Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,679 members, 7,816,782 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Natural Hair Pics - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Natural Hair Pics (72363 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Woman Who Pimped Her Car With Human Hair.... Pics Inside / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natural Hair Pics by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 21, 2009
savanaha:

There are so many different styles on Youtube. I especially love some of the frohawks.
same here

[img]http://4.bp..com/_lWc15qI7k0w/SSnSqa5DUqI/AAAAAAAAAoc/rCHjpItMgq4/s400/braided+fro+hawk.jpg[/img]
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Lita(f): 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ FL Gators

i find using just the right amount of shea butter or castor oil on damp (or very lightly dampened) hair, my hair dries soft and not greasy. but i have to top up fairly often.
Re: Natural Hair Pics by oyinda3(f): 12:22am On Jul 22, 2009
lita, how do u use the shea butter? i find it hard to use. ie it's hard to melt naturally and even still there's still bits on my hair n that makes it look ashy. it's a lot of hard work melting it perfectly between my palms that i just stopped using it sad
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 22, 2009
Lita:

@ FL Gators

i find using just the right amount of shea butter or castor oil on damp (or very lightly dampened) hair, my hair dries soft and not greasy. but i have to top up fairly often.
Okiez, I got exactly those hair products.

I want to trry an afro, you know, but with my hair, if you comb it up, it falls back down. Do you think applying gel would make it work? Either gel or Cantu Shea b utter hair spray?
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Lita(f): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2009
i wish Kemi's site was me! i couldn't have all that hair in my dreams!

when i work the shea into damp hair, it tends not to look ashy, just give it a moment to melt into the hair. i melt it completely in my hands, a small amount as a time. i also often blend it with another oil or with aloe vera gel (you can even cut a leaf and scoop it out) which makes it a smoother less heavy butter. you might find coconut oil better (it doesn't suit my hair, but works for a LOT of people). when i get a moment, i'll try and find a fotki with more product information for you ladies.

as for your afro, FL Gator, if your hair is relaxed, it probably won't work. It has been chemically straightened and needs to be treated that way. I had to grow my perm out and cut off the relaxer. you cannot unrelax hair i'm afraid.

http://members.fotki.com/okorolina40/ is another (naija) woman with a slightly different technique to mine, might be worth looking at.
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2009
Thanks Lita. My hair hasn't been relaxed for a while.
I thought maybe I'll continue to braid it so I won't be able to use relaxer, then in time it'd turn natural
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Vuitton(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2009
Men. . . one of mr favorite ladies kiss

Re: Natural Hair Pics by oyinda3(f): 4:15am On Jul 24, 2009
lita, do u trim ur hair? and how often?
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Lita(f): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2009
i haven't for a looong time, but seeing as my hair is coloured, i probably should.
Re: Natural Hair Pics by oyinda3(f): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2009
Lita:

i haven't for a looong time, but seeing as my hair is coloured, i probably should.

do you get split ends? i see lots of them in the winter but currently i don't see that many since i cut an inch and half off a few months ago n the weather is humid now. i'm sure the splits will come back my november.
i want to go for a long time without cutting my hair as well but the damn split ends' got a tight grip on my collar n won't leave me alone. sad
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Lita(f): 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2009
i've always had split ends, kinda learned to live with them (to an extent). people always say they're bad, and though its not exactly thriving right now, i'm doing ok.

1 Like

Re: Natural Hair Pics by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2009
"
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2009
@Lita
I took the braids of today, and I washed it without blow drying, hoping it would dry and harden (coarse).

