Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? (29161 Views)

11 Year Old Autistic Boy Gets Highest Possible IQ Score, Beating Albert Einstein / 4 Times Albert Einstein Was Asked About God And His Genius Replies / This Is Why They Study Pythagoras In Schools; BLACK MAN DO NOT BE DECIEVED!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Buffalowings3(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2018
Ishilove:

it is like you have shikini brain abi.

undecided
Educate yourself.
Nairaland is more than romance section.
undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by salford1: 8:48pm On May 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Color me cynical, but I think einstein was overhyped..Pythagoras was a greater mathematical genius and as far as geniuses go, Einstein pales in comparison to people like Thomas Edison and Leonardo Da Vinci to mention a few.
He is not overhyped. He is a super genius like Isaac Newton. You only get people like them maybe once in every 500 years.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by mightyhazell: 8:48pm On May 21, 2018
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Analog95(m): 8:52pm On May 21, 2018
obonujoker:
Who actually deserves this more??

Einstein or Pythagoras... Science students should know better, and why is the one deserving of it??

Mynd44
Laslaticlala
FTC...

Consider Pythagoras theorem which is used for triangle and most of us finds it easy to represent the corners of a triangle with ABC. It wouldn't make sense if the c is replaced with another alphabet. It would look odd to have a triangle ABD, ABE or ABP.

Now for Einstein. He uses c to represent speed. That itself is confusing for a learner. What is wrong in using s to represent speed when he used E for energy, and m for mass..

3 Likes

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Premiumwriter: 8:53pm On May 21, 2018
Jokerman:
I give it to Pythagoras... he was the first to use C... Einstein should have used another letter.... Moreover Pythagoras laid a foundation to many analytical problems with his theorem.....
it's Einstein because Pythagoras is equal to the square root of c2
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by chysam: 8:53pm On May 21, 2018
tayebest:
I'll rather give it to Pythagoras. cool

Einstein formula is too sophisticated, like how it was use to discover bomb which America and other countries with all terrorist use to destroy humanity! cry

bombs are not discovered.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Enice(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2018
obonujoker:
Who actually deserves this more??

Einstein or Pythagoras... Science students should know better, and why is the one deserving of it??

Mynd44
Laslaticlala
FTC...
I give it to Pythagoras. The 3,4,5 square system is used in all engineering. Civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical and other engineering. While Einstein's e=mc2 is mainly used in energy relate challenges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by mightyhazell: 9:00pm On May 21, 2018
AreaFada2:

Clearly Pythagoras.

First Pythagoras did his work about 2,500 years before Einstein. A time when only very few people could read. No real universities or professors to learn from.

Pythagoras did massive work in planetary science (stars, Venus), proportions, music tuning, solids and the fact that the earth is a sphere, a fact that took another over 2, 000 years later for others to realise/accept. He had massive influence on Gauss, Newton, Kepler, Copernicus and others that later went on to inspire Einstein.

He was also one of the best philosophers ever.
best response

2 Likes

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Topmaike007(m): 9:01pm On May 21, 2018
I prefer that man on bushy hair....
the man that God bless with knowledge..

Albert Einstein.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by kenex4ever(m): 9:05pm On May 21, 2018
AreaFada2:

Clearly Pythagoras.

First Pythagoras did his work about 2,500 years before Einstein. A time when only very few people could read. No real universities or professors to learn from.

Pythagoras did massive work in planetary science (stars, Venus), proportions, music tuning, solids and the fact that the earth is a sphere, a fact that took another over 2, 000 years later for others to realise/accept. He had massive influence on Gauss, Newton, Kepler, Copernicus and others that later went on to inspire Einstein.

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:05pm On May 21, 2018
salford1:

He is not overhyped. He is a super genius like Isaac Newton. You only get people like them maybe once in every 500 years.
Newton should not be mentioned side by side with Einstein..Isaac is the greatest genius in modern history..he was an invention machine..with a myriad of patented inventions to his name..

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Adiwana: 9:06pm On May 21, 2018
Enice:
I give it to Pythagoras. The 3,4,5 square system is used in all engineering. Civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical and other engineering. While Einstein's e=mc2 is mainly used in energy relate challenges.
Yes.to elaborate more in Civil Engineering,In using the 3,4,5 method,there's a direct application of this in mapping out a given space which us used to determine how your house will be built in order to get a Perfect Squared which directly affects how you roof your house.So Pythagoras all the way
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Adiwana: 9:08pm On May 21, 2018
AreaFada2:

Clearly Pythagoras.

