbs 4:23), don't let "TV people" and "Internet people" lead you into the path of destruction.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Yield To The Spirit Of This Age / Release Your Faith / How To Prosper As A Child Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.