But it's too str8 and soft, is there any thing I can use to make it coarse and puffy? Like hairspray or something? undecided
Re: Natural Hair Pics by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2009
:-x
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2009
dayokanu:

:-x
Dayo, okun o. Kilo de? tongue
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Lita(f): 12:19am On Jul 26, 2009
kilon sele? so fe ki Dayo pin advice fun irun e?

i cannot speak Yoruba, only understand, and my writing is similarly abominable, so excuse my small attempt!

anyway, I'm pretty sure you can't turn processed hair natural. i've never tried to make permed hair coarse again, so can't really help you.  sorry  cry

the bonds in the strands have been broken so it lies straight and flops instead of standing up.  http://thenaturalhaven..com/ this lady explains the science better than i do.

good luck, and let me know if you find something that works.
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 26, 2009
Lita:

kilon sele? so fe ki Dayo pin advice fun irun e?

i cannot speak Yoruba, only understand, and my writing is similarly abominable, so excuse my small attempt!

anyway, I'm pretty sure you can't turn processed hair natural. i've never tried to make permed hair coarse again, so can't really help you. sorry cry

the bonds in the strands have been broken so it lies straight and flops instead of standing up. http://thenaturalhaven..com/ this lady explains the science better than i do.

good luck, and let me know if you find something that works.

rotflmao, you try. Don't mind dayo jare.

Okiez, but is it supposed to stay wet? It's been wet for like 3 hours.

No solution? cry cry cry
Re: Natural Hair Pics by oyinda3(f): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2009
FL Gators:

rotflmao, you try. Don't mind dayo jare.

Okiez, but is it supposed to stay wet? It's been wet for like 3 hours.

No solution? cry cry cry

3 hours? maybe ur weather is humid over there. but it won't turn coarse and puffy though since it's relaxed hair.
but what's wrong with straight and soft ? u dis girl tongue
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Gaminechic: 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2009
Hmm.

Hijacked, no?

I love doing the Frohawk, greatstyle Lita
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2009
@Lita
Thanks, I actually tried ome of your tips yest.

After my hair dried (since I didnt blow dry it like usual), it turned puffy and course and curly. Which I very much fell in love with cheesy

oyinda.:

3 hours? maybe ur weather is humid over there. but it won't turn coarse and puffy though since it's relaxed hair.
but what's wrong with straight and soft ? u dis girl tongue

You can't do much style ith str8 hair. And I don't want to be putting weaves in my hair all the time, it loses it edges and so on. I don't want that.
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Lita(f): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2009
@Gaminechic

can't claim the credit for the frohawk i'm afraid!

@FLGator
i'm glad it worked for you! believe me, my hair takes half a day to dry!
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Gaminechic: 8:12pm On Aug 01, 2009
@lita yeh i kno d hawk isnt you, talking about d ones u postd. Its all good.
Re: Natural Hair Pics by Busybody2(f): 7:52am On Aug 02, 2009
FL Gators:

Okiez, I got exactly those hair products.

I want to trry an afro, you know, but with my hair, if you comb it up, it falls back down. Do you think applying gel would make it work? Either gel or Cantu Shea b utter hair spray?

Have you tried mixing a bit of starch with your hair gel tongue Its only a suggestion dearie, afterall hair is supposed to be dead cheesy grin cheesy

@ Uncle Dayo
[s]Igbin and ikarawun lipsrsealed Ori Alagolo lo ma pa orun Dayokanu[/s] I was just passing by jejely and just said i should say "I hail oh" cheesy And in case you have a spare Uncle somewhere, me too i no mind a chaperone oh, y'know as per winter is fast approaching and i need protection and support cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gaminechic:

@lita yeh i kno d hawk isnt you, talking about d ones u postd. Its all good.