Well said.Just like how Einstein himself built on Newtons works
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Adejoncy01(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2018
[quote author=Cosplay post=67736936]

I believe he regretted what his discoveries came to be used for, and not the scientific discoveries themselves.

Science is neither 'good' nor 'bad'. Science is not morality.

It's like facts. A banana is a fruit. That statement is neither good nor bad, neither positive nor negative.

Special relativity was a modern breakthrough which came to have far reaching applications such as in nuclear fission, in nuclear reactors in power plants.

While it is accurate that special relativity created a relatively new breed of powerful weapons, it also fostered insight into fusion and illumination of the Geophysical characteristics of the earth.

You may have read or heard about vital anti cancer drugs like cyclophosphamide used in Breast Cancer or Multiple Myeloma. That would be considered a 'good' development, I'd bet.

God Will Not Forgive Me If I Fail To Say You Are A Genius! Thumbs Up Brain!

3 Likes

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by musicwriter(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2018
Neither of them invented it.

Einstein was influenced by Isaac Newton.

Newton was influenced by Pythagoras.

Pythagoras himself was influenced by Imhotep, the world's first multi-genius who lived here in Africa. Imhotep lived during the reign of pharaoh Djoser (2686 BC - 2649 BC) and he was the one that developed the a2+b2 formula when he was building the step pyramid. The formula was later perfected by Pharaoh Kufour, who used it to build the perfect pyramid at Giza. All this happened over 2,000 years before Pythagoras was born. Indeed, Pythagoras learned mathematics, music, and geometry here in Africa where he came to school.

Your schools would never tell you this in the western controlled indoctrination called education.

Imhotep, the world's first scientist.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by mightyhazell: 9:10pm On May 21, 2018
Buffalowings3:

undecided
Educate yourself.
undecided
u had to do this to ishlove ..

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 21, 2018
Unrelated hypothesis, it cant even make it to hypothesis, needless to say it is an issue worth being discussed. In one case Pythagoras is representing values of attributes with alphabeths as an illustration and on the other case, Einstein is using Alphabeths to represent energy phases within the Unified Field.

So then, if the battle is about the superiority of the avatars compared, then we must understand that both men, are not Gods on the same aspects of Science. One is a Mathematician and the other is an Quantum Mechanist so the alphabeths represented different variables.

Who is smarter ? I go for Pythogoras, especially when Einstein made a great blunder on the theory of relativity. That error alone has misled so many scientists, many are not still aware of Einstein error today but look at him as some God, but then, the man tried.

3 Likes

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by BchristopherJ(m): 9:31pm On May 21, 2018
Roon9:
My dear E =mc2 is the most powerful mathematical postulation ever. It changed the complexity of Modern Warfare forever

E=mc2 the equation was later postulated in to MX4 to build bombs that were later used in the Vietnam war by Vietnamese.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by amaks: 9:34pm On May 21, 2018
This argument makes no sense. Those who two totally different things, the "C"s. Distance, velocity of light. No common ground for comparisons. Just because they both use C as symbol doesn't mean they're similar. They are both two great scientists in their own rights. If you are comparing the scientists themselves that's a different argument entirely. And that picture doesn't portray that.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 21, 2018
Pythagoras.
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Pkjoz: 9:43pm On May 21, 2018
I give it to einstein. His deserve it becos it is a constant in his formular. But for pythagoras he can use X,Y,&Z

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Ishilove: 9:43pm On May 21, 2018
Buffalowings3:

undecided
Educate yourself.
undecided
And how many times do you see me in the romance section?

That is how you will just be saying rubbish

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:47pm On May 21, 2018
Earthbound:
I'm not overly religious but where does Einstein's theory place God?

In the toilet.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by dokyOloye: 9:49pm On May 21, 2018
oglalasioux:
C2 is not same in both mathematical expressions. For pythagoras it's a proof of expression of shapes while for Einstein's equation C stands for speed or celeritas in Latin.
Na this type of talk make me run like say 10 devils de pursue enter health sciences grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by ghettochild4u(m): 10:03pm On May 21, 2018
AreaFada2:

Clearly Pythagoras.