Yay, Gamine is back, its soooo good to have you back babe kiss [s]Lemme quickly go and hide my men from her prying eyes and wandering hands, before she sets her beady eyes on them[/s] angry angry angry
Re: Natural Hair Pics by bluespice(f): 3:16am On Aug 08, 2009
yay! im almost fully natural cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
just tips that are relaxed n they falling off on their own
i loves me some think natural hair!
short but we on the way
pics very soon
lemme braid it so its long tongue
Re: Natural Hair Pics by oyinda3(f): 3:24am On Aug 08, 2009
bluespice you are jokinggggggg cheesy
ha i'm getting nappy head company left and right it's not even funny. at this rate relaxer heads will eventually be in the minority.

just tell me it wasn't a joke o embarassed
Re: Natural Hair Pics by No2Atheism(m): 3:33am On Aug 08, 2009
oyinda.:

bluespice you are jokinggggggg cheesy
ha i'm getting nappy head company left and right it's not even funny. at this rate relaxer heads will eventually be in the minority.

just tell me it wasn't a joke o embarassed

finally my plan is working cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin buaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhha
[size=5pt]Dr. Evil grin[/size]
Re: Natural Hair Pics by No2Atheism(m): 3:34am On Aug 08, 2009
bluespice:

yay! im almost fully natural cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
just tips that are relaxed n they falling off on their own
i loves me some think natural hair!
short but we on the way
pics very soon
lemme braid it so its long tongue

yes ooooooo natural fits those cheeks of urs,
Re: Natural Hair Pics by bluespice(f): 3:36am On Aug 08, 2009
oyinda,
with the increase in headaches,
hair fall n having to note to brush my back when i brush my hair,
i coudnt ever be joking

no2a carry go joh tongue
Re: Natural Hair Pics by No2Atheism(m): 3:40am On Aug 08, 2009
As a man, i sincerely find it irritating seeing women wearing fake and and using chemicals to create a long term damage to their hair.

Many people have gone natural and have a lot of testimony to give with it. Morever that truth is that one cannot speak english more than the english, hence no matter how black women try, their hairs cannot be as straight like the caucasians. Hence it makes sense to play to your strenght, which is having rich, full and thick hair that can also naturally grow long and soft if u take the time to avoid the use of chemicals.

I have seen enough black women wearing natural hair and looking much better in it than those wake fake attachments.

Infact i find Solange (Beyonce's sister) to be more attractive than Beyonce herself with her latest skin head style.

Enough Fake Hair , Go Natural Hair, Like i am saying now, once u go natural u would never want to go back. grin grin grin grin
Re: Natural Hair Pics by bluespice(f): 3:55am On Aug 08, 2009
lol solange's just plain funny grin
Re: Natural Hair Pics by oyinda3(f): 4:11am On Aug 08, 2009
This is solange's comment on twitter (i removed the dots):

Straight off of Twitter:
listen if i wanted to make a statement i would have twitpic’d photo shoot ect. i was simply taking my son to school stupid paps (paparazzi) took pic. ive had my hair cut like this for two weeks i was NOT inspired by anyone but my self[b] i have done this twice in my life i was 16 i was 18 did not care about your opinion then, dont care now.[/b]dont need your attention or your co-sign. i am #3 trending topic before IRAN & some of you cant even locate it on a map its sad. dont want a edge up or a perm because im not trying to make this “a style” or a statement.

i just wanted to be free from the bondage that black women sometimes put on themselves with hair. this phase of my life i want to spend the time the energy and the money on something else not in the hair salon. im not mad at all of you that have made your opinions known, and have sent negative energy my way i expected this of you. you have the right to have an opinion so do i. ONLY reason i responded to this i have is because i was disappointed to see my name more talked about then #iran election. we gotta do better people. happy happy joy joy “im no soul girl quipped with no afro, im just my god given name. giggles at the word “rant”… im about to eat roscoes chicken and waffles with julezy and my buddies. not a rant in sight

i think she's brave. there are literally no natural celebrities. I like her more than her fake sister dat's for sure.
Re: Natural Hair Pics by bluespice(f): 4:19am On Aug 08, 2009
ur right about that
i prefer her to her sister
me thinks she always succeeds in looking natural under the cake of make up they have to wear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fat Lady Shares Her Nude Photo To Inspire Women To Love Their Bodies / The Beautiful Men Of The Afar Tribe / Checkout This 2-Year-Old Boy's Hairstyle That Has Gone Viral (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.