Best Contribution award goes to this comments..
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by dokyOloye: 10:05pm On May 21, 2018
Buffalowings3:

undecided
Educate yourself.
undecided
When trouble sleep,yanga go wake am,wetin e de fiiiiiind for Lagosi oooooo.
Palavaaa,e de find,palavaa,e go geti oooooo.

Meanwhile,its refreshing knowing say ppl wey sabi book reach like this dey Nairaland.
Sarrki and other notorious zombies nearly make me lose hope grin

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Sniper4real(m): 10:05pm On May 21, 2018
I no kuku understand what u guys are saying undecided
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by drkay(m): 10:21pm On May 21, 2018
I will give it to Albert Eintein.
That formular has done a lot of scientific miracle and has helped in series of inventions. Aside of contributing to the body of knowlege, I have not been able to figure out the usefulness of that pythagoras formular. Maybe because i am not a mathematician.

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by maisauki: 10:30pm On May 21, 2018
obonujoker:
As for me though, I will give it to Einstein, coz I hate bald headed people... grin
And the bald headed man, is wearing a kaftan like Buhari, so I feel Einstein will do a better job...

So I give it to Einstein...

Lol.. I m not a science student o...
please what's the English meaning of your moniker
Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:33pm On May 21, 2018
musicwriter:
Neither of them invented it.

Einstein was influenced by Isaac Newton.

Newton was influenced by Pythagoras.

Pythagoras himself was influenced by Imhotep, the world's first multi-genius who lived here in Africa. Imhotep lived during the reign of pharaoh Djoser (2686 BC - 2649 BC) and he was the one that developed the a2+b2 formula when he was building the step pyramid. The formula was later perfected by Pharaoh Kufour, who used it to build the perfect pyramid at Giza. All this happened over 2,000 years before Pythagoras was born. Indeed, Pythagoras learned mathematics, music, and geometry here in Africa where he came to school.

Your schools would never tell you this in the western controlled indoctrination called education.

Imhotep, the world's first scientist.

gbam...
the imperialist would not agree that blacks once dominate the scientific field.. God bless you for this info..

1 Like

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by EazyMoh(m): 10:42pm On May 21, 2018
drkay:
I will give it to Albert Eintein.
That formular has done a lot of scientific miracle and has helped in series of inventions. Aside of contributing to the body of knowlege, I have not been able to figure out the usefulness of that pythagoras formular. Maybe because i am not a mathematician.
LOL you should have kept quite then. Pythagoras theorem is 100 times more useful than theory of relativity.
The most significant application of Einstein's formula is basically I'm nuclear energy generation. We have hundreds of other methods of generating energy which can easily replace nuclear even if the formula was never driven. On the other hand Pythagoras theorem makes breakthroughs in hundreds of fields possible such as structures, mechanical machines, travel, architecture, economics and so on...

2 Likes

Re: Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? by Therealev: 10:51pm On May 21, 2018
You sabi

Cosplay:

I believe he regretted what his discoveries came to be used for, and not the scientific discoveries themselves.

Science is neither 'good' nor 'bad'. Science is not morality.

It's like facts. A banana is a fruit. That statement is neither good nor bad, neither positive nor negative.

Special relativity was a modern breakthrough which came to have far reaching applications such as in nuclear fission, in nuclear reactors in power plants.

While it is accurate that special relativity created a relatively new breed of powerful weapons, it also fostered insight into fusion and illumination of the Geophysical characteristics of the earth.

You may have read or heard about vital anti cancer drugs like cyclophosphamide used in Breast Cancer or Multiple Myeloma. That would be considered a 'good' development, I'd bet.

However you may not know that during World War II, Nitrogen Mustard gas was discovered and developed subsequently into blistering chemical agents used till this day with devastating effect in chemical warfare.

Cyclophosphamide is a Nitrogen Mustard.

Would you then consider it 'good' or 'bad?

Pepper spray is a powerful personal protection tool.

But did you know that the primary inventor has severally mentioned his regret that it is often used by draconian regimes to curb public protests?

Does that then make Pepper Spray good or bad?

Science is an Objective process. The applications of that scientific process is where morality lies therein.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Augustine Ariwodo Ibegbulam Is Dead / Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns / What Every Nigerian Medical Student Must Experience In Medical School